Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 10:19 PM   #51
Webkinz :)
Eager Reader is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Deluxe Memberships Extend Webkinz World Account Expiration!

View Post Originally Posted by Alfie76
Where do you get the Deluxe Family Membership for only $9? When I look it up on WW, it says $45. Thanks in advance for any help you can give!
Hi. I am no expert, but have been reading all about this. What it means when it says $9 is this. You can put 5 accounts on a family membership. If you have 5 different family members, or 5 different accounts no matter who owns them (say you have 1, two grandkids in one family have 1 each, that brings us to 3, and you have two friends who each have an account), $45 divided by 5 people comes out to $9 for each account. Note, only the person who is the buying member and inputting all the information about the 5 accounts get the e-store cash or credit or whatever it is called. That money does not go to each of the 5 accounts. Also, the people you get to go in with you for this family or group deal have to give you their account names and their passwords. As much as everyone trusts each other, I think a lot of people would be very careful about handing out their information, as even your relatives and best friends may not be above raiding your account by logging on and sending valuable items by KinzPost to themselves. It is something to think about. Each month YOUR account, if you are the one heading up this group purchase, will receive, I believe, an additional 3000 e-store cash. That is the equivalent value of $3.00. Over a year's time, in your e-store account you will have, the beginning 3,000 and 5,000 bonus points, plus each month you earn another 3,000. These points accumulate and you can buy more. 1 dollar of your credit card or paypal money gets you 1000 points. The minimum purchase in the e-store is $10 or 10,000 points, you have to spend at least that amount to make a purchase. You can purchase cheaper items than $10, but you have to buy enough items to add up to at least $10. Over the course of a year, for the beginning $45 purchase price, the total your account will earn in the e-store will add up to 41,000 points, or $41.00 to spend. That was figured from 3,000 earned each month (remember that the 1st month's 3000 will go on immediately along with your 5,000 bonus sign-up.) 12 x 3,000 = 36,000 + 5,000 = 41,000 which is equal to $41. You can give some of the points earned away as gifts to anyone you choose, but again, if you don't give away at least 10,000 at a time, the recipient can't purchase anything without adding real money of their own. I hope I have not confused you, but helped clear some things up. As for me, am I going to purchase? It is so tempting. But right now, I am adult, by the way, I am not impulsively using my credit card. I started this for my grandchildren, and I do have an account to earn stuff for them. I love doing games, etc. on the site also. However, just considering what I have already spent, and the amount of things to do already on there..... do I need to add more? Ganz definitely is playing into our Webkinz addiction, and I must say it.... our greed for those rare and exclusive items, and privileges that will come with a deluxe membership. My grandchildren's time is limited on the computer. I looked into Webkinz Jr. today for them, and honestly, their mom said, what they have is plenty. Don't spend more money, because we are not letting them on the computer that much. Also, I find myself spending way more time than perhaps I should, trying to earn trophies and more money to buy rares. I mean, really, look at all the time I spending just trying to answer your question. LOL Silly me. I guess I think that at some point, I need to put a limit on my time AND the money spent on Webkinz. And I think between the 3 people playing in my family, we have 10 pets, so we have not gone overboard. This is not only an addiction for many of us, which I admit I am addicted, but could easily become an obsession. All these options that have come out in the last few weeks, items to buy, Signature, Caring Valley, Kinz Klips, Deluxe membership, Webkinz Jr. and Deluxe Jr. memberships have just made me take a step back and say to myself, " Hold it. Is this taking over more of my time and energy than it really should? I think I spend enough time on this site and Webkinz without giving myself additional options to spend MORE time and MORE money." In fact, typing this and thinking about what I am trying to explain concerning the Deluxe, has sort of helped me make up my mind. NO. I am not buying into Ganz enticing me to do more at this time. Just my opinion. I hope I at least helped you figure out how all of this works. Thanks for reading if you made it all the way through this, and have a good weekend.
Eager Reader is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2009, 10:32 PM   #52

margiemmcc is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Eager Reader
Hi. I am no expert, but have been reading all about this. What it means when it says $9 is this. You can put 5 accounts on a family membership. If you have 5 different family members, or 5 different accounts no matter who owns them (say you have 1, two grandkids in one family have 1 each, that brings us to 3, and you have two friends who each have an account), $45 divided by 5 people comes out to $9 for each account. Note, only the person who is the buying member and inputting all the information about the 5 accounts get the e-store cash or credit or whatever it is called. That money does not go to each of the 5 accounts. Also, the people you get to go in with you for this family or group deal have to give you their account names and their passwords. As much as everyone trusts each other, I think a lot of people would be very careful about handing out their information, as even your relatives and best friends may not be above raiding your account by logging on and sending valuable items by KinzPost to themselves. It is something to think about. Each month YOUR account, if you are the one heading up this group purchase, will receive, I believe, an additional 3000 e-store cash. That is the equivalent value of $3.00. Over a year's time, in your e-store account you will have, the beginning 3,000 and 5,000 bonus points, plus each month you earn another 3,000. These points accumulate and you can buy more. 1 dollar of your credit card or paypal money gets you 1000 points. The minimum purchase in the e-store is $10 or 10,000 points, you have to spend at least that amount to make a purchase. You can purchase cheaper items than $10, but you have to buy enough items to add up to at least $10. Over the course of a year, for the beginning $45 purchase price, the total your account will earn in the e-store will add up to 41,000 points, or $41.00 to spend. That was figured from 3,000 earned each month (remember that the 1st month's 3000 will go on immediately along with your 5,000 bonus sign-up.) 12 x 3,000 = 36,000 + 5,000 = 41,000 which is equal to $41. You can give some of the points earned away as gifts to anyone you choose, but again, if you don't give away at least 10,000 at a time, the recipient can't purchase anything without adding real money of their own. I hope I have not confused you, but helped clear some things up. As for me, am I going to purchase? It is so tempting. But right now, I am adult, by the way, I am not impulsively using my credit card. I started this for my grandchildren, and I do have an account to earn stuff for them. I love doing games, etc. on the site also. However, just considering what I have already spent, and the amount of things to do already on there..... do I need to add more? Ganz definitely is playing into our Webkinz addiction, and I must say it.... our greed for those rare and exclusive items, and privileges that will come with a deluxe membership. My grandchildren's time is limited on the computer. I looked into Webkinz Jr. today for them, and honestly, their mom said, what they have is plenty. Don't spend more money, because we are not letting them on the computer that much. Also, I find myself spending way more time than perhaps I should, trying to earn trophies and more money to buy rares. I mean, really, look at all the time I spending just trying to answer your question. LOL Silly me. I guess I think that at some point, I need to put a limit on my time AND the money spent on Webkinz. And I think between the 3 people playing in my family, we have 10 pets, so we have not gone overboard. This is not only an addiction for many of us, which I admit I am addicted, but could easily become an obsession. All these options that have come out in the last few weeks, items to buy, Signature, Caring Valley, Kinz Klips, Deluxe membership, Webkinz Jr. and Deluxe Jr. memberships have just made me take a step back and say to myself, " Hold it. Is this taking over more of my time and energy than it really should? I think I spend enough time on this site and Webkinz without giving myself additional options to spend MORE time and MORE money." In fact, typing this and thinking about what I am trying to explain concerning the Deluxe, has sort of helped me make up my mind. NO. I am not buying into Ganz enticing me to do more at this time. Just my opinion. I hope I at least helped you figure out how all of this works. Thanks for reading if you made it all the way through this, and have a good weekend.

Thanks for the break down on the information!! You really hit the nail on the head . I think I am probable just going to sit tight right now too! I still like to have some time to come on the and see what's going on with everyone here!!

Thanks for taking the time to share ~ Margie
margiemmcc is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 11:12 PM   #53

gigglemeg has a brilliant futuregigglemeg has a brilliant futuregigglemeg has a brilliant futuregigglemeg has a brilliant futuregigglemeg has a brilliant future

My sister's birthday is in May. For her birthday we are getting her the deluxe family package, of course all of us kids benefit, but with the two extra accounts can we give them to her friends? She has two very close friends (almost like family) who are also have Webkinz. It is cool that it extends the account for a year. And it really doesn't end up being that much. 45/5=$9 plus all the benefits. Do the points roll over or do you need to spend them that month though?

My older sister said, "I hope it's an April Fools Joke" when she first saw the deluxe package offer. Funny that it came out on the first of April.

Last edited by gigglemeg; 04-04-2009 at 11:12 PM..
gigglemeg is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 12:38 AM   #54
Gift Guru

skatergirl80 has a reputation beyond reputeskatergirl80 has a reputation beyond reputeskatergirl80 has a reputation beyond reputeskatergirl80 has a reputation beyond reputeskatergirl80 has a reputation beyond reputeskatergirl80 has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by webkinzjava
As a retailer, I know right now that the economy is down as it is but adding a membership for Webkinz World is a dumb idea when it comes to us that sell webkinz. Why you ask? Well because if everyone just buys a deluxe membership so there account will never expire and so they wont need to purchase any stuffed animal webkinz from us retailers. We wont be buying anymore webkinz if this membership takes over so no more webkinz for our store and many other stores that do not agree with this NEW membership that ganz is just trying to make another dollar off Children and Their Parents. Dumb Ganz is all I have to say from a retailers point of view.
Well technically it's really a smart move for them. They can cut you out and turn everything virtual and make more profit.

However that said, I still think there will be a demand for the plush - collectors are collectors. Besides, not everyone who plays webkinz will buy the deluxe package.
skatergirl80 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 11:01 AM   #55

LuvMyKids will become famous soon enough

Has anyone purchased the individual deluxe yearly package? Was wondering what the estore quality gift is and all the other gifts were.

Thanks
LuvMyKids is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 12:49 PM   #56
dragoneyez85

dragoneyez85 is on a distinguished road

So when you I would sign up for 1 month for the $5 to try it out, can I just let it expire by not buying another month, or will Ganz automatically charge me another $5 for the next month if I don't cancel it somehow?
dragoneyez85 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 04:53 PM   #57
uvs being an insane

Smiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud ofSmiley Rockr has much to be proud of

That's cool. I think I'm more excided about everytg else it comes with though.
Smiley Rockr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 08:05 PM   #58
beaver419
Gift Guru

Alfie76 has a spectacular aura about

Wow! Thanks so much for the info. It must have taken you quite awhile to do this. I really appreciate it!

View Post Originally Posted by Eager Reader
Alfie76 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 03:28 PM   #59
Unregistered

i WILL NEVER spend money to have something online especially something like webkinz ganz is just trying to do something else to make more $$$. im not wasting my $ on this
Old 04-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #60
Unregistered

Talking Re: Deluxe Memberships Extend Webkinz World Account Expiration!

So if I want to become a Deluxe member for 1 month I only have to pay 1 fee the $5 and that's it ?

Last edited by Unregistered; 04-10-2009 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: miss-spelled word

Tags
pounder

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: