Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 01:16 PM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Deluxe Curio Shop Update Explained

A new front page story has been added:

Deluxe Curio Shop Update Explained

There has been some confusion in the forum over what today's update to the Curio Shop means for Webkinz players. So, to try to clear things up, here is a quick summary of the changes:

Instead of having twelve items for sale each hour, Arte now has twenty-four items for sale. However, only members with Deluxe Webkinz memberships are able to see all twenty-four items at the same time. If a member with a regular Webkinz membership wants to view all twenty-four items, he/she will have to log out of Webkinz World and log back in again. Since the items are organized randomly, it may take several tries to get a look at them all.

This is going to be very important when Rare items are for sale in the Curio Shop. If you have a regular Webkinz membership, when it's time for Arte to have a Rare item for sale, it may not be visible at first. You may have to go through the process of logging out and logging back in several times to get the Rare item to show up. Members with regular Asian accounts reported being able to do this with Wednesday's 10pm Rare item, the Egyptian Vase.

According to the Webkinz Newz, "Deluxe Members will get an extra rare each day in the Curio Shop." Based on what we have seen in Webkinz World today, that doesn't seem to be the case.
Click the image to open in full size.
FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-24-2009, 02:19 PM   #2
Call me Karen
Webkinz :)

webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!webkinzlover218 is headed for the top!

Default Re: Deluxe Curio Shop Update Explained

Really? Well, that's hard, I'm not a deluxe!
webkinzlover218 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #3
Wacky Holidays!

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Thank you for letting everyone know about this important change to the Curio Shop programming!
SnowCrystal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:36 PM   #4
I'm movin' on ♥

Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness
Desty is epic beyond epicnessDesty is epic beyond epicness

So, does that mean that deluxe members get to buy two items? (one from each)
Desty is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:40 PM   #5
arreicjanuary5

arreicjanuary5 is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks for the info!!!!!!!!!!!!

arreicjanuary5 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:41 PM   #6
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

I am glad you cleared that up

I think it is great that the deluxe members get extra stuff... but i don't have deluxe and I was a little worried that they were taking AWAY something from us normal members... I'm glad that we can still buy the rare if we want, just have to log out a few times to see it I guess.

Its great they add stuff, but please don't take things away from the normal members
kellyschrvr is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:44 PM   #7
Too-Wit Too-Woo
Gift Guru

jazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talent

I'm a little confused - I understand logging in and then out and then in again to see the "extra" sales items - is that itself a glitch? Should the "regular" members be able to see all 24 items? (I'm not knocking regular memberships, just trying to understand the 'added feature' if it's technically available to all) and if there is an 'extra rare' for deluxe members, will logging out and then back in again for regular sites call up the rare for them? I guess time will tell.
jazzinmarch is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:45 PM   #8
Thanks WI. You rock!
Gift Guru

ConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guideConchyJane is a golden guide

Donation Award 

Thanks FIA for the explanation. It's operating now like the Kinzstyle shop. If you don't see what you want the first time, you have to go through that log out/in process until it's there. Very time consuming, especially if you have an older, slower computer. Not too much fun for the little ones! Thanks again! CJ
ConchyJane is offline Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:47 PM   #9
Lil Kinz
rickileigh23 is an unknown quantity at this point

im a deluxe but it shows me the same things for deluxe and regular curio shop items?
rickileigh23 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 02:50 PM   #10
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by Desty
So, does that mean that deluxe members get to buy two items? (one from each)
That is a very strong possibility. I know there were two rares offered in the Asian accounts earlier and I had access to both. I have Deluxe in my Asian accounts.
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
kevinelevin was here!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: