Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2009, 06:22 AM   #111
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

Default Re: Deal of the Day at the Ganz Estore, Dec 1st - Dec 24th

View Post Originally Posted by ()mega
I am not trying to be rude but you should NEVER thing Gantz is trying to work for you. Their main objective is the bottom line, this case it was trying to get as many people as they can to buy a five dollar tree that you cannot send or trade. Plus it just makes me scratch my head when they sell items at the eStore that will NEVER have a real item attached. My kids expect a plushy, so I can at this point never buy any of these e-pets, which I find kind-of a scam anyway.
I am also not trying to be rude but I think more people should read this and pay attention to it. GANZ never has your interests at heart, they are a business and they only do things to get your money. All they care about is their bottom line- they don't care if you're spending your last dime on their product instead of food for your family.

The only reason they extended the sale of the Christmas trees is because someone in the executive office made the realization that, "Hey- we're not even manufacturing this VIRTUAL item- all we have to do is flip a digit in a database and we will have as many in stock as we want.... If we limit this VIRTUAL item to only 500 items then the maximum amount we can make is $2500. Why stop there when we can make $x00000000 instead???? (slurp, drool.... money....)

People, remember on EACH and EVERY tag for the plushes you buy it clearly states, "GANZ reserves the right to modify and/or discontinue the website webkinz . com or access thereto, at any time without notice." That means one day Samuel or Howard GANZ can wake up one morning, decide that this venture is no longer worth the trouble, and close shop, throw all his employees out on the street and walk away scott-free with pocketfuls of your cash- and there's nothing you can do about it.

In addition, all your hard-earned money you used to purchase these virtual toys will be gone- and you will have nothing to show for it.

After reading that GANZ had a net loss of 2 MILLION DOLLARS in the past 6 MONTHS, my family took a hard look at our Webkinz 'wants'...

We would feel a lot better if GANZ made a home-version of the Webkinz program that we could play when the site was down. It would be good if we could port all our settings over so that when the site was down we could still play with the games and have all our items. Then we would feel a lot better about buying virtual-only items.

However the way it stands now, we pay GANZ and they hold ALL THE CARDS and make all the rules to suit themselves. When you think about it, they have the perfect business setup.

Just a little food for thought, the next time you're rushing to punch your credit card number into the eStore's payment window....

Last edited by likmfurry; 12-04-2009 at 06:41 AM..
likmfurry is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #112
orld's Slowest
Webkinz :)

derring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with gracederring do wears the mantle of perfection with grace

Didn't go back to read anyone else, but the lede in your story is misleading - it is NOT $5 for both the table and chairs, it is $5 for EACH.
derring do is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:23 AM   #113
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

No Derring, I just checked it out, it really IS 5000 ePoints for the whole set Didn't buy it, though.I am saving my points for that mistletoe mouse.
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:24 AM   #114
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by derring do
Didn't go back to read anyone else, but the lede in your story is misleading - it is NOT $5 for both the table and chairs, it is $5 for EACH.
thank you for letting me know. I had it separate and was told otherwise, fixing it back
COWS4YOU is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:27 AM   #115
kayemilam

cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!

I have the sushi bar and chair set - if you can afford it,

I recommend purchase of 1 set of extra chairs.

I have created a restaurant with the store cashier section, and the low table from the oriental room! I added two of the outdoor / indoor table with the cooking fire in the middle. I don't have software to put an image here.... sorry... when my page is up again you can see it at kayemilam's my page

Cindy

=======
cindyscottage is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:29 AM   #116
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by kayembee
Actually if you add it to your cart it shows the price is 5,000 fo rthe whole set.

Click the image to open in full size.

I don't remember paying 17,000 for it when it first came out. It must have been a lot less for Deluxe Adv Members.
This IS Correct, it IS only 5000 eStore points.
Dixiecup is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:35 AM   #117
kayemilam

cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!cindyscottage is the bees knees!

View Post Originally Posted by COWS4YOU
thank you for letting me know. I had it separate and was told otherwise, fixing it back
you do receive 'some' chairs with the sushi bar - but 2 extras are helpful.

DESCRIPTION - Sushi Bar & 4 Chairs Set -- SO IT COMES WITH 4 CHAIRS.... but I recommend having 6 chairs.

That said.... I've thought that the price for 2 more was too high.... and never added them!

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
No Derring, I just checked it out, it really IS 5000 ePoints for the whole set Didn't buy it, though.I am saving my points for that mistletoe mouse.
^5 Dixie Cup - that is a good move! Not sure I like the change in the mouse... but it is cute!!

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
I am also not trying to be rude but I think more people should read this and pay attention to it. GANZ never has your interests at heart, they are a business and they only do things to get your money. All they care about is their bottom line- they don't care if you're spending your last dime on their product instead of food for your family.

The only reason they extended the sale of the Christmas trees is because someone in the executive office made the realization that, "Hey- we're not even manufacturing this VIRTUAL item- all we have to do is flip a digit in a database and we will have as many in stock as we want.... If we limit this VIRTUAL item to only 500 items then the maximum amount we can make is $2500. Why stop there when we can make $x00000000 instead???? (slurp, drool.... money....)

People, remember on EACH and EVERY tag for the plushes you buy it clearly states, "GANZ reserves the right to modify and/or discontinue the website webkinz . com or access thereto, at any time without notice." That means one day Samuel or Howard GANZ can wake up one morning, decide that this venture is no longer worth the trouble, and close shop, throw all his employees out on the street and walk away scott-free with pocketfuls of your cash- and there's nothing you can do about it.

In addition, all your hard-earned money you used to purchase these virtual toys will be gone- and you will have nothing to show for it.

After reading that GANZ had a net loss of 2 MILLION DOLLARS in the past 6 MONTHS, my family took a hard look at our Webkinz 'wants'...

We would feel a lot better if GANZ made a home-version of the Webkinz program that we could play when the site was down. It would be good if we could port all our settings over so that when the site was down we could still play with the games and have all our items. Then we would feel a lot better about buying virtual-only items.

However the way it stands now, we pay GANZ and they hold ALL THE CARDS and make all the rules to suit themselves. When you think about it, they have the perfect business setup.

Just a little food for thought, the next time you're rushing to punch your credit card number into the eStore's payment window....
MAYBE WE COULD START COMMENTS TO THEM ASKING FOR THE PURCHASE OF SOFTWARE? I ALSO HAVE A LOT INVESTED IN WEBKINZ, AND A VERY LARGE ROOM, BUT I DONATE 99% OF MY PETS TO CHARITY. I AM INTO THE GAMES AND DECORATING.

LET'S ADD THIS TO COMMENTS WHILE THEY ALLOW THEM... AND TO THE COMMENTS IN THE NEWSPAPER - ASK FOR SOFTWARE.... I'D BUY IT but want to use online too.

Cindy

=========

Last edited by cindyscottage; 12-04-2009 at 08:35 AM..
Old 12-04-2009, 08:38 AM   #118
COWS4YOU

COWS4YOU has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
This IS Correct, it IS only 5000 eStore points.
View Post Originally Posted by cindyscottage
you do receive 'some' chairs with the sushi bar - but 2 extras are helpful.

DESCRIPTION - Sushi Bar & 4 Chairs Set -- SO IT COMES WITH 4 CHAIRS.... but I recommend having 6 chairs.

That said.... I've thought that the price for 2 more was too high.... and never added them!

Cindy
thanks for clearing that up
COWS4YOU is offline Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #119
kayemilam

View Post Originally Posted by likmfurry
SNIP

SNIP

I WROTE TO WEBKINZ TODAY IN THE COMMENTS SECTION - ASKING FOR OFFLINE VERSION OF SOFTWARE THAT WE CAN COMBINE WITH THE ONLINE VERSION.

I FEEL THAT WITH THE INVESTMENT IN THE KIDS PARK AND OTHER NEW FEATURES THAT THEY ARE DEMONSTRATING A COMMITMENT.

THE INCREASED PROMOTION OF THE E-STORE ALSO TELLS ME THAT THEY ARE WORKING CREATIVELY TO INCREASE SALES - SOME of us can afford it... some can't... I have been rethinking and decided to set up a budget - I can't afford to continue to purchase everything - so plan to focus on a very special item each month, or two pets a month.

Thank you for thoughtful post. It was off topic - but timing was appropriate - Cindy
Old 12-04-2009, 09:16 AM   #120
Silentbreeze
Gifted

big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond
big2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyondbig2gray goes above and beyond

WI Subscriber

All these months of ignoring the e-store is finally paying off!
big2gray is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
1 topazpoppy waz here!, live laugh love, london's tag!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: