Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-01-2008, 08:52 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS: It's time to "Fall Back".

boy if we thought there were problems with timed activities before & stuff, I can't wait to see what the hour switch is going to do. Im scared of what glitches will bring
a3doglife is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2008, 02:44 AM   #12
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

Yup -

Spring FORWARD,
Fall BACK!

I won't look forward to it getting dark so much "earlier"!
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Old 11-02-2008, 07:30 AM   #13
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

well, wouldn't you know...... even after thanking justin yesterday for the reminder...

i got up this morning to do my dailies and stuff and looked at the ww clock and it was different than my home clocks!!!!! i thought it was a glitch and THEN i remembered the time changes. talk about senior moments!!!!!!!
miss spots is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 12:01 AM   #14
Dreaming of Webkinz
Gifted

rifraf is an unknown quantity at this point

It was nice having an extra hour today.
rifraf is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 06:03 AM   #15
Gift Guru

NascarFan has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by KittyFanatic
Yup -

Spring FORWARD,
Fall BACK!

I won't look forward to it getting dark so much "earlier"!
It is dark so much earlier...I don't like that...but I do like that it is daylight again in the am when my kids have to catch the bus...on Friday we needed flashlights...LOL
View Post Originally Posted by miss spots
well, wouldn't you know...... even after thanking justin yesterday for the reminder...

i got up this morning to do my dailies and stuff and looked at the ww clock and it was different than my home clocks!!!!! i thought it was a glitch and THEN i remembered the time changes. talk about senior moments!!!!!!!
Teee heeeeee....we've all been there before
NascarFan is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 08:16 AM   #16
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

I extremelhy disklike clock changes.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #17
weevie97

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

i love haveing a extra hour a day.
mantateelover is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 09:38 AM   #18
klb1010 / 38specialk
Gift Guru

klb1010 is the cats pajamas!klb1010 is the cats pajamas!klb1010 is the cats pajamas!klb1010 is the cats pajamas!klb1010 is the cats pajamas!klb1010 is the cats pajamas!

Kinztime seems OK, but is WI on a "fall forward" schedule? Time seems off here...just wondering!
klb1010 is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 09:52 AM   #19
marloh818 is an unknown quantity at this point

Angry Re: DAYLIGHT SAVINGS: It's time to "Fall Back".

View Post Originally Posted by kinzcrazy
I extremelhy disklike clock changes.
I used to love this because of the extra hour of sleep. But now that I have 2 little ones, I don't get any extra hour (they're just up at 6am instead of 7am) and the time changes twice a year TOTALLY screw them up. I vote for getting rid of DST altogether!
marloh818 is offline Female
Old 11-03-2008, 11:23 AM   #20
♀ jaxcat ϓ
Gift Guru

jaxcat has disabled reputation

Thank you for the reminder. I have some clocks that change automatically, such as the computer, the cable box, and my cell phone (though last year I had to go through a major hassle trying to download and install some patch because they changed the dates by lengthening DST).

So I get confused about which clocks have been changed and which ones need to be changed. Plus I wonder if my husband has already changed the clocks in that room!

I got a little upset when they voted to lengthen DST. It's a challenge trying to get my daughter out of bed when it's still dark.

I am so happy it's finally over! I wouldn't be hurt if they did decide to do away with DST.

Besides, I read that about 5% fewer heart attacks occur on the Monday after the end of daylight savings time. And the heart-attack rate for five of the six following days is reduced, too.

And that same study revealed a spike of 6% to 10% in the number of heart attacks on the Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday that follow the beginning of daylight savings time.
jaxcat is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: