Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-12-2008, 04:55 PM   #11
I love
Webkinz :)

milliemay13 is a name known to allmilliemay13 is a name known to allmilliemay13 is a name known to all

Default Re: CURIO SHOP NEWS: Curio Shop Items Match Today Across Zones

This is off subject of this topic (I didn't know where to post it) But does anyone know when the rest of the christmas items are going to show up?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2008, 05:12 PM   #12
Gift Guru

tokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with gracetokyo rose wears the mantle of perfection with grace

I would be so sad if this is true.....I opened up three Asian accounts just for the different rares. And I like it because it is like you have an extra chance to get a differnt rare everyday. And I feel like Asian only rares are usually nicer than the ones we get on our Euro/US accounts. (That is, of course, my own opinion) Yes, it is hard to stay up late for Asian rares, and I don't know how many times my husband got upset because my alarm clock always woke him up two o'clock in the morning, not just me. Now I ask my mom who lives in Japan to watch my Asian accounts and I can sleep through most of the nights, so my husband is OK with it. (MY mom got addicted too and she now has her own accounts, by the way...And I watch her US account for rares. LOL)

I wonder if bunch of angry and sleepless husbands whose wives are addicted to Asian rares complained to GANZ...(J/K) But, seriously I hope this is not true. I would like to continue to see different rares on Asian account.
tokyo rose is offline Female
Old 12-12-2008, 05:32 PM   #13
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I am not convinced of this just yet. Something about it is not quite right to my thinking and I don't know for sure exactly what it is. Lemme think on it a bit. The other thing that has me a bit disturbed is the BB Theory...a lot of the BB's in the Asian account seem to be influenced by the rare...that would mean that something in their programming THERE will have to fixed because it is tied to that time-sync issue, somehow. The NA and Euro have not seen near as any of those unusual occurances as we have in the Asian thread...They may have 'jury-rigged' the rares at this point, but I think it is going to wind up back-firing to be honest.
Back in May for two or three days things were in "sync". From February to May, the Curio Shop used to only make one change during the day. After those few days in may, the Curio Shop started changing two times a day.
FIA is offline Female
Old 12-12-2008, 05:49 PM   #14
I luvz U!

Webberlily has disabled reputation

If Ganz does manage to sync the three time zones, we will get only HALF the total number of rares per day. This is very very bad news. If aztec floors (for example) were showing up once every three months on average, they will now show up once every six months. How can anyone be pleased about this dis-improvement?
Webberlily is offline Female
Old 12-12-2008, 06:44 PM   #15

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
Back in May for two or three days things were in "sync". From February to May, the Curio Shop used to only make one change during the day. After those few days in may, the Curio Shop started changing two times a day.

I really hope that you all are right and that everything will go back the way it was. I will stay optimistic!
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-12-2008, 06:59 PM   #16
I Love Fall

d8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud ofd8471 has much to be proud of

I feel like most of the folks on here! I got an Asian account for one specific reason and that was to get a different rare! I set my cell phone alarm,it's not half as loud and dh sleeps right through it,lol!
d8471 is offline Female
Old 12-15-2008, 01:54 PM   #17

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Exclamation Re: CURIO SHOP NEWS: Curio Shop Items Match Today Across Zones

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
If Ganz does manage to sync the three time zones, we will get only HALF the total number of rares per day. This is very very bad news. If aztec floors (for example) were showing up once every three months on average, they will now show up once every six months. How can anyone be pleased about this dis-improvement?
I figured this out a while back & it was greed that made it change the first time & It has taken this long to fix the so called mistake. we may get too many pictures in our accounts!
they are trying to make everything so we have to pay real money for pictures of pictures of items, and if people must wait so long to get a rare then they will be more tempted to buy the GREEDESTORE items for the instant gradification of getting a picture of a picture to keep in your dock. woohoo ! I Should have said No to webkinz! it has been awful for me since I started it & gave up another hobby for it. It is soooo sad. ChA

---------- a3doglife added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

Glitchkinz...

Just say no !!!

---------- a3doglife added 12 Minutes and 52 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Dixiecup
I am not convinced of this just yet. Something about it is not quite right to my thinking and I don't know for sure exactly what it is. Lemme think on it a bit. The other thing that has me a bit disturbed is the BB Theory...a lot of the BB's in the Asian account seem to be influenced by the rare...that would mean that something in their programming THERE will have to fixed because it is tied to that time-sync issue, somehow. The NA and Euro have not seen near as any of those unusual occurances as we have in the Asian thread...They may have 'jury-rigged' the rares at this point, but I think it is going to wind up back-firing to be honest.

they are trying to prevent us from getting items ahead of time that is why the asian account had no halloween gift bags, then they tried to correct it and it was already the next day so it really jammed the programs. not to mention the fact that they obviously don't go by the same calendar that the rest of us go by. just like kinzcash and kinztime !
So unless their Super Computer can stop the rotation of the earth, the days and time will always be different & to make it 'fair' unfortunately they will have to make all the time zones the same so people in japan will be palying thru their night et... or leave it the way it was before when it did work (NOVEMBER of 2007)

Last edited by a3doglife; 12-15-2008 at 01:54 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
a3doglife is offline Female
Old 12-15-2008, 02:03 PM   #18

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by a3doglife
I figured this out a while back & it was greed that made it change the first time & It has taken this long to fix the so called mistake. we may get too many pictures in our accounts!
they are trying to make everything so we have to pay real money for pictures of pictures of items, and if people must wait so long to get a rare then they will be more tempted to buy the GREEDESTORE items for the instant gradification of getting a picture of a picture to keep in your dock. woohoo ! I Should have said No to webkinz! it has been awful for me since I started it & gave up another hobby for it. It is soooo sad. ChA
I don't feel that the Curio Rares and the estore items are a trade off of any sort or a way for Ganz to be greedy. It is not as though the estore is offering to sell the Aztec, Medieval, Ancient, and other rare themes in the estore. The estore has completely different products.

And I feel that most collectors will always want to buy, with Kinzcash, the Rares that Arte offers. It is also why so many are upset about the change. My asian accounts were my primary form of collecting the Aztec Theme. So I am extremely dissapionted that things have changed. And I am hoping they will go back to the way they were...different from US and Europe.

Also as far as the estore is concerned, WW members basically asked for them to create this. Ebay and other sites sold virtual items for a long time, for real world cash. It was basically a 'black market for rare virtual items'. And they sold like hotcakes. All Ganz did was give us what they thought we wanted and probably even more than 'black market buyers' could have imagined. So I can why some people feel that it is a rip off, but I also see why people don't.

---------- bromsisa added 5 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by a3doglife

---------- a3doglife added 2 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

Glitchkinz...

Just say no !!!

---------- a3doglife added 12 Minutes and 52 Seconds later ----------

they are trying to prevent us from getting items ahead of time that is why the asian account had no halloween gift bags, then they tried to correct it and it was already the next day so it really jammed the programs. not to mention the fact that they obviously don't go by the same calendar that the rest of us go by. just like kinzcash and kinztime !
So unless their Super Computer can stop the rotation of the earth, the days and time will always be different & to make it 'fair' unfortunately they will have to make all the time zones the same so people in japan will be palying thru their night et... or leave it the way it was before when it did work (NOVEMBER of 2007)

Responding to underlined part:

I am not sure what you are talking about. My Asain accts and many other sreported that they recieved their Halloween treat bags Oct. 30th. Some even got more than one on Oct 30th.

Last edited by bromsisa; 12-15-2008 at 02:03 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-15-2008, 07:31 PM   #19

gabbyfl is an unknown quantity at this point

View Post Originally Posted by Webberlily
I agree I was ok with them going in sync other then i just put a new pet on my asian account. But the fact that it seems we will only get one rare per day on the accounts now *****!!!! I am disappointed for that reason.............

---------- gabbyfl added 3 Minutes and 19 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by d8471
I feel like most of the folks on here! I got an Asian account for one specific reason and that was to get a different rare! I set my cell phone alarm,it's not half as loud and dh sleeps right through it,lol!
LOL My daughter does the samething I love my webkinz but I am not getting up in the middle of the night LOL

Last edited by gabbyfl; 12-15-2008 at 07:31 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
gabbyfl is offline Female
Old 12-15-2008, 08:30 PM   #20
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

YEAH GANZ! Job well done!
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: