Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   Creative Director Responds to Gobbler/Golden Turkey Questions *UPDATE* (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/creative-director-responds-gobbler-golden-turkey-664128/)

Justin11-12-2010 04:51 PM

Creative Director Responds to Gobbler/Golden Turkey Questions *UPDATE*

A new front page story has been added:

Creative Director Responds to Gobbler/Golden Turkey Questions *UPDATE*

Originally Submitted by Justin on Fri, 11/12/2010 - 3:40pm, Eastern Time.

When the Golden Turkey debuted at the Ganz eStore this past Wednesday, many players noticed that it had the exact same Pet Specific Item and Pet Special Food as the plush Gobbler Turkey. It was assumed by most that this was a glitch that would be corrected once the programmers realized what had happened.

As we have now confirmed with the Creative Director, this is not a glitch. Here is the exclusive statement he sent to Webkinz Insider:

"The Golden Turkey and Gobbler Turkey do have the same PSI/PSF. This is the first time that we’ve done this."

To learn more about the Pet Specific Items and Special Foods for all the Webkinz, please click HERE.

UPDATE: We've received an update from the Creative Director in regards to the identical PSIs and he has proposed a possible solution. I'll fill you all in on the details once I have everything set up!

barbie196011-12-2010 04:55 PM

Re: Creative Director Responds to Gobbler/Golden Turkey Questions

:):):)Thanks for the info.Everyone have a great day and God bless.:bp::bd::eagle::el::fg::hima:

momtotaryn11-12-2010 04:55 PM

Well, I guess this will be the very first eStore pet that I won't purchase. If the Golden Turkey had a different PSI, I would have bought it for sure.

Jackal11-12-2010 04:59 PM

There is sort of a precedent. Those Easter chicks all had identical PSIs except for the colour, and the PSFs were basically the same exact food in different bowls with the candy corn arranged in the bowls in different ways.

Would've been nice if we'd had a heads-up about that, though, before people shelled out money for the Golden Turkey pet.

SnowCrystal11-12-2010 04:59 PM

I was going to buy the golden turkey, but now I might not. I wish they would have re-colored the tablecloth or something. It is still a nice pet.

b1uski3sxox11-12-2010 04:59 PM

Hmm. Well, I like the Golden Turkey and the Gobbler Turkey equally, and will probably be asking for both for Christmas (the Golden Turkey as an early present, though, because I think it may be just a Thanksgiving thing :D ), sooooo I suppose I'll have 2 of the PSIs. :2funny: Make a reaaaally big dining room... yeah, with lots of Fall Fest prizes! ^.^

Billy192011-12-2010 05:00 PM

I agree with you, momtotaryn, I would have bought the Turkey if it had a different pet item.
I do like the color of the estore turkey. They could have done better with the pet item.

Denimbutterfly11-12-2010 05:00 PM

I think Ganz is trying to figure out if people will still buy it/ test how much the psi really effects the sales. Personally, I think it is a good strategic move to figure out the desires of the webkinz fans. It will be interesting for them to see if people will buy both the estore and the gobbler turkeys. Time will tell...

teaandpizza11-12-2010 05:01 PM

Aww... that's kind of lame.

Honeyz Web11-12-2010 05:01 PM

I love the pet but I already have the table. I never use it and bassicly it's worless to me.