Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 11:11 PM   #121
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

Default Re: Communal Contest for May 22nd and 23rd

I had played about a dozen games on Saturday and thought we had a good start towards the goal.

But, when I looked this afternoon, the chance of reaching the 120 million mark seemed in doubt.

I am pretty good at this game and played almost steady for the last 5 hours -- averaging about 3600 per game.

Must have played around 40 times total -- so that's over 140,000 points. But it wasn't enough.

Very disappointed to see that we fell just a little bit short of the goal.

BERT_X is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-2010, 11:17 PM   #122
Webkinz :)

Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master
Bloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum masterBloo's Pal is a forum master

It was so frustrating to be so close and not get there. At one point my hand was so sweaty it was slipping off the mouse! But I did finally reach a high score of 1211. I couldn't get beyond level 5, and at that level I kept hearing something bang into my moon, but I could never see what was hitting it! Nothing seemed close enough. So I kept blindly shooting with no idea what was attacking.It was fun to improve my score, but the game would have been more fun If I actually knew what was happening . (And, of course, if we had reached the goal.)
Bloo's Pal is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:22 PM   #123
Gift Trainee

magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!

Wow, SO close! If we just had a few more minutes! I don't like the game at all and am not very good at it, but I tried. Thanks to all who tried to make it happen!

Last edited by magicw; 05-23-2010 at 11:24 PM..
magicw is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:25 PM   #124
95 wacky Records!
Gifted

dolphin95 swims in greatness
dolphin95 swims in greatness

View Post Originally Posted by BERT_X
I had played about a dozen games on Saturday and thought we had a good start towards the goal.

But, when I looked this afternoon, the chance of reaching the 120 million mark seemed in doubt.

I am pretty good at this game and played almost steady for the last 5 hours -- averaging about 3600 per game.

Must have played around 40 times total -- so that's over 140,000 points. But it wasn't enough.

Very disappointed to see that we fell just a little bit short of the goal.

You are pretty good at this game. My high score for the weekend was 2355, and believe me that was an improvement over the high score I had when I practiced this game on Friday. Wish we could have one this challenge, but at least we all earned lots of KC working toward the goal.

Congrats for sending all those Webkinz through KA. I'm still completing my first round on all of them. I've completed Cooking, Style, Strength, and Creativity (as of today ) classes for one pet each. Still working on the rest.
dolphin95 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:34 PM   #125
SwimmerGirl is on a distinguished road

Looks like we just fell a little short - awesome effort by everyone, though! I think a lot of people gave up near the end (or just had to go to bed). I've been playing since about 9:30 p.m., and the needle seemed to nearly stop right after 11 p.m. It's really a bummer since this is the first time in a while that people seemed excited about the prize.

This was probably one of the harder challenges to complete just based on the numbers needed to win. If you figure that each 10% mark on that line was equal to 12,000,000 points, and most people seemed to be averaging around 2,000 points per game, that means we needed to be playing at least 6,000 games for every 10% - wow! That's about what we needed in the last hour of playtime tonight, and I doubt that we had nearly enough players still trying to reach the goal (I probably only finished about 12 or 13 games in that hour even though I played nonstop). Sorry about the math this late at night - I needed something to think about while I was playing a game that I honestly can't stand... :-)

I do like the idea of Ganz letting everyone know how many people participated and how close we were to winning (although it would be pretty frustrating to see that we probably got up to 97% or so tonight - aarrgghh!). At least they changed the contest so you have to actually play to win the prize - no slackers here! Too bad the prizes this week are less than exceptional again - the best one is the Espresso Yourself Station for 1275KC, but they're all W-Shop products as usual.

Anyway, great try everyone - now let's go rest our overworked hands before we all end up with carpal tunnel syndrome!!
SwimmerGirl is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:44 PM   #126
Web Records!

WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master
WebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum masterWebCats139 is a forum master

I wish I'd known earlier about 'totallyaddicted' 's hint to just hold down the left button. I kept having to take breaks 'cuz my finger and forearm muscles were getting so sore. I only saw that helpful info in the last 20 minutes or so! After that it went sooo much better and I was finally able to break through the 5th level. But too late for our goal
WebCats139 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:48 PM   #127
Do, or Do Not.

Stayontarget has a spectacular aura about

I wish I could have helped. I was really busy this weekend.
Stayontarget is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 11:50 PM   #128
GemaL oves Wacky!

GemaL is a name known to allGemaL is a name known to allGemaL is a name known to all

Donation Award 

Well, that's too bad! Soooooooo close.

I've learned, tho, that the nicest thing (for me, anyway) is that the Communal Challenge directs me to try games I haven't experienced before, such as this one. Granted, it'll be a while before I play it again, but it adds a game to the repertoire that I hadn't previously considered.

This week I started wondering if the game selected by Ganz has any correlation to the prize that won the vote. For instance, the galactic window is the prize so they gave us a space oriented game to play. Has anyone noticed this before, or is it just a coincidence?
GemaL is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:24 AM   #129

mjsiowa is just really nicemjsiowa is just really nice

Donation Level 3 

Well I am bummed but hey I did earn a ton of Kinz cash trying!

And I didn't see the post about holding down the mouse button until just now! Wow that would have really helped
. A new game is now in my playing ability! Yea!

I began playing Dex and the Lunar Lugbotz Friday, it just wasn't my thing and yet by late Saturday my scores were really improving I was reaching Level 7 with ease and then Sunday I was able to go to Level 8 and whenever I reached 9 it was over super fast!

At least we all tried and that is the important thing.

We can not win all of the challenges yet it sure is fun trying to make it for those who young and can only play a little, it is the spirit of trying as a group that is important.

I am glad we all tried. Next weekend I will be ready!
mjsiowa is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 12:40 AM   #130
bc2
bc2 has disabled reputation

It was the series finale event of Lost tonight, so I missed out on playing for all those hours (from 7-11:30). I went right back to playing after it went off though and I saw that needle moving but we just ran out of time. Another half hour would be been enough time to get there, too bad, I really wanted that screen.
bc2 is offline Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: