Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-10-2010, 08:44 PM   #41
Webkinz :)

kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl
kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl

Donation Award 
Default Re: Communal Contest for July 10th & July 11th

View Post Originally Posted by nuttienetz
I think alot of people have given up on the contest. I agree the goals that are set are way too high for summer weekends. I have played all day and the goal looks impossible to meet.
I also agree. It's been raining here to-day and I have played the game so much my eyes are blurry. I have gotten over 300,000 points, which compared to the goal, is like comparing 1 penny to $1,000,000. They have to take into consideration the other events they schedule, like the click for trees and the fact that it is summer and people do not want to have to sit behind a computer for hours. I don't think after this weekend, I will participate, until the fall. I feel like we are almost set up to fail. I think Ganz, like in so many other ways, does not understand it's users.
kirtoglou is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-2010, 12:35 PM   #42
twinklestar will become famous soon enough

wow @ zeros. I've played a dozen times on several accounts and only voted once pre contest un effort to try and keep goals realistic. Some adjustment needs to be made re summer weekends/unatainable goals
twinklestar is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:53 PM   #43

saramae3 has disabled reputation

I totally agree... I had a yard sale so I sat with the lap top and played a lot yesterday. I'm amazed at how high the goals are for a summer. Do Fridays count? Maybe they should make the goal for the whole week in the summer time?
saramae3 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 09:52 PM   #44

triggerfish61 is on a distinguished road

The programmers at Gantz do realize this is for kids right? my six year old likes that game but cannot score very high. I think the scores have been astronomically way too high for kids to play. Yes adults play too but give the kids a fighting chance at least. It is disappointing to fail week after week because of unrealistic goals, also I'm sure many people are away it is the summer time.
triggerfish61 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:11 PM   #45
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

I think with the click to win trees people are not doing the communal contest
mimzysmom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:13 PM   #46
SmilesRContagious
Wiki SysOp

canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness
canonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicnesscanonymous is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by mimzysmom
I think with the click to win trees people are not doing the communal contest
Me too.

I also think the Communal Game should be the Game of the Day for the Weekend!
canonymous is offline Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:36 PM   #47

kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl
kirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owlkirtoglou is a wise owl

Donation Award 

I just e-mailed Ganz the following. They need to get there act together. That KIDS were playing these games and they need to set more realistic goals. I told them, as an adult, I realized, failure was a part of life, but not week after week. This is discouraging to kids, and would make them not even want to try. They won't have anybody playing the CC if they don't lower there expectations. I told them this is supposed to fun, the concept was great, but it wasn't worth the time and effort anymore to see the disappointment on there faces. Hope it helps.
kirtoglou is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:59 PM   #48
ishes for Webkinz
Gift Guru

mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence
mimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellencemimzysmom is the epitome of excellence

View Post Originally Posted by canonymous
Me too.

I also think the Communal Game should be the Game of the Day for the Weekend!
I agree.
View Post Originally Posted by kirtoglou
I just e-mailed Ganz the following. They need to get there act together. That KIDS were playing these games and they need to set more realistic goals. I told them, as an adult, I realized, failure was a part of life, but not week after week. This is discouraging to kids, and would make them not even want to try. They won't have anybody playing the CC if they don't lower there expectations. I told them this is supposed to fun, the concept was great, but it wasn't worth the time and effort anymore to see the disappointment on there faces. Hope it helps.
I hope so too. My kids don't want to play the challenge any more.
mimzysmom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #49

Phoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud of

I try to help out on the challenges for the kids, not because the prizes are neat, because they aren't any longer. The prizes this week aren't even that expensive, yet they set impossible goals. I earn far more in KinzCash playing in the contest than it costs to buy the item, but I know for lots of kids it's important. Unfortunately I was at a wedding all day Saturday and had things to do yesterday and didn't get to participate as much as I typically do, but I agree, Ganz needs to rethink this.
Phoebe's Mom is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 07:22 AM   #50
Diabetes Awareness!
Gift Guru

CherylSeptember is not just visiting!CherylSeptember is not just visiting!CherylSeptember is not just visiting!CherylSeptember is not just visiting!CherylSeptember is not just visiting!CherylSeptember is not just visiting!CherylSeptember is not just visiting!CherylSeptember is not just visiting!CherylSeptember is not just visiting!CherylSeptember is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by kirtoglou
Obviously it shouldn't be a "gimme", because what's the fun in trying to get to something simple? But, you're right, it shouldn't be galactically unattainable. Also, and I know others hav said this, they should make adjustments for holiday weekends and other weekends when they have click to win contests on Webkinznewz, etc.
CherylSeptember is offline Female Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: