Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2010, 04:52 PM   #81
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: The Communal Contest Has Started -- Post Your High Scores!

Just do your best & have fun Click the image to open in full size.
mom w charm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2010, 05:09 PM   #82
I'm Ninja :)
Webkinz :)

webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!webkinzgirl520 is the cats pajamas!

that is a CRAZY number!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i am not going to get that amount of points IN MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow 6 billion om
webkinzgirl520 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:11 PM   #83
Gifted

RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!

The counter can't possibly be keeping up. Has anyone added up the scores of the players here?

I'm very upset that WI says "arcade only" on the hints from Ganz. That was not posted on WW. If I didn't see it here, I would've played in the tourn area for a chance to win more.
RiddleMeThis is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:14 PM   #84
Unregistered

I completely agree. The prize is not worth the effort it will take to get there. I, personally, do not like Goober's Lab. However, I played for about two hours today to try to help the cause. In those two hours, I could have played games I enjoyed and made the $500 prize plus some (even accounting for the kinzcash I earned in playing Goober's Lab). I don't mind doing a little bit more to help others who might not be so good at the game, but this goal seems outrageous. I would be curious to see what they expected the average contribution per person to be.

I am also concerned with having an even higher bar set for next time. I would have no problem with the contest being a real challenge, so long as the prize was worth it and the challenge wasn't unreasonable. Expecting people to spend 20 hours on the computer in a single weekend is ridiculous.
Old 02-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #85

josie2 will become famous soon enough

I clicked the communal contest link but cannot get to the word enter - my dock blocks it - has anyone encountered this problem and is there a way to get to the enter word - Just in case I was automatically entered since I did vote for the prize I went ahead and played Goobers Lab in arcade as was mentioned on WI front page and again on this from you but I am not sure if my approx 8800 score even recorded. HELP. Josie2
josie2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:27 PM   #86
Super Collector
Gift Guru

jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy
jagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joyjagular is an abundance of joy

Donation Level 2 

View Post Originally Posted by josie2
I clicked the communal contest link but cannot get to the word enter - my dock blocks it - has anyone encountered this problem and is there a way to get to the enter word - Just in case I was automatically entered since I did vote for the prize I went ahead and played Goobers Lab in arcade as was mentioned on WI front page and again on this from you but I am not sure if my approx 8800 score even recorded. HELP. Josie2
if you are entered you will see this and not the sign in screen. it tells you whether you are entered or not

Click the image to open in full size.
jagular is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:29 PM   #87
Gifted

RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!

My high so far today - bringing my total to something like 58,000. Since kinztime is accurate for me, I'll probably be back after dinner to try again.
Attached Images
File Type: jpgGoober4.jpg (90.9 KB, 4 views)
RiddleMeThis is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:30 PM   #88

DreamLoveLearn will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by RiddleMeThis
I'm very upset that WI says "arcade only" on the hints from Ganz. That was not posted on WW. If I didn't see it here, I would've played in the tourn area for a chance to win more.
I agree. I played eight or so games in the tournament arena before I read that on here. They should have specified that factor when they indicated what the challenge was.

:chi:
DreamLoveLearn is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:36 PM   #89

josie2 will become famous soon enough

I appreciate the quick reply - on my communal contest page I only see down to and including the score barometer - I cannot see the you are entered - I will continue to play and hope my score adds to everyone else's - I usually do good - in the past I won a trophy for goobers lab and love the game and think its fun with it being a group game - maybe Ganz will figure out a way to have it say Your score has been added to the contest -- that way we will know we are contributing and it has registered. Again thanks, and if you know any way I can get by dock to move to show the You are entered statement I'd appreciate the advice. josie2
josie2 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:39 PM   #90
Gifted

batty42 rocks our collective socksbatty42 rocks our collective socksbatty42 rocks our collective socksbatty42 rocks our collective socksbatty42 rocks our collective socksbatty42 rocks our collective socksbatty42 rocks our collective socksbatty42 rocks our collective socksbatty42 rocks our collective socks

View Post Originally Posted by Mom2Alex
Here's my thoughts on what happened and why the bar was set so high. Ganz puts out the option for everyone who enters to be eligible for the prize. So everyone went ahead and signed up for it even if they had no intention to play. By doing so now the goal rest on the shoulders of the people who signed up with the intent to help reach the goal, not just get the prize.

With that said, I think from here on out I think Ganz needs to make it a contest where you must compete to a certain level before you can even pick a prize. That way only the people who are serious about entering are counted towards the goal. Lets say you have to compete to 100,000 points, then you can vote for a prize. Then instead of voting for the prize the week before, you actually pick the prize after the contest has started and you are qualified. They could tell us ahead of time what the prize choices are, but no voting till you qualify. Then they could make the goal 2 times the amount to qualify.

At this point in time I see no possible way that we are going to reach the goal. We have not even reached the first bar on the meter and should be at almost a 1/4 of it by now. Also I think having multiple accounts and entering on all of them might have hurt us too. Even though I am playing a ton of games, how many more points did we add to the goal by entering with multiple accounts. Lets say we do reach the goal just barely, but I played the game for 12 hours to help make that happen. Does that mean next week I will have to play a game for 14 hours, because they set the bar higher. I almost think that we need to just fail by a landslide to send a message to Ganz that they need to change the way this contest works. Is playing one game for 8 hours to win 500kc worth it? I think not. Just my opinion, but I think the prizes need to be a lot better from here on out or I foresee this being the worst idea Ganz has introduced into WW ever.

Just my thoughts. Tell me what you think.
while i agree that ganz has set the bar too high for this contest i don't like the idea of forcing people to qualify to participate. one of the things i really like a bout the communal contest is that everyone can join, regardless of skill level. sure, it's unfair when people join and don't do their part, but it's better than excluding people. some people just aren't any good at goobers lab but as long as they try i'm okay with it, i wouldn't want to force them to achieve a certain score before they can be part of the group.
batty42 is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
wolfyclub wuz here

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: