Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 08-03-2009, 11:17 AM   #201
I'm emailing a
Webkinz :)

wind is on a distinguished road

Default Re: Colossal Movie Screen Rare debuts at the Curio Shop

View Post Originally Posted by geemah37
When is the large theater screen coming to the curio shop for the regular accounts. After all why are the leaving us out in the cold.Everything going to the deluxe is not fair. We need some excitment in our webkinzs world too
I know, they just want everyone to get deluxe, just to get money, and keep on adding more and more futers just for deluxe, just wanting ever member in Webkinz World to get deluxe. Even though I'm deluxe, I still think that stuff, and feel really bad for non-deluxe members.
wind is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-03-2009, 11:25 AM   #202
Glad to be a
Gift Guru

Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider
Serena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insiderSerena loves being a insider

WI Subscriber
Donation Award 

I like your story, mayapal, about your young friend. I'm also disiturbed at the 'gotta have it now mentality', but then we grew up under very different circumstances. You made the point very well. I do see the point of those who resent Deluxe, but then life is about choices, and this is just one more we make.
That being said, I did save up to get the screen, and have been working on a drive-in concept for it. My room still needs tweaking, but here's a pic of it so far. There is a play area for kids up front which reminds me of the drive-in we took our own kids to when they were young. Of course the trampoline will be closed down once the movie begins so they won't be bouncing in front of the screen. I am among those who hope that Ganz can program more into this item, since it is SO expensive... maybe rotate movies if putting more in is too unwieldy??
I hope that everyone who wants it has a chance to buy the screen soon. In the meantime, maybe this will give someone ideas if they don't want to go the movie theater route. If I did it right, you will be able to click on the image to make it a size you can see well. I need to find out how to make this picture stuff work better...
Serena
Attached Images
File Type: jpgDrive-in Movie01.jpg (68.2 KB, 24 views)
Serena is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 12:54 PM   #203
Kenzielemur has a brilliant futureKenzielemur has a brilliant futureKenzielemur has a brilliant futureKenzielemur has a brilliant futureKenzielemur has a brilliant future

I understand that it should be available for the deluxe first, they pay $$$ for their accounts, I am not delux, and got the screen through adopting a pet. It will be available for everyone else soon. So dont get your undies in a bunch.
Kenzielemur is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #204

Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!Lefty21 is not just visiting!

We pay $ for our accounts, too! Even though we are not Deluxe. I think it would be just as easy for GAnz to just offer it to EVERYONE!!
(btw, I like your avvie, Kenzielemur!)
Lefty21 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 03:29 PM   #205
Unregistered

Thumbs down Re: Colossal Movie Screen Rare debuts at the Curio Shop

I as a webkinz owner dose not beleave it is fair that the movie screan is onley for delux members onley. i will no longer by webkinz. to me it is a rip of. you have all the people go out and by $15.00 to activte a webkinz. then your having us have to pay for a member ship! what is that abought! thiwhol thing is a rip off!
Old 08-04-2009, 11:32 PM   #206

Mitzi900 is an unknown quantity at this point

Cool. I'm not very excited about rare items, because I never have enough money to buy them! When I do get my hands on one of them, I usually sell it for tons of cash, or I trade it in the trading room for kinzstyle clothing.I LOVE kinzstyle clothing!
Mitzi900 is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 07:56 AM   #207
ild about this place
Gift Guru

DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!

I missed it!! We went away for the weekend and the Wi-Fi at our location was temporarily down (due to a lightning strike, just my luck!) so we missed it!! !I hope Arte offers it again really soon!
DAYCAREMOM24 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 06:42 PM   #208
Triton is on a distinguished road

Well it has been almost 2 weeks and still no movie screen for us poor lowly regular account owners. I totally understand that deluxe pays for extras and all that stuff but give me a break. Regular account owners is what started Webkinz. I still say that this is supposed to be a kids game and deluxe accounts should never have been invented.

Come on Ganz lets get this movie screen to everyone. My kids spent at least 3 months saving Kinzcash for it and still haven't even had the opportunity to purchase it. Now to make matters worse they started school today so now if it is offered during the day they are going to feel even worse than they already feel.
Triton is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:06 AM   #209
Gifted

RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!RiddleMeThis is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by mayapal
There is a larger theme running here that I see that saddens me, being a member of the gray haired generation who grew up with the notion of delayed gratification, and that theme is "if I don't have it first", it somehow lessens the value of the sought after item. Or somehow, that the person is got it first is "greater" or "better" and everyone else who has to wait is "lesser".(That's scary thinking,and what drives so much of the consumerism in third world countries) The "gotta have it first, gotta have it now" or it isn't as good, makes me shudder. (Of course, it is super for people who sell Magical Retriever/Mystical Panda cards on ebay for hundreds of dollars to those folks who "have to have it now") If I were a betting person, I would wager huge sums of money that the movie screen will be offered at some point, and relatively soon, to regular members, just as a lot of the e-store items are first offered to deluxe members. And that movie screen will be every bit as good as the ones people bought today. I just think of all the "had to have toys" that parents went crazy over spending huge sums of money or running all over town to buy that now sell for peanuts in thrift stores. I figure in a few weeks, the movie screen will be the same way. How many times can you watch one soundless movie?

Did I buy one today? No, but I did get one and it absolutely tickled me pink. I have a friend much younger than I, whose SOLE goal in Webkinz World is to make KinzCash and he hoards his KC better than Scrooge McDuck. But, he is also reaching the stage in his life where he is starting to think about other people and doing special things for them. So, he spent all that KC and sent me a movie screen. Knowing how important it is for him to reach his WW "financial goals" is and knowing he spent so much to send me the screen made me feel incredibly special.
What a nice post. I am not part of the gray-haired generation, but my mother is. Needless to say, I grew up learning the "delayed gratification" lesson many times over. Even waiting till Christmas to get the nicer sneakers that most kids got for back-to-school. Seeing fist-fights over everything from Furbys (most readers here aren't even going to remember those - which is the point) to Tickle Me Elmos, to whatever the lastest fallen-by-the-wayside fad was, just sickens me. The hype is worth more than the toy itself, and greedy sellers are well aware of this. My children are also learning that if they want it, they can wait for a birthday. Or better yet, chores! (Sorry to the kids who now hate me here).

The story of your friend buying it was very sweet. Nothing like seeing a life-lesson learned.

Anyway, I am disappointed that the screen is not for everyone. I understand that deluxe paid more for their kinz, and therefore deserve a little more. But they should've specified that on the front page instead of letting everyone believe it would be available.
RiddleMeThis is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 12:41 PM   #210
algorithm

I got the movie screen at the trading room yesterday. It looks cool but I was a bit disappointed. For something that costs 40,000 kinzcash they could at least give you a longer video with sound.

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, icanhazcheezburger?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: