Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.67 average. Display Modes
Old 08-01-2009, 07:04 AM   #181
hy did my kids get
Webkinz :)

Black Jax is a name known to allBlack Jax is a name known to allBlack Jax is a name known to all

Default Re: Colossal Movie Screen Rare debuts at the Curio Shop

[QUOTE=TexasAnne;15786222]I finally found (and am hanging onto) an 80% coupon for the sole purpose of buying the colossal movie screen.QUOTE]

Unfortuantely that coupon will never work on the movie screen - it is a rare item and those are only sold in the Curio Shop... Arte, in his infinate cheapness, does not take coupons.

He does, however, have sales. Some folks might get lucky and pay less than those who bought yesterday (even 10% off is 4000 KC!!!)...
Black Jax is offline Male Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2009, 07:42 AM   #182
310webkinz

310webkinz is a splendid one to behold310webkinz is a splendid one to behold310webkinz is a splendid one to behold310webkinz is a splendid one to behold

Exclamation Re: Colossal Movie Screen Rare debuts at the Curio Shop

Oh my gosh! I want that SO bad! I'm not Deluxe, so I may have to wait a while before its available to me. I have 47,600 KC that NEEDS to be spent!

Gotta have it!!! Ahhh!

~~31webkinz~~
310webkinz is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 07:43 AM   #183
Catsinparadise
Gifted

catsinparadise has a reputation beyond reputecatsinparadise has a reputation beyond reputecatsinparadise has a reputation beyond reputecatsinparadise has a reputation beyond reputecatsinparadise has a reputation beyond reputecatsinparadise has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Black Jax;15786531]
View Post Originally Posted by TexasAnne
I finally found (and am hanging onto) an 80% coupon for the sole purpose of buying the colossal movie screen.QUOTE]

Unfortuantely that coupon will never work on the movie screen - it is a rare item and those are only sold in the Curio Shop... Arte, in his infinate cheapness, does not take coupons.

He does, however, have sales. Some folks might get lucky and pay less than those who bought yesterday (even 10% off is 4000 KC!!!)...
I know Arte has sales all the time, but I didn't think the rares went on sale. That would be great if it did. I bought my big screen and I think I am with the majority that think it's dissapointing that there is no sound. It sure does look great on the wall. I bought it becasue it's not real money. If it were an e-store item, I would not have.

For those who haven't got a deluxe membership, HANG IN THERE, it will be available soon, as everything comes around again, and again, and again. Maybe they will have added sound when it is available again.
catsinparadise is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:32 AM   #184
Falling for

GrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud ofGrandBlancGirls has much to be proud of

I purchased the movie screen and it does look really good in the movie theatre room. The only disappointment is that the movie it comes with doesn't have any sound! I wonder if this is a glitch and there will be sound added later or what. The movie it comes with is a Dex Dangerous movie which is only about one minute long. (I still wish they would let us view those cute "pet of the month" videos on our movie screens.) I also wonder if they will be selling or "renting" movies for our pets to purchase for their home theaters.
GrandBlancGirls is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 08:52 AM   #185
Unregistered

Question Re: Colossal Movie Screen Rare debuts at the Curio Shop

how did you get that
Old 08-01-2009, 10:01 AM   #186
Back in School!

JuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond reputeJuniperBerry has a reputation beyond repute

There were comments upthread that by offering the screen to the deluxe members first that it was taking away something from the regular members, unlike other deluxe benefits. I disagree with that idea. The deluxe rare is an extra rare, there was another rare yesterday (as is most days) for regular members (I haven't been paying close enough attention to see if Arte still has his "No rare" days). Had they changed the curio to offer rares to only deluxe members, then yes, that would be taking something away.

View Post Originally Posted by mayapal
There is a larger theme running here that I see that saddens me, being a member of the gray haired generation who grew up with the notion of delayed gratification, and that theme is "if I don't have it first", it somehow lessens the value of the sought after item. Or somehow, that the person is got it first is "greater" or "better" and everyone else who has to wait is "lesser".(That's scary thinking,and what drives so much of the consumerism in third world countries) The "gotta have it first, gotta have it now" or it isn't as good, makes me shudder. (Of course, it is super for people who sell Magical Retriever/Mystical Panda cards on ebay for hundreds of dollars to those folks who "have to have it now") If I were a betting person, I would wager huge sums of money that the movie screen will be offered at some point, and relatively soon, to regular members, just as a lot of the e-store items are first offered to deluxe members. And that movie screen will be every bit as good as the ones people bought today. I just think of all the "had to have toys" that parents went crazy over spending huge sums of money or running all over town to buy that now sell for peanuts in thrift stores. I figure in a few weeks, the movie screen will be the same way. How many times can you watch one soundless movie?
Quoting this whole passage because I just think this is so beautifully said. Thank you, mayapal for posting.

Quote:
Did I buy one today? No, but I did get one and it absolutely tickled me pink. I have a friend much younger than I, whose SOLE goal in Webkinz World is to make KinzCash and he hoards his KC better than Scrooge McDuck. But, he is also reaching the stage in his life where he is starting to think about other people and doing special things for them. So, he spent all that KC and sent me a movie screen. Knowing how important it is for him to reach his WW "financial goals" is and knowing he spent so much to send me the screen made me feel incredibly special.
Oh, what a lovely story, thanks for sharing.
JuniperBerry is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:05 AM   #187

cfent57 will become famous soon enough

I got mine and love it but do wish it was longer movie and sound to it
cfent57 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #188
boatchick

boatchick has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by mayapal
There is a larger theme running here that I see that saddens me, being a member of the gray haired generation who grew up with the notion of delayed gratification, and that theme is "if I don't have it first", it somehow lessens the value of the sought after item. Or somehow, that the person is got it first is "greater" or "better" and everyone else who has to wait is "lesser".(That's scary thinking,and what drives so much of the consumerism in third world countries) The "gotta have it first, gotta have it now" or it isn't as good, makes me shudder.
Thank you, mayapal. I really do agree with what you said and how eloquently you said it.

I am really looking forward to making a movie room. And it will be a fun, nice-looking, well-designed room even though i am not a deluxe member and did not get the screen at exactly 8PM kinztime on the first day it was ever available. Just the fact that it was available on a wide scale (not just a handful of really lucky people getting it as an adoption gift) means that the Colossal Movie Screen is finally here after all that waiting since it was announced in May! I will be very happy when i get it, even if the movie isn't all that great, because it will be a fun room to design and put my pets into. I'm excited about it, whenever it happens.

But honestly, if i missed it because i was late logging in or didn't check that day to see if it was available? THEN i'd be upset, because it would be all my own fault!
boatchick is offline Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 10:41 AM   #189
Sar240

OsOsweet will become famous soon enough

Thumbs down Re: Colossal Movie Screen Rare debuts at the Curio Shop

ok, don't tell me. i'm gonna guess it's only gonna be avaliable for deluxe accounts for a while...
OsOsweet is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #190

Action Girl is a jewel in the roughAction Girl is a jewel in the rough

Yet another savage marketing technique by Ganz. Oh wait, I meant to say "Savy" marketing. Yes, I'm sure that's what I meant.

Seriously I've spent what seems to be quite a bit of my entertainment dollars on Ganz. I'm a little disappointed that Ganz has segmented the site to the point that you have to spend lots of dollars in many different areas to gain access to the full experience.
Action Girl is offline Reply With Quote

Tags
all hail mr. burrito, icanhazcheezburger?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: