Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   CLUBHOUSE TRADING: The Slippamarink Scam (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/clubhouse-trading-slippamarink-scam-451690/)

FIA01-06-2009 01:45 AM

CLUBHOUSE TRADING: The Slippamarink Scam

Written by FIA
Tuesday, 06 January 2009

Since running a story on Clubhouse Trade Room scams a few days ago, our forum has been flooded by stories from our members of how they were ripped off by bad traders. All of the stories have one thing in common: the members didn't know what they were trading for. In nearly all of the cases, the other trader lied about what the item was. For example, the item pictured below has been called many things in the Trade Room: a "Superbed", a "Rare Food", an "Ice Skating Rink", a "Skating Game", and more. If someone offered this to you in the Trade Room, would you trade for it? Hopefully not!

The name of this item is Slippamarink Sandwich. It is a food that can be made on a Sandwich Maker using a Bagle, Ice Cream, and Ice Pop. It is not a bed, it is not rare, you can't skate on it, you can't play a game with it, and it is NOT valuable. However, because of it's appearance, and the fact that the item names no longer show up on the Trade Table, it is frequently used in scams. This is just one of the many scams you need to keep an eye out for in the Webkinz World Trade Rooms. Remember, if you don't know what an item is, don't trade for it.

loach16001-06-2009 01:56 AM

Re: CLUBHOUSE TRADING: The Slippamarink Scam

so, the trade tables used to show the names but they don't now? how crazy is that?

miss spots01-06-2009 07:33 AM

well, i very seldom go into the trading room anymore.
this is great info for everone to remember.
thanks fia.

kinzcrazy01-06-2009 08:22 AM

Thanks for the warning again!

gabbyz201-06-2009 08:25 AM

Too bad the trading tables don't show the name of the item anymore. Then their wouldn't be any scamming going on. Thanks for the warning!

Arwin01-06-2009 08:44 AM

Anyone know what the logic was for no longer showing the name of the item?

01-06-2009 05:54 PM

Thanks even though some one already scammed me and I lost an exclusive bed *cry*

and I would report them but I do not know there username :'(

amusedkitten01-07-2009 11:51 AM

that is the same item i was tricked into trading for....was told ait was a bed...

comicking01-07-2009 06:13 PM

someone tried that on me well think again it did not work
ugg i hate scammers:wallbash:

DYNNNOMITE!01-09-2009 09:14 PM

That slippamarink scam is sooo mean! I can't believe anyone would do anything so low on webkinz!

---------- DYNNNOMITE! added 1 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiss (Post 12384882)
Thanks even though some one already scammed me and I lost an exclusive bed *cry*

and I would report them but I do not know there username :'(

Thats horrible...meanypants!