Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #21
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: CLUBHOUSE TRADING: Avoiding the Scammers

Thanks so much Sparkle and FIA..nothing is greater than knowledge..go well armed!!
TNVOLS is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2009, 10:45 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

sadieroo24 is a glorious beacon of lightsadieroo24 is a glorious beacon of lightsadieroo24 is a glorious beacon of light

Thank you so much for this informative post. I went to the webkinz trading room once, got pounced upon by unsavory types, and have never been back.

I appreciate founders of this website. This site stands for integrity and honesty, and is helpful to all.

I also truly appreciate all the time others put into this site to make it NUMBER ONE!

Thank you again for your post, and your thoughtfulness toward newbies, such as me.

Always, Sadieroo
sadieroo24 is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 11:38 PM   #23
Giganteus4

KingZiph is on a distinguished road

My younger brother got offered a Floridisa as a "rare chair"! We couldn't help a sad kind of laugh though. This is a very disappointing trend, I hope that most people learn that these things aren't what people will say they are.
KingZiph is offline Male
Old 01-04-2009, 12:00 AM   #24
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Thank you so much to Strawberry Jam and Sparkle for their efforts in keeping Webkinz Insiders 'IN THE KNOW.' It is so important to have knowledge in order to foil these petty thieves.
Thank you FIA, for being concerned for the well being of ALL users and users. I LOVE THIS PLACE!
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-04-2009, 12:03 AM   #25
Diabetes Awareness

RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!

Thank you for posting this. I think it will help people make sure it doesn't happen to them. I have had lots of people lie and tell me food items were rare items. I've also had people tell me that w-shop items were rare. I don't remember all of them, but I remember one was the wizard lamps that float. When I told them that was a w-shop item, they said I was mean.

I have also had problems if I wear my Charm Forest Tiara in the trading room. People just keep bugging me about trading it. They get pretty mean when I won't trade it.

I had somebody tell me one time that their parents had both died that day. They kept saying how sad they were and that they were crying. They said that they would feel better if they had some exclusive items. I thought it was a lie, but couldn't be sure at the time. I had other people tell me that they have had the same person tell them that at different times. I didn't really want to believe that somebody would be so low to make up a lie like that just to get exclusive items.
Old 01-04-2009, 08:45 AM   #26
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

i used to go into the trading room, and i even made several trades there. i thought that ganz had put in a nice feature for it's members and it could be if were not for those lousy scammers. ganz needs to get a better grip on that area to make it THE SAFE WAY TO TRADE that they reported it was when it opened.

now i just stay away. i read everyone's posts and i cringe for what i read and my heart goes out to those who got taken.

thanks fia for this info and for the link to the thread by sparkle.
miss spots is offline Female
Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #27

reneemmonkey is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, a couple people have tricked me whie trading. I know most items on WW but not all the PSFs and recipe foods. Someone for me also put up an unknown to me food item and it looked like an item. I thought it was so they made me trade something really cool. So, I did and it ended up being a food. Also, when the new backyard items came out, I didn't know they had and someone had some in the tradeing room. When I traded them they put those items in. And i thouht they were rare and had no idea!! And, so i traded something very speacial for them.
reneemmonkey is offline Female
Old 01-06-2009, 10:20 AM   #28
ild about this place
Gift Guru

DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!DAYCAREMOM24 is not just visiting!

Unfortunately, our young son was a victim of the "Slippamarink Scam" as well. He was lied to and told the food item was "a skating rink" and traded a rare item for it. Thankfully both Mom & Dad can replace the rare from their own Webkinz account(s) (when we could buy more than one rare from Arte. Hint, hint.). It stinks that people are virtually ripping off children per say, on a website which was designed and is based solely for "Entertainment Purposes Only!"

But he won't be fooled again, he is armed with a copy of the phenomenal "Official WI Gift Exchange Value Guide" (Thanks to Fia, the WI Staff & the Gift Gurus for putting it together, it's A GREAT RESOURCE!) at his desktop to flip through when he's uncertain of an item/it's value, etc. in a trading room or he'll run (or yell) for one of us. "What's this, Dad/Mom?" "Is this a fair trade?"

Additionally, our son does not have "Card Blanche" when we go to the store for the newest Webkinz either. He saves his weekly allowance, earns "Webkinz Points" from good grades and accomplishments at school and home, as well. This is also true for the e-Store purchases he makes.

For someone to "scam" a child, is just despicable!
DAYCAREMOM24 is offline Female
Old 01-06-2009, 10:25 AM   #29

CanWeb is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the links to all the tips!!!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 10:43 AM   #30
So this is love
Gift Guru

sydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guidesydney88 is a golden guide

I remember when I was a new member, and I saw the Slippamarink in the Clubhouse. I thought it was a cool skating item, and when I asked what it was, the person told me it was a food. I suppose there is hope yet in Clubhouse honesty

Overall, I think that the Clubhouse is dangerous and risky, even though there are many honest and friendly people in there. Trading on Webkinz Insider's GE is safer and more fun, too. I have had too many experiences with rude and stingy people in the Clubhouse that I don't go there anymore. Even I was the one benefitting from the trade, I would be too worried that there is a kid on the other side who doesn't know what they're doing.
sydney88 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
luv14webkinz agrees!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: