Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 03:18 PM   #11
Webkinz :)

Strawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledgeStrawberry Jam flows towards the sea of knowledge

Default Re: CLUBHOUSE TRADING: Avoiding the Scammers

Thank you for writing this FIA. It is VERY Helpful!
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #12
i know what it is!

chilloutv1 is on a distinguished road

I find it very annoying when people try to convince you that something is worth more than what it really is. I usually wait to see what they put up then put up something of equal value.
chilloutv1 is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 03:45 PM   #13
Oh ya Edward says I'
Gifted

dark_heart is a glorious beacon of lightdark_heart is a glorious beacon of lightdark_heart is a glorious beacon of light

some dog named duke just scammed me of the tiger snakes pet item
Old 01-03-2009, 04:28 PM   #14
Gifted

FOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledgeFOREIGN flows towards the sea of knowledge

Thank you FIA, This was a very helpful thread.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:36 PM   #15
call me maggie

galpalm is a glorious beacon of lightgalpalm is a glorious beacon of light

i got scamed alot awhile ago and lost quit a few exclusives, it makes me sick that people sink that low for a virtual item, seriously get a life you might think im sounding mean but i got ripped off so bad
galpalm is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 05:13 PM   #16
2222r
Gifted

2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!2222r is the cats pajamas!

Some one tried to trade a 10 percent coupon for my super bed!
2222r is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #17
squirt308
Gifted

TessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonderTessaKinz wows us all with wonder

This is very helpful, thanks! I've never been scammed in the clubhouse, and I hope never to be.
TessaKinz is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #18
Gift Guru

peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!peace1430 is headed for the top!

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
Written by FIA
Saturday, 03 January 2009

When it comes to trading Webkinz World items, there are a lot of different opinions on what is and what is not fair. According to Ganz, as stated by Plumpy in her June '08 advice column, "a trade is only fair if both people are happy with the items they're giving and receiving". Here at Webkinz Insider we agree with that statement, as long as both people know what the items are.

Unfortunately, there are some bad people in Webkinz World who like to take advantage of those who may not be very familiar with Webkinz World items. For example, what would you do if you encountered this person in the Trade Room? Hopefully you'd cancel out of the trade and refuse to accept any future offers from them. As most of our members know, that item is not a "rare chair" but, in fact, is a recipe called "Floridisa" that can be made using wShop food.

Click the image to open in full size.

So, the question is, how do you protect yourself against scammers like this? The answer is, if you don't recognize an item being offered, don't trade for it. Since Ganz removed the feature that allowed traders to see the names of the items being offered, that means you have to know what the items are by looking their pictures. Those of you who want help with this can check out WI's Picture Gallery located here: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...e-t107330.html

Webkinz Insider member Strawberry Jam, using some fantastic pictures from WI member Sparkle!, has created "A Guide to Scammers in the Trade Room" that can also be very helpful. You can find her thread here: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...g-t450338.html

I bumped your whole message up FIA

I think that newcomers need to know this information!! It can save them a lot of grief and help them be more informed about trading do's & don'ts.

Thank you
peace1430 is offline Female
Old 01-03-2009, 05:32 PM   #19
Gift Guru

stbernard07 knows the way
stbernard07 knows the way

One time someone tried to convince me that Dogbeards best side table from the pirate theme had a castle bed inside of it. Another time somebody wanted my unicorn tapestry and they said " only if you trust me we can do this". Then they put up an orange and said that "if we trade I will send you a red lava." It has been getting ridiculous in the clubhouse trading room. So I applied to become a gift trainee and it is much more fair and there is no scammers and liars.

Thanks for the information!
stbernard07 is offline Male
Old 01-03-2009, 06:09 PM   #20
Fiveplay has a spectacular aura aboutFiveplay has a spectacular aura about

Thank you for the advice! Somebody tried to scam me before.
Fiveplay is offline Female
Closed

Tags
luv14webkinz agrees!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: