Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #11
Gifted

MamaWolf will become famous soon enough

Default Re: Are charms discontinued?

I hadn't heard they were discontinued... I have all but that rare coin one. I've never seen it in RL.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2007, 08:45 PM   #12
iceprincess6196
Gifted

iceprincesss is on a distinguished road

i have heard this be4 but i was told it was just a rumor i ma not sure maybe i will email ganz
-iceprincessss♥
Old 12-28-2007, 08:59 PM   #13
Clubtierra

View Post Originally Posted by millieroo
This is the million dollar question. None of the stores in my city can get them. Some of them have never gotten any of their orders filled, some have gotten a shipment or two. There have not been charms here since October. Now one of the stores told me that they are not even on the order form anymore. They haven't been given any reason why from their distributor as far as I know. I only have 4 more to get besides the new coin ones.
most stores in my city say they have been waiting 6+ months
Old 12-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #14
tink134567
Gift Guru

stepanek79 is on a distinguished road

I was told by numerous store owners in my area that they stopped shipping them out in October due to the lead paint scare from China. Ganz has had a private company test them and they were all deemed safe but since they had to stop shipping them that there is a huge back order from all of the stores and they just got the go ahead to start shipping them again. So you should start to see them in stores again shortly (a month or two). Also was told be an insider that there was talks of making the charms out of plastic if they couldn't work through the lead paint issue.
Old 12-28-2007, 10:40 PM   #15
Gifted
millieroo is a glorious beacon of lightmillieroo is a glorious beacon of light

View Post Originally Posted by stepanek79
I was told by numerous store owners in my area that they stopped shipping them out in October due to the lead paint scare from China. Ganz has had a private company test them and they were all deemed safe but since they had to stop shipping them that there is a huge back order from all of the stores and they just got the go ahead to start shipping them again. So you should start to see them in stores again shortly (a month or two). Also was told be an insider that there was talks of making the charms out of plastic if they couldn't work through the lead paint issue.
Out of plastic?? That would be really ugly. Why can't they make them in Canada or the US? Thank you for the info.
millieroo is offline Female
Old 12-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #16
lyezbi2459 and
Gift Guru

lyezbi2459 has a spectacular aura about

I know I was told that they are cheking and seeing if they are safe for children
Old 12-28-2007, 10:43 PM   #17
I ♥ Reputation
Webkinz :)

LoveFrog! is an unknown quantity at this point

what is GANZ's phone number?
Old 12-29-2007, 07:40 PM   #18
lyezbi2459 and
Gift Guru

lyezbi2459 has a spectacular aura about

the phone is 1866 932 5469

---------- lyezbi2459 added 1255 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

i hears this info from several stores so all the places in my town took them off the shelf because of danger of lead

Last edited by lyezbi2459; 12-29-2007 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 12-29-2007, 08:55 PM   #19
chucleberrymoo
Gifted

chucleberrymoo is on a distinguished road

I asked a store they said that there would be shipments in 2008 but they are on hold for a while (maybe so they can raise the prices)
Old 12-30-2007, 02:55 AM   #20
toriphilly
Gifted
toriphilly is on a distinguished road

I have checked a few stores and they all say they are on back order. I never heard about the lead thing but that makes sense. I have to call them anyways so I will do that in the morning and ask. They are about 20 mins from my moms house.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: