Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2010, 09:48 PM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default Can't See the Webkinz World Updates? Don't Forget to Clear Your Cache!

A new front page story has been added:

Can't See the Webkinz World Updates? Don't Forget to Clear Your Cache!

Click the image to open in full size.

We are still getting reports in the forum from members having trouble seeing some of the new items that were added to Webkinz World. They can't see the new Kid's Theme in the wShop, they can't see the new Kid's Theme for sale in the Curio Shop (they're getting "undefined" boxes), they couldn't see the new Enchanted Dreams Bed for sale in the Curio Shop (another "undefined" box), and they can't see the Caring Valley Mint Chocolate they get when they click on a floating leaf.

The reason players have this problem is because their internet browsers are holding on to the "old" programing that was in place before the system update. The solution is to clear the internet browser's cache (aka. Temporary Internet Files) which will force the browser to look for the "new" programming. After this is done, all of the changes and the new items should become immediately visible. If you are having problems with your account, give it a shot.

FIA is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-09-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
Spring is here!
Webkinz :)

WishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talentWishAponAStar has lots of talent

Default Re: Can't See the Webkinz World Updates? Don't Forget to Clear Your Cache!

Thanks for reminding us FIA
WishAponAStar is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:09 PM   #3
23021997Gal

WEBKINZBOY2008 has a brilliant futureWEBKINZBOY2008 has a brilliant futureWEBKINZBOY2008 has a brilliant futureWEBKINZBOY2008 has a brilliant futureWEBKINZBOY2008 has a brilliant future

Default Re: Can't See the Webkinz World Updates? Don't Forget to Clear Your Cache!

I just got my first Caring Valley Mint a second ago, and it worked fine - never 'updated my cache' - never had the need to. Thanks anyways for the update!
WEBKINZBOY2008 is offline Male Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:12 PM   #4
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by WEBKINZBOY2008
I just got my first Caring Valley Mint a second ago, and it worked fine - never 'updated my cache' - never had the need to. Thanks anyways for the update!
Most systems update automatically.

Congrats on getting your chocolate.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #5
~2 Days Til ~ Disney
Banned
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness
mom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicnessmom w charm is epic beyond epicness

Thanks for the important reminder, links & info
mom w charm is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #6

Polarbears11122 is a glorious beacon of lightPolarbears11122 is a glorious beacon of lightPolarbears11122 is a glorious beacon of light

I was wondering why the caring valley leaves were flying by! Thanks

I know it has nothing to do with the cache but I didn't see the messages so I needed to clear my cache anyway.
Polarbears11122 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:23 PM   #7
MOKONA <3
Gifted

laurenbay5 has a spectacular aura aboutlaurenbay5 has a spectacular aura about

I bought some of those items in curio shop and after I cleared it, the items still don't show up. And the old kids theme and the christmas theme is avalible on my computer.:bdog::gr:
laurenbay5 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #8
EMH08

i'm unique:) is the cats pajamas!i'm unique:) is the cats pajamas!i'm unique:) is the cats pajamas!i'm unique:) is the cats pajamas!i'm unique:) is the cats pajamas!i'm unique:) is the cats pajamas!

I cleared my cache and guess what? Still none. And I'm worried: It says on the 'temporary files' thing, 'copies of webpages, images, and media that are saved for faster viewing.' Does that mean it's gonna get rid of some of my files on my computer? Becuase if so, I'm gonna be REALLY, REALLY mad. I'm not very computer-knowing so does anybody know why it's still not showing up?
i'm unique:) is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:32 PM   #9
MOKONA <3
Gifted

laurenbay5 has a spectacular aura aboutlaurenbay5 has a spectacular aura about

UPDATE/ After I did this the christmas theme comes up but I can't buy it. The Old kids theme comes up and I am able to buy it. My caring valley leaf and UO don't come I bought another UO to test it charged me but I did not get my item
laurenbay5 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:48 PM   #10
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

View Post Originally Posted by i'm unique:)
I cleared my cache and guess what? Still none. And I'm worried: It says on the 'temporary files' thing, 'copies of webpages, images, and media that are saved for faster viewing.' Does that mean it's gonna get rid of some of my files on my computer? Becuase if so, I'm gonna be REALLY, REALLY mad. I'm not very computer-knowing so does anybody know why it's still not showing up?
It is going to get rid of some of the files on your computer, but you don't need to worry about losing anything. The very next time you log on to the sites that put the files on your computer, you'll get the files back again.

That's what'll happen with Webkinz World. Once you get rid of the old programming (by clearing your cache), your computer will be forced to look for the new programming. That's what'll get the items to show up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: