Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-18-2011, 10:48 PM   #361
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Donating the $10,000

Hey everyone!

Looks like WI pretty much won the contest. After reading someone's post on the thread in the News section, I had an idea: what about WI votes on whether we spend the money on prizes, or if we donate to charity/charities that we choose as a forum? I'm all for donating; there are LOTS more people who need the basics (food, clothing, shelter) than I need a new iPod or $500 Webkinz. I know it was promised that we'd get prizes, but not everyone is going to win one, and I think it would be great if we donated to a good cause.

We can split the $10,000 many ways for many different charities if deciding on one is too hard.

I'm assuming it's safe to post this, since the contest is over and there's a thread in the News section

Any thoughts?
Dogluver620 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2011, 10:50 PM   #362
Webkinz :)

tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.
tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.tarabella9 is #1 to the fourth.

Default Re: Donating the $10,000

I think it would be a lovely idea.
tarabella9 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 10:54 PM   #363
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

Default Re: Donating the $10,000

What a thoughtful and lovely idea!! Maybe we could do something like 40% donated, 40% used for prizes, and 20% saved for site upkeep.
If we get confirmed as the winners, I think WI should have a poll to decide what to do with our portion of the money. That way, everybody could contribute their ideas and have their voice heard.
I definitely support donating at least a portion of the winnings (maybe to Webkinz Cares, another children's organization, or an animal rescue)!
Thanks for posting this!!
~Kay
Kayfookey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 11:01 PM   #364
HomieWHONK™ the
Gift Guru

Dogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talentDogluver620 has lots of talent

Default Re: Calling All Insiders! $10,000 Insider Giveaway, We Need Your Help! *UPDATE

View Post Originally Posted by tarabella9
I think it would be a lovely idea.
View Post Originally Posted by Kayfookey
What a thoughtful and lovely idea!! Maybe we could do something like 40% donated, 40% used for prizes, and 20% saved for site upkeep.
If we get confirmed as the winners, I think WI should have a poll to decide what to do with our portion of the money. That way, everybody could contribute their ideas and have their voice heard.
I definitely support donating at least a portion of the winnings (maybe to Webkinz Cares, another children's organization, or an animal rescue)!
Thanks for posting this!!
~Kay
Looks like my thread was merged on to this one, no idea why

Thanks tara and Kayfookey!
I agree with your idea, Kayfookey I was thinking that we could leave 1/3 of the prize money for prizes, and the rest for charity-- 1/3 is a LOT of money already.
Dogluver620 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:42 AM   #365
Broken.

kittens_rule has a reputation beyond reputekittens_rule has a reputation beyond reputekittens_rule has a reputation beyond reputekittens_rule has a reputation beyond reputekittens_rule has a reputation beyond reputekittens_rule has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: Calling All Insiders! $10,000 Insider Giveaway, We Need Your Help! *UPDATE

i agree people are really poor and they need the money more then anything!Theres 10,00 dollers so if you split 10,00 in 3 equal groups its 333.33 wow!Its not a whole number so we should give more to the needy!
kittens_rule is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #366
Kafeebunny
Gift Guru

Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl
Kayfookey is a wise owlKayfookey is a wise owl

View Post Originally Posted by kittens_rule
i agree people are really poor and they need the money more then anything!Theres 10,00 dollers so if you split 10,00 in 3 equal groups its 333.33 wow!Its not a whole number so we should give more to the needy!
Remember, some money goes to each Insider group, so WI doesn't get the full $10,000.
I heard that there were 4 Insiders, so WI would get their portion of $2,500. If we went by donating 40%, keeping 40%, and saving 20% for site upkeep, that would be donating $1,000, keeping $1,000, and saving $500.
Kayfookey is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #367
sourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clownsourpatch112 is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: Very big suggestion for WI's $10,000!

View Post Originally Posted by Dogluver620
Hey everyone!

Looks like WI pretty much won the contest. After reading someone's post on the thread in the News section, I had an idea: what about WI votes on whether we spend the money on prizes, or if we donate to charity/charities that we choose as a forum? I'm all for donating; there are LOTS more people who need the basics (food, clothing, shelter) than I need a new iPod or $500 Webkinz. I know it was promised that we'd get prizes, but not everyone is going to win one, and I think it would be great if we donated to a good cause.

We can split the $10,000 many ways for many different charities if deciding on one is too hard.

I'm assuming it's safe to post this, since the contest is over and there's a thread in the News section

Any thoughts?
View Post Originally Posted by sourpatch112
As most of you know, WI has won $10,000!
I know a lot of us want WI to use it for iPods, iPads, Webkinz, ect.
I'm not saying I wouldn't like all that stuff, too, but we could really make a BIG difference in a lot of peoples lives if we donated it to a good cause. Don't you think?
Here is a list of places that it could be donated to -

Spoiler: show

Homeless Shelters
Soup Kitchens
Various Charities
Farms
Hospitals
Groups for children with special needs
Pro - Life groups
Caring Valley or Webkinz Cares pets - Thank you Hoodedwarbler13 for the suggestion.

Tell me if you have more suggestions of places we can donate!
Please post your thoughts. Correct me if I'm wrong about something.
(:
sourpatch112 is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 10:24 AM   #368
Rye
Rye is an abundance of joyRye is an abundance of joyRye is an abundance of joy
Rye is an abundance of joyRye is an abundance of joyRye is an abundance of joyRye is an abundance of joyRye is an abundance of joyRye is an abundance of joyRye is an abundance of joy

If we donated, I would want to donate to animal charities, like Save the Tigers.

That's Saving Wild Tigers, sorry!

Last edited by Rye; 07-19-2011 at 10:24 AM..
Rye is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #369

firepuck has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

This is so awesome! I KNEW we could accomplish this (at least I hope we did)! Thank you to all who contributed.....
firepuck is offline Female Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 04:26 PM   #370
RalGash

RalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of lightRalGash is a glorious beacon of light

Default Re: Give it all away to Charity?!

I would like to see some cool estore prizes. Not everyone is lucky enough to have access to a credit card so that they can shop at the estore. I don't own a credit card and would love to get things like the wacky plant seeds etc.

I have seen many many Insiders like myself complaining about not being able to get stuff from the Estore because we are not fortunate enough to own credit cards or are to young to own one and thier parents refuse to put thier credit cards on the internet etc.

This is an opportunity for unfortunate and fortunate Insiders alike to get stuff when they normally can't. Not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to say go ahead and give that away to someone else when they want it too.

Charity begins at home?

I don't like to sound like an evil selfish person but I am willing to bet that many people here aren't saying anything at the risk of sounding selfish. So I will go first.

Links to charities where people can personally donate might be more appropriate than giving away the prize money to one or a few charities. Many charities accept PayPal which means someone like me that does have a PayPaly account would be able to donate as a thank you for my prize if I got one. People could also donate if they simply felt like it too, giving stuff away and helping others can make someone feel good. I donate regularly to my local Humane Society so for me this is something I would do anyway, it makes me feel good.

I am for keeping the prize money to the Insiders especially after the kids getting all excited about the prizes they might get and getting them all working hard to get the adults around them to help the Insiders win.

Or even better if you really really want charities to get the prize money...

Let each winner choose between accepting a prize or donating the money that would have bought them the prize. So they can choose options: Accept or Donate

If they select donate then they should get a choice of which charity selected from a list that the Insider sites can provide after getting suggestions from users.

Last edited by RalGash; 07-19-2011 at 04:26 PM..
RalGash is offline Female Reply With Quote

Tags
000!!!, a bird perched here!, adventure time!!!, asoftfluffysquirrel, come visit orca12296, go insiders!, gooooooo webkinz insider!, happyface!, i ♥ greencows!, insiders rule., insidersareepic, k.i.r.s.t.y. loves wi, megan wuz here, put some tape on this, rye was here for a minute, tigerdove is here, violetwashere!, we are going to win, we are unstoppable, we can't be defeated, we we won won!, wi!, woo hoo!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: