Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 10:20 PM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Arrow BREAKING NEWS: WebkinzInsider.Com Solves the Employment Office Scheduling Mystery!!

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, and Webkinz fans everywhere, WebkinzInsider has a huge announcement in store for all of you that you just have to see to believe!! It's a revolutionary new section on WI related to the Employment Office in Webkinz World!!

Before I get to the "big news", I want to remind everyone that Ganz is giving us all another try at the Wheel of the Month! Everyone will be able to spin it today, Saturday, from 10am-11am and Black Bear owners will get an additional spin tomorrow, Sunday, from 10am-11am. Don't forget!!

I've been told by lora01oh who has an "Asia" time zone account that the Wheel of the Month works this time!! jewelsii from the WebkinzInsider forum took some screenshots of it, shown below!
Click the image to open in full size.

WI Job Center
Now, the big news!

First, I must start with some history and a sincere "Thank you" for the tireless efforts and dedication of a few members in our forum.

As you all know, approximately two months ago, the Employment Office job behavior was changed from being random every time you entered it, to being on an hourly schedule. For those that were not aware, Webkinzgram, BERT_X, not2old4this and Whimzykinz have been working on maintaining a prediction list and archive for the Employment Office job behavior. Their thread has had over 10,000 views and was helpful to many. I encourage you all to visit their thread and pay them a "thank you" for their efforts, because without their dedication and hard work, this would never have been possible.

About a week ago, Webkinzgram approached me and asked if I could add some functionality to the forum to help make their tracking and prediction thread easier to manage by the team. There was no way that I could implement such features, but I got very interested in what they were doing.

I spent a few hours looking at the output of the archives of the jobs that appeared in the employment office during each time slot and was intrigued by it. What further piqued my interest in my analysis was that the European time zone accounts followed the same pattern as the US accounts. That is, the jobs available at 2pm on the European time zone, would be the exact same jobs for the US time zone at 2pm!

Armed with their data and this information, I spent 2 days working on the math to generate the job listings and figured it out!!!

Yes, the "Employment Office Mystery" has been solved!!

I spent a few more days putting together a nice tool to make it useful by all. If you have any trouble understanding it, click the blue question mark to bring up a pop-up with some help. This schedule is 100% accurate, and you can choose to see the list in the way it comes up and try out different days with the left list, or select your favorite job from the right list and see when it will appear on any particular day! (It's easier than it sounds, trust me!)

Again, I want to thank Webkinzgram, BERT_X, not2old4this and Whimzykinz, amongst others for their persistence and meticulous record-keeping. If it weren't for them, I would never have been able to develop a formula to solve the mystery!

Without further ado, I present you with the "WI Job Center", which can also be reached from the menu bar at the top on any Webkinz Insider page!

http://www.webkinzinsider.com/jobcenter.html

[Click for Article...]
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2007, 10:21 PM   #2
Gift Guru

goodgirl599 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: WebkinzInsider.Com Solves the Employment Office Mystery!!

oh i am so excited!!! I cant believe this...
Old 11-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #3
If you want it ask
Gifted

heymay has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: WebkinzInsider.Com Solves the Employment Office Mystery!!

i am so excited!
heymay is offline Female
Old 11-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #4
8dance4eva10
Gift Guru

8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent8dance4eva10 has lots of talent

This is so exciting and will be very helpful in the future. A big thanks to all who took part in this!
8dance4eva10 is offline Female
Old 11-16-2007, 10:25 PM   #5
With soccer I'm
Gifted

SOCCERPIG12 is a glorious beacon of lightSOCCERPIG12 is a glorious beacon of lightSOCCERPIG12 is a glorious beacon of light

Whoa, cool and thank you.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #6
GrannySalty
Gift Guru

GrannySalty is a glorious beacon of lightGrannySalty is a glorious beacon of lightGrannySalty is a glorious beacon of light

Wow very nice work!! I know they have all been working very hard over on Webkinzgram's thread!
Thanks to all who helped with this!
GrannySalty is offline Female
Old 11-16-2007, 10:28 PM   #7
Garrett

WOW! Thanks Justin and Everyone!!

I'm having a little trouble getting back in to the help thing though. Nevermind! It was already open! DUH!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:31 PM   #8
With soccer I'm
Gifted

SOCCERPIG12 is a glorious beacon of lightSOCCERPIG12 is a glorious beacon of lightSOCCERPIG12 is a glorious beacon of light

Whoa, I just checked that out, and it looks amazing, but must have taken some extrem work!!!!!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:31 PM   #9
bearbowler
Gifted

bearbowler will become famous soon enough

Thanks for all the hard work! I'm sure I for one will really appreciate it and use it!
Old 11-16-2007, 10:33 PM   #10
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by SOCCERPIG12
Whoa, I just checked that out, and it looks amazing, but must have taken some extrem work!!!!!
Thanks, once I figured out the math, it was just pretty graphics and input from the "crew" over on Webkinzgram's thread on the finishing touches. I think it's pretty!
Justin is offline Male
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: