Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Arrow BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Makes Sense of Webkinz Naming Restrictions

As many of our members have noticed, last month Ms. Birdy started getting very picky about the names she would and would not accept for new animals adopted in Webkinz World.* This has been quite frustrating for those who have had their carefully selected names rejected, especially since Ms. Birdy doesn't give any indication as to what is wrong with the names she turns down.

For the past few weeks, Webkinz Insider member RedBear has been collecting data from fellow WI members, and running her own "tests" in the Adoption Center, to figure out what names are allowed and which ones are rejected.* She has determined that there are certain combinations of letters that, if they appear anywhere in a name, will cause the name to be blocked.**You can check out RedBear's thread, complete with her list of blocked letter combinations and alternate name suggestions here: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...d-t386700.html

Following Wednesday's system-wide update, RedBear discovered that at least 13 letter combinations that had previously been blocked are now allowed, including "LA", "GO", "TO", and "MAMA".* Be sure to check out her thread for the latest updates.

Click the image to open in full size.

[Click for Article...]
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2008, 11:09 AM   #2
Webkinz :)

CanWeb is on a distinguished road

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Makes Sense of Webkinz Naming Restrictions

Thats great - thanks for all that work - will definately use the guide.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:15 AM   #3
Emma is the name

emmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guideemmlag96 is a golden guide

Thank you! I have read that thread many times to see if a name I want is available,it's frustrating when you try to name a pet and it doesn't work.
emmlag96 is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
muggle1
Gifted

muggle1 is an unknown quantity at this point

It so exciting that some of the letter combinations are allowed again. Redbear's naming thread has been soooo useful in the mean time though. Thanks for the update, Justin!
Old 10-02-2008, 12:48 PM   #5
Robertta is an unknown quantity at this point

Yesterday I tried naming my silverback gorilla Grape ape and it wouldn't let me. I was wondering what was wrong with this name. :gor:Robertta
Old 10-02-2008, 12:51 PM   #6
Your grandma is a
Gift Guru

gripperluverxxoo has disabled reputation

Thanks so much redbear for creating this guide!
thanks justin for reporting this
Old 10-02-2008, 04:19 PM   #7
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Thanks for the information
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 05:15 PM   #8
Gift Guru

Lizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant future

RedBear has been very helpful in all of this...and I am glad some combos are working again! I named my chipmunk today a name that I had been wanting to use, and couldn't.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:43 PM   #9
Lil Kinz

LOLchic is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh dat isnt kewl i hope they fix it soon tehe i know dat dis is random and doesnt relate at all but I WANT THE NEW BUNNY COMING UP ON EASTER!!!! It is just so cute and fuzzyfull and colorful... kinda like my dog... LOL
LOLchic is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #10

k-s_mimi is an unknown quantity at this point

My Grandaughter named a Bat Tobey with no problem. I hope we are as lucky with our new ones tomorrow.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: