Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 06:40 PM   #51
Webkinz :)

a3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to beholda3doglife is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Designs Contest Winning Room, Doesn't Win Prize

I blame that on ganz, they need to actually look at the account they are choosing and see the room in that account. they access to fix it, it just takes a second to look at the room. what a shame. I saw the thread and knew it would lead to unhappy players. If you set up a room and paln to enter it in a contest then do not post it anywheree until after the winners have been announced. What a shame that a simple game has created such viciousness. what a shame. J
a3doglife is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2009, 07:41 PM   #52
Gifted

Chariac is a jewel in the roughChariac is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Designs Contest Winning Room, Doesn't Win Prize

Quote:
I still have zero understanding of why it is so difficult for Ganz to check the Winner's acct to see if it is actually their room?

How difficult would it be for them to check, really, it is not that tough.
Except that sometimes you might have pictures of a room you created that's perfect for the contest except that you no longer have the exact same room. Maybe you moved it, or traded away an item or two.. Or changed it all together when you no longer needed it. Not winning because ganz currently couldn't find it didn't mean you were cheating.. Because you did create the room. And recreating it for the contest might not be an option if you need rare wallpaper or rare items..
Chariac is offline Female
Old 01-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #53

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Chariac

Except that sometimes you might have pictures of a room you created that's perfect for the contest except that you no longer have the exact same room. Maybe you moved it, or traded away an item or two.. Or changed it all together when you no longer needed it. Not winning because ganz currently couldn't find it didn't mean you were cheating.. Because you did create the room. And recreating it for the contest might not be an option if you need rare wallpaper or rare items..

Ganz could create a rule that the room must stay the same, NO changes what so ever, until the winner has been chosen and they have in fact checked to see if the room belongs to the actual winner.

Yes peole can and will recreate a room in their acct...but other's steal good ideas all the time.

It does not make it right in the contest format, but it will happen.

Having said this a person recreating may end up deciding that they would like this or that here or there and this or that one or two pieces out/switched/whatever, somehow slightly changed.

Anyway I remain with the view point that the entrant's room should stay the same and that Ganz should check to make certain that the room is in fact theirs.
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 01-29-2009, 08:33 PM   #54

jazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonderjazzykinz wows us all with wonder

Congrats, Newsboys!

Well, well, what can I say. This is just another incident where you could say, GANZ "blew it" AGAIN.

They "police" our pets names, they took away our rights to naming our rooms, they let "scammers" run amuck in the trading room, send "warning letters" to people who actually report bad behavior, but yet they don't check to see if the person who submitted the picture of the winning room, actually had that room in their house?????

They have just about exhausted my patience. The only thing I do now is dailies and play in the tournament arena. I wait for what I want for my rooms to purchase from Arte. I will not set foot in the trading room, because of all the horror stories.

Good Luck, Newsboys, with GANZ. When they finally admit they "blew it", post on
I would be very interested to hear what they had to say.
jazzykinz is offline Female
Old 01-30-2009, 05:58 PM   #55
Lollipop8927
Gift Guru

lollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud of

Newsboys,

I'm sorry you didn't get your prize. I hope the person that entered that room feels REALLY bad that they did this, and I also hope that you get your fish when it ends. It's really sad that people would do this kind of thing. Maybe karma will come around and they get the fish taken off.
lollipop8927 is offline Female
Old 02-01-2009, 11:05 AM   #56
Let It Roll.

Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!Newsboys is not just visiting!

Thanks everyone for your kind words!! *hugs*!
Newsboys is offline Female
Old 02-06-2009, 08:21 PM   #57
Lil Kinz
mskelbel is an unknown quantity at this point

It really disappoints me to no end that there are such horrible people out there. They should have been taught better. Stealing pictures of people who worked hard to create their rooms. My goodness What has happened to integrity? Or Honesty? Or fair play? I hope that people caught doing these types of things are banned from Webkinz World. It will also teach the other children that the consequences for stealing won't be good.
mskelbel is offline Female
Old 02-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #58
My kids think I'm
Gifted

MAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guideMAMA5517 is a golden guide

I keep checking back to see if Newsboy ever called GANZ and/or got a response. I know I see a lot of negatives about GANZ customer service but they haven't let me down in all the times I've called to correct something on an account. I know these things take a while though!
MAMA5517 is offline Female
Old 02-14-2009, 03:46 AM   #59
harlequinn

I empathize with this member being cheated out of a prize, but I cannot believe someone would post a picture of their contest entry before the contest was over! >_<

For as much as people are blaming Ganz for this (and believe me, I'm not one to shy away from blaming Ganz for anything), there is a lesson to be learned from this.

People, do NOT reveal your entry to the world until AFTER you have been officially credited for it. As long as people continue to post their contest entries online, they will continue to be stolen. It is not so much Ganz's responsibility to protect people from intellectual property theft, as it is your personal responsibility to protect your own creations.

I'm sorry you did not get your prize, but, you live and learn.

I just hope others learn from your experience and this incident is not repeated.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:46 AM   #60
DuckKin is my userna
Gift Trainee

katykinz has a spectacular aura aboutkatykinz has a spectacular aura about

Yuck. Yuck. Not your room, but the fact that someone would sink down that low. Yuck. You rock Newsboy!
katykinz is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: