Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-28-2009, 07:14 PM   #41
Webkinz :)

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Designs Contest Winning Room, Doesn't Win Prize

I still have zero understanding of why it is so difficult for Ganz to check the Winner's acct to see if it is actually their room?

How difficult would it be for them to check, really, it is not that tough.

Last edited by bromsisa; 01-28-2009 at 07:16 PM.. Reason: typo
bromsisa is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #42
Charis01
Gift Guru

Me2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud of

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Designs Contest Winning Room, Doesn't Win Prize

View Post Originally Posted by bromsisa
I still have zero understanding of why it is so difficult for Ganz to check the Winner's acct to see if it is actually their room?

How difficult would it be for them to check, really, it is not that tough.

Because someone could still copy your room design on their account and claim it as their own. Prevention is the best way to avoid stolen room designs, if they cant see it they can't steal it.
Me2Me2 is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #43
Gift Guru

AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence
AnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellenceAnthonysMommy is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

Has this been resolved yet?

Last edited by AnthonysMommy; 01-29-2009 at 11:14 AM..
AnthonysMommy is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 09:32 PM   #44

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by Me2Me2
Because someone could still copy your room design on their account and claim it as their own. Prevention is the best way to avoid stolen room designs, if they cant see it they can't steal it.
Point well made...however if someone is to lazy to create a room, steal one instead, they most likely would not go to the effort of recorating the room. But your point is a very valid one.

The only problem is that Kinzvillenewz frequently has their 'fall contest' or 'whatever' contest after WI has done one.

So by not showing our rooms, it would really discourage and even stop people from entering the contests here.

I feel that unless you are a memeber that Non memebers should NOT be allowed to view any pics from any part of this site...contests, houses being shown, whatever...basically any WW room should not be able to be seen by the public.

Granted someone could become a member for a short while, grab a pic, use it, and deactivate their acct (but we could have a policy of some sort where once you are a member that your acct cannot be deactivated for 6 months/1year or something... I don't know someway to trace the theif.

I know it would still be very difficult...but you never know.
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 01-29-2009, 09:50 AM   #45
Not just a
Gift Guru

ImTara55 is a forum hero
ImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum heroImTara55 is a forum hero

View Post Originally Posted by jazzinmarch
Is our society really that depraved that people are stooping to cheat others out of virtual rewards?
Where's the spirit of camaraderie?
Unbelievable!
HAHA Completely agreed! xD

Seriously though, it's stupid that people try to cheat you out of a virtual reward that won't even be worth anything except for in WW! People can be so stupid sometimes...
ImTara55 is offline Female
Old 01-29-2009, 10:08 AM   #46
Charis01
Gift Guru

Me2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud ofMe2Me2 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by bromsisa
Point well made...however if someone is to lazy to create a room, steal one instead, they most likely would not go to the effort of recorating the room. But your point is a very valid one.

The only problem is that Kinzvillenewz frequently has their 'fall contest' or 'whatever' contest after WI has done one.

So by not showing our rooms, it would really discourage and even stop people from entering the contests here.

I feel that unless you are a memeber that Non memebers should NOT be allowed to view any pics from any part of this site...contests, houses being shown, whatever...basically any WW room should not be able to be seen by the public.

Granted someone could become a member for a short while, grab a pic, use it, and deactivate their acct (but we could have a policy of some sort where once you are a member that your acct cannot be deactivated for 6 months/1year or something... I don't know someway to trace the theif.

I know it would still be very difficult...but you never know.
Good point, but a lot of people actually want their rooms to be viewed by as many people as possible.
I know some people can put kinda of transparent words or some sort of mark over their picture- its sad but that may be what this comes to where everyone has to somehow mark their pictures so others can not use them. Although i think it takes away from the picture its better than seeing your room stolen by another.
Me2Me2 is offline Female
Old 01-29-2009, 11:17 AM   #47
kmoney07
Gift Guru

Jrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to beholdJrock is a splendid one to behold

I was hoping there would be an update regarding this situation by now. I'm just shocked that this blatant rip-off happened again. I've got my fingers crossed that Newsboys will be awarded her trophy soon.
Old 01-29-2009, 11:23 AM   #48

soccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant futuresoccertrader has a brilliant future

And if they check the account, I know that I am continusly rearranging my rooms, so if I enter one contest,change my room I could win they could check my room and be like " You cheated!!" But I wouldn't have. Just saying
soccertrader is offline Male
Old 01-29-2009, 11:55 AM   #49
jw5346
Gifted

jw5436 is on a distinguished road

Haven't heard anything new on the situation yet. Has it been rectified?
jw5436 is offline Female
Old 01-29-2009, 06:18 PM   #50

mywebkinzworld is on a distinguished road

I hope your fox arrives soon!

I hope that things like this will not cause ganz to get angry or tired of it and stop running contests.
It would be a shame for all of us then.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: