Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 02:21 PM   #31
here?what?when?why
Gift Guru

Tinker24BELL has disabled reputation

Donation Award 
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Designs Contest Winning Room, Doesn't Win Prize

View Post Originally Posted by Rejewal
Actually an idea would be when you are editing your pic and uploading it, put your siggy or some small mark someplace on the picture that would be YOUR mark that way if your name or initials is on the picture it makes it easier to prove it is yours, but all Ganz has to do is go and look at your house and presto proof!
I enter contest quite often..can you tell me how to add my name to one..thanks

---------- Tinker24BELL added 19 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

thank you again for the tip Rejewal..

Last edited by Tinker24BELL; 01-24-2009 at 02:21 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Tinker24BELL is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2009, 02:33 PM   #32
hopee May 24 weekend
Gift Guru

Rejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clownRejewal is cool as a bunny clown

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Designs Contest Winning Room, Doesn't Win Prize

View Post Originally Posted by Tinker24BELL
I enter contest quite often..can you tell me how to add my name to one..thanks

---------- Tinker24BELL added 19 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

thank you again for the tip Rejewal..
Your welcome, to edit if you use tinypic.com after you have done your upload simply hit the edit button, this will open up a box so you can add things like borders, along with any simple text you might like to add as well, there are lots of neat things you can do to edit your pic, that way it makes it truely yours, also might I add don't add tags to your picts or click the share button that way nobody can use your work, that is unless you don't mind other people using it, I have come across many webkinz rooms there so it would be really easy to steal from there if you are not keeping your creations private
Rejewal is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 07:55 PM   #33
here?what?when?why
Gift Guru

Tinker24BELL has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

awesome..♥♥
Tinker24BELL is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 08:38 PM   #34
I'm a boy, not a
canesrule06 is just really nicecanesrule06 is just really nice

that stinks, it's as bad as when someone almost gave zingoz jeans but it showed and said "blue ball cap"
canesrule06 is offline Male
Old 01-25-2009, 01:45 AM   #35
feverthief
Webkinz :)

young love is cool as a bunny clownyoung love is cool as a bunny clownyoung love is cool as a bunny clownyoung love is cool as a bunny clownyoung love is cool as a bunny clownyoung love is cool as a bunny clownyoung love is cool as a bunny clownyoung love is cool as a bunny clown

Maybe WI should put a "lock" of sorts on certain threads of this forum so outside members can't see and steal pictures as easily?
young love is offline Female
Old 01-25-2009, 07:46 AM   #36
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by AnthonysMommy
This is getting ridiculous. There needs to be some repercussion for these people or it's going to continue to happen. That webkinz is a prize with monetary value so there has to be some guidelines. It is Ganz responsibility to check these things out or stop having this sort of contest until they can figure out how to do it fairly. Sorry for the little rant, I'm just very frustrated about this.
Why apologize for that, AnthonysMommy? We are not the ones who need to apologize, we aren't the ones who offended, are we Unlike certain things that happen in Webkinz World, where we whinge a bit about the way things are, this is REAL and worth getting upset about. This is FRAUD at the very least and should be a punishable offence. Even a shoplifter faces a stiff penalty for pilfering things of little value. A pocketed tube of lipstick can BRAND you for LIFE with a criminal record. Not to mention the COST to SOCIETY on the whole. Every time someone steals, the price of other things has to go up in order for the seller to recupe their losses. When someone steals SOMETHING, they don't just steal it from 'one meaningless account' (in their minds), they steal it FROM ALL OF US!
I only hope that the person who stole the item and Picture pays a much stiffer penalty than simple removal of the ill-gotten gain.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 01-25-2009 at 07:53 AM.. Reason: clarifying
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 12:53 PM   #37

CanWeb is on a distinguished road

Hope things get rectified.
Old 01-28-2009, 06:18 PM   #38
Gift Trainee

Mom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talentMom4 has lots of talent

Is there any kind of update on this situation?
Old 01-28-2009, 06:21 PM   #39
Gift Guru

smvmonkey knows the way
smvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the waysmvmonkey knows the way

Donation Award 

Man, that's really sad that someone would go and steal someone else's work online just to win a virtual prize. So sorry that happened to Grandmai and Newsboys, Congrats to you both Since there are people that are stealing the images, I would recommend not sharing the pictures of your rooms until after you win the prize and it has been put on your account.
smvmonkey is offline Female
Old 01-28-2009, 07:04 PM   #40

sydnah is on a distinguished road

I want to tell Newsboys that I really, really like your room. No offense to anyone else in the contest, but when the winners were announced, your room was my favourite out of the five. Congratulations, and I hope you are soon given the credit you deserve.

I also want to comment on a couple of things people on this thread have mentioned, just to add my 2 cents, so to speak...

1) I think it is a very good idea for to restrict or discourage people from posting pictures of their rooms before a contest closes. When the "share your floral room" thread started, I was wary of theft and chose not to post my room, but it IS really fun for us all to see each others' rooms. It would just be safer if such a thread began after the end of the contest.

2) Some people have mentioned the idea of Ganz verifying the existence of the submitted room in the user's account, as a precaution. While I agree that this room-stealing business is a problem, I would lean toward cutting off the thieves' access to others' ideas (i.e. keep your design secret until the end of the contest), rather than having Ganz trolling through users' accounts.

Also, from my perspective, having to keep the room intact until Ganz gets around to announcing a winner would be a real bummer. Putting together an entire room can be very expensive, so I often use items I already have to decorate my contest room. I scavenge them from around my house, and I return them to their original rooms after I enter the contest. I'd have a lot of awkward gaps in my house during the two or three weeks that it takes Ganz to announce a winner, and that doesn't sound like fun to me.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: