Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 11:25 PM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Designs Contest Winning Room, Doesn't Win Prize

Written by FIA
Friday, 23 January 2009

Congratulations to Webkinz Insider member Newsboys on desiging one of the winning entries for the Kinzville News Floral Room Contest. Unfortunately, it appears that a picture of Newsboys' entry was stolen by someone named "Ron" and that Ganz has credited that person with the win.

Back on January 2nd, Newsboys created a thread inviting members to share the entries they were going to submit for the contest. In that thread, which can be seen here, she posted her entry: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/....html?t=449942 As you can see by comparing Newsboys' picture, and the one in the Kinzville News, the thief didn't even bother to copy the layout of the room, but instead just stole the picture itself.

As you may remember, the same thing happened with the Kinzville News Fall Room Design Contest. Someone named "Michelle" took a picture of one of the rooms of WI member Grandmai and submitted it as her own. In that case Ganz quickly resolved the matter by editing the Kinzville News Story to reflect that Grandmai was the winner and by sending her a Room Design Trophy. You can read more about that here: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/index....wi-member.html

Hopefully Ganz will be just as quick in correcting things this time.

Click the image to open in full size.
FIA is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
Too-Wit Too-Woo
Gift Guru

jazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talentjazzinmarch has lots of talent

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Designs Contest Winning Room, Doesn't Win Prize

Is our society really that depraved that people are stooping to cheat others out of virtual rewards?
Where's the spirit of camaraderie?
Unbelievable!
jazzinmarch is offline Female
Old 01-23-2009, 11:33 PM   #3
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Designs Contest Winning Room, Doesn't Win Prize

Thank you FIA, I just KNEW you all were on top of this That is why I love this place.
NEWSBOYS, congratulations from ALL of us, here. The room is spectacular and you certainly deserve to win that Blossom fish. Good luck, we have the best team in the WORLD!
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-23-2009, 11:36 PM   #4
icked Awesome
Webkinz :)

Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

man this really upsets me. why doesnt ganz do something to check these entries once they determine they are winners and verify the room is actually on the account that claims to have entered them or something- i dunno i just wish they would come up with some failsafe to prevent these theives from doing this! ugh

im so sorry someone stole your room- i hope they fix it soon.
Melissa30067 is offline Female
Old 01-23-2009, 11:47 PM   #5
ebkinz Addict!
Gift Guru

kayembee is a genius through and through
kayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and throughkayembee is a genius through and through

Donation Award 

It's not the same as winning the Blossom fish - but Congrats Newsboys on having an eye catching entry! Just know that you are definately a winner in our eyes
kayembee is offline Female
Old 01-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #6
Proud to be
Gift Guru

Flicka28 is a glorious beacon of lightFlicka28 is a glorious beacon of lightFlicka28 is a glorious beacon of light

First a huge Congrats to NEWSBOYS for the great room. You did a great job and deserve to get the prize.

I agree that Ganz should check the accounts and make sure the room came from the person who entered it. This is the second time that this happened to a WI member and Ganz ahould do something about it. This is why I love WI and the great community we have here. Do the people who are stealing these rooms really think that the members of WI won't notice or do anything about it? I just can not think of any prize that would be worth stealing someone elses room for. It is sad to think that we can not share our rooms with each other because someone might decide to steal them.

Flicka
Flicka28 is offline Female
Old 01-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #7
Good Luck Chefs!!
Webkinz :)

AChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guide

Newsboys....that is a beautiful room and I am so sorry that this happened to you, I hope that Ganz corrects this right away....I can't believe that someone would stoop that low to steal someone else's picture.
AChip is offline Female
Old 01-23-2009, 11:59 PM   #8
PLUS THREE
Gift Guru

Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great
Gram2Four dares to be greatGram2Four dares to be great

Newsboys, big congrats on being the winner in the WW design contest. I hope Ganz corrects this immediately for you. I sure hope Ganz starts putting stricter measures in to verify the winning entries.
Gram2Four is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 12:04 AM   #9
here?what?when?why
Gift Guru

Tinker24BELL has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

Congratulations Newsboys on your great win.. You really do have a green thumb
Tinker24BELL is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 12:09 AM   #10
lorib64
Gift Guru

lorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no bounds
lorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no boundslorib64 knows no bounds

Congratulations on having a winning room. I hope Ganz will give you a blossom fish. I'm sorry someone stole your picture.
lorib64 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: