Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Designs Contest Winning Room, Doesn't Win Prize (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/breaking-news-webkinz-insider-member-designs-459400/)

FIA01-23-2009 11:25 PM

BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Designs Contest Winning Room, Doesn't Win Prize

Written by FIA
Friday, 23 January 2009

Congratulations to Webkinz Insider member Newsboys on desiging one of the winning entries for the Kinzville News Floral Room Contest. Unfortunately, it appears that a picture of Newsboys' entry was stolen by someone named "Ron" and that Ganz has credited that person with the win.

Back on January 2nd, Newsboys created a thread inviting members to share the entries they were going to submit for the contest. In that thread, which can be seen here, she posted her entry: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/....html?t=449942 As you can see by comparing Newsboys' picture, and the one in the Kinzville News, the thief didn't even bother to copy the layout of the room, but instead just stole the picture itself.

As you may remember, the same thing happened with the Kinzville News Fall Room Design Contest. Someone named "Michelle" took a picture of one of the rooms of WI member Grandmai and submitted it as her own. In that case Ganz quickly resolved the matter by editing the Kinzville News Story to reflect that Grandmai was the winner and by sending her a Room Design Trophy. You can read more about that here: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/index....wi-member.html

Hopefully Ganz will be just as quick in correcting things this time.

jazzinmarch01-23-2009 11:33 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: WI Member Designs Contest Winning Room, Doesn't Win Prize

Is our society really that depraved that people are stooping to cheat others out of virtual rewards?
Where's the spirit of camaraderie?
Unbelievable!

Dixiecup01-23-2009 11:33 PM

Thank you FIA, I just KNEW you all were on top of this :smitten: That is why I love this place.
NEWSBOYS, congratulations from ALL of us, here. The room is spectacular and you certainly deserve to win that Blossom fish. Good luck, we have the best team in the WORLD!

Melissa3006701-23-2009 11:36 PM

man this really upsets me. why doesnt ganz do something to check these entries once they determine they are winners and verify the room is actually on the account that claims to have entered them or something- i dunno i just wish they would come up with some failsafe to prevent these theives from doing this! ugh

im so sorry someone stole your room- i hope they fix it soon.

kayembee01-23-2009 11:47 PM

It's not the same as winning the Blossom fish - but Congrats Newsboys on having an eye catching entry! Just know that you are definately a winner in our eyes :thumbup:

Flicka2801-23-2009 11:58 PM

First a huge Congrats to NEWSBOYS for the great room. You did a great job and deserve to get the prize. :thumbup:

I agree that Ganz should check the accounts and make sure the room came from the person who entered it. This is the second time that this happened to a WI member and Ganz ahould do something about it. This is why I love WI and the great community we have here. Do the people who are stealing these rooms really think that the members of WI won't notice or do anything about it? I just can not think of any prize that would be worth stealing someone elses room for. It is sad to think that we can not share our rooms with each other because someone might decide to steal them.

Flicka

AChip01-23-2009 11:59 PM

Newsboys....that is a beautiful room and I am so sorry that this happened to you, I hope that Ganz corrects this right away....I can't believe that someone would stoop that low to steal someone else's picture.

Gram2Four01-23-2009 11:59 PM

:thumbup: Newsboys, big congrats on being the winner in the WW design contest. :thumbup: I hope Ganz corrects this immediately for you. I sure hope Ganz starts putting stricter measures in to verify the winning entries.

Tinker24BELL01-24-2009 12:04 AM

Congratulations Newsboys on your great win.. You really do have a green thumb

lorib6401-24-2009 12:09 AM

Congratulations on having a winning room. I hope Ganz will give you a blossom fish. I'm sorry someone stole your picture.