Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average. Display Modes
Old 06-04-2008, 06:43 AM   #81
Gifted

crodler is on a distinguished road

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Webkinz eStore is Now Open!

View Post Originally Posted by denali00
In my opinion this is horrible. A company that is makes thousands off of these stuffed animals is now going to charge money for virtual stuff?! Shame on Ganz.
I agree 100%. You're paying REAL, TANGIBLE MONEY for ... essentially a cartoon add-on. That's something I'm very much NOT interested in, especially in economically unsettling times.
crodler is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2008, 07:05 AM   #82
Enchanted

There are alot of pros and cons to all of this. I am a mom that has 2 very interested children in webkinz. I do like them myself also. Now...i look at it this way..and we all have to remember its to each their own....if i buy my son the rocket bed and my daughter the pool...thats about 18.00. (you cant buy one and not the other) 18 dollars here amounts to 2 gallons of milk..2 dozen eggs and maybe 2 loaves of bread or maybe hot dogs..and buns. Or 18 dollars will give me almost 4 gallons of gas...which migt get me around for the week. I am sure...we are all in the same boat now and then. Well maybe not all of us. The Us economy stinks right now. We had a resturant giving away dinners the other day if you bought a 32 oz soda you could have the buffett for free.(ponderosa) We took the kids because it cost us less for that meal then it did for me to cook. On the other hand..it does give the children and myself some quiet time playing with each other. I just dont know....I think if the prices were 99 cents as some stated I would be more willing to buy them. And definitly if you could use kinz cash...that would be nice. How about 8,000 kinz cash and 99 cents..per item. People I think would be more willing to do it then. Also they would be going on the site playing games or gardening so they can make the kinz cash....I think ganz would make more that way. They should really think about this....Come up with some other choices for people to make. I mean is this only going to be for the people that can afford it? I dont know about you...but i hate having to tell my kids no i am sorry you cant have the waterfall because we need to have some milk.....
Old 06-04-2008, 07:47 AM   #83
Gift Trainee

zmuf is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with denali its nuts to charge real money and you cant trade these items bad bad idea
Old 06-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #84
Carlinann89

Its really not good to charge younger people for money, and there virtual so thats just not right. the items might be cool. But not right
Old 06-04-2008, 07:51 AM   #85
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by luvwebbies
I think they care a great deal about the all of the kids who play Webkinz...But I think they know they have a lot of adult players, too, and they're trying to appeal to them, as well. And certainly, they are trying to increase their profits, and there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I would expect them to.

I must have read hundreds of posts about the e-store today...I actually enjoyed it, I liked reading everyone's opinions.

One thing that stands out in my mind though, is the judgemental attitude some people take about how others choose to spend their money...That notion that it's "crazy" for someone to spend $5 or $10 on a virtual item....Something that can't be used in the "real world"...

I don't think it's crazy. I don't think it's the best idea GANZ ever came up with, , but I don't think it's crazy at all.

And the items are being used in the real world--by real people who enjoy decorating their virtual homes on their real computers....
luvwebbies... i to have read through the threads about the e-store and posted in one of them
my feelings on this issue. i like the idea of being able to buy something that i know i can't
get any other way. if i can't afford it, i don't buy..if i can then i buy. i love having cool stuff for my home. as far as the trading and kinzpsoting goes.... since they send you a confirmation email with the codes so you can unlock them on any account.... so you can still give them as gifts to some someone through regular email.

i agree with you and i love th e-store concept. it is a wise move on their part and your decision to buy or not to buy.
miss spots is offline Female
Old 06-04-2008, 08:13 AM   #86
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by mom2tc
Actually, I thought the prices were very reasonable. The most expensive items are the super beds and even they are only $9.00 each. Ganz is just giving consumers an option. It is up to us when and how we spend our money.
In the grand scheme of things, this makes WAY more sense. Here we have a Superbed...It does not cost me the price of TEN webkinz to get, or a further 5. You see what I mean...it seems silly when you do the math...
1 Superbed = 10 Webkinz X $15.00 = $150.00
1 Rocketbed through E-store = $9.00
You just saved $141.00
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 06-04-2008, 08:13 AM   #87
Gift Guru

bigkid39 is a splendid one to beholdbigkid39 is a splendid one to beholdbigkid39 is a splendid one to beholdbigkid39 is a splendid one to behold

I like the idea - as a crazy webkinz addicted adult, I have bought pets just for the PSI, I have bought multiple POTM pets just for the virtual items. I would, if sold in a store, just buy the pet tag, as my small apartment is filled with plush animals. I love decorating my house - something I don't have an option to do in the real world. It's my fantasy dream home, and would I pay $5.00 for a really cool item to put in my house? Absolutely! I'm sort of glad that the items can't be traded or Kinsposted, it keeps my purchases to a minimum instead of buying extra for the GE.
bigkid39 is offline Female
Old 06-04-2008, 08:16 AM   #88
garycharles11
Webkinz :)

brandikinz is on a distinguished road

i have to agree on this also. even though ganz does not endorse buying or selling their virtual items.. it up to your discrestion whether you want to buy these items for yourself of for your grandkids or sisters ,mothers or brothers!! they do contradict their policy and they are confusing the young kids. my personal opinion. i see all of the views as smart by all people who commented, its interesting as i have a bunch of different views on this!!
Old 06-04-2008, 08:23 AM   #89

vmkstar99 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why does Ganz have to do this to me?
The coolest items ever...
for the most absurd prices ever...

If it was $1 or $2 per item, then I might actually do it.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:27 AM   #90
tinkerbell720 is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's a great idea! But way too expensive!!!
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: