Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average. Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 10:42 PM   #71
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Webkinz eStore is Now Open!

I don't know if I like this or not....I guess Ganz wants $$. Oh well, I think I'd rather get a Webkinz instead of a virtual item X) This should be interesteting! :]
vanvan20 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2008, 10:58 PM   #72
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by puppydawggirl6
Do you people realize you're spending your money on things that only exist in a virtual world? It's like buying an invisible carpet or something! It'd be cool if they sold these items with furniture small enough for your plush webkinz, but can you really use virtual items in the real world? However, if you only want it for the code, they should lower the prices! $9.00 for a "super bed" is a waste of money! I mean, it's a virtual bed! What happened to webkinz being kids friendly? Now, it seems like Ganz is just greedy for cash and don't even care about all of the kids playing webkinz!
I think they care a great deal about the all of the kids who play Webkinz...But I think they know they have a lot of adult players, too, and they're trying to appeal to them, as well. And certainly, they are trying to increase their profits, and there's nothing wrong with that. In fact, I would expect them to.

I must have read hundreds of posts about the e-store today...I actually enjoyed it, I liked reading everyone's opinions.

One thing that stands out in my mind though, is the judgemental attitude some people take about how others choose to spend their money...That notion that it's "crazy" for someone to spend $5 or $10 on a virtual item....Something that can't be used in the "real world"...

I don't think it's crazy. I don't think it's the best idea GANZ ever came up with, , but I don't think it's crazy at all.

And the items are being used in the real world--by real people who enjoy decorating their virtual homes on their real computers....
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 06-03-2008, 11:00 PM   #73
Gift Guru
brighurst is on a distinguished road

they wont be getting another dime of my money right now for the virtual items either.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #74
MlrGrl
Gift Guru

MlrGrl will become famous soon enough

After reading a few pages of "this is horrible; I won't give them anymore of my money", I decided to write. I don't know if this was mentioned already since I haven't read all the posts, so I do apologize if this has already been mentioned.

I have no doubt that the idea for the eStore came about when they were seeing virtual items on eBay and seeing how much those hard to get items were selling for. Why should someone else make money off the intellectual property of another company? (lol - don't even go there; the whole Napster thing was decided by a court LOL)

I guess you could say those who bought those items created this store. Kind of the "law of unintended consequences".

Like it or love the estore, as a business decision, I can't blame Ganz for implementing it. And who knows where the store will go once things get going! I noticed the waterfall in there looks an awful lot like the TC2 waterfall. OMG; I would have gladly paid $9 (or what ever it's selling for) for that waterfall then all the money I spent on cards trying to get it!

As for my personal opinion of it: it is what it is. I'm sure for a very, very special treat, I'll buy my kids something other than a couple packs of TC2s. Besides; who knows what they will have in store for us later down the road!
Old 06-03-2008, 11:51 PM   #75

mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!mayapal is not just visiting!

WI Subscriber

Yes, it has been fun reading, and the responses seem quite polarized.

It seems that this is a bit of the time versus money people, which boils down a bit to kids versus adults, too (since kids generally have more free time than adults who tend to have more money)

For an adult who is a collector, but doesn't have gobs of free time (or lacks skills in games,like me, hee hee!), this is a quick way to get cool items for about the cost of lunch or if you drink them, a couple of Starbucks a week. Quick, easy, and you can get exactly what you want without hoping you get the right code in that package of trading cards. And adults who game elsewhere are quite used to spending real money in a virtual world, and probably wonder why it took Webkinz so long to start something like this.

On the other hand, if you are used to making virtual money, and have the time, patience, and/or skills to do it, but lack real money, this is going to be a real threat if you are a serious collector, and these items aren't available for conventional trade on the Webkinz site. Lack of real money means you won't be able to get some exclusive pieces, which is scary in an entrenched system. Change is never easy.

Now, it seems to me that you could do trading , one trades the unused code one has purchased for a different retired or rare item one wants. Seems you could have a meeting of the money vs time camp. Webkinz doesn't link a code to a user name and say you have to use it only on a certain account. I bet someone could figure out how to safely do a trade on the gifting system I have only read about here.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:12 AM   #76
Gifted

Pizzapizza will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Hippokinz
It's weird that they would open this up because they are so against the selling of virtual items for real money.

Well, I like it. One of the most descent things Ganz has added in a long time! I really love the railroad and the pool. But the prices are ridiculous!

The superbeds are a super deal! $9!!! For a super that you can get buy just buying pets, it over $100. Wow.
You summed it up well. I think the term for what Ganz is doing by selling virtual items is HYPOCRITE.
We were not allowed to give items as gifts on ebay or sell them so why should Webkinz? Because they own them....but no other online games do this -- they allow you to FIND THEM IN GAME!
Old 06-04-2008, 02:17 AM   #77
cube24
Gift Guru

cube24 is on a distinguished road

Amazing how the eStore has so many people expressing different opinions.
If WW was to shut down tomorrow, we'd all be out of all of our virtual items anyway. How many children or adults buy the cards and plush solely because they like them and don't intend to go online at some point? Collectors or small children maybe.
I'm sure Ganz has employees that are members of WI, other forums and keeping an eye on ebay. The GE is their idea for the new trading room, ebay resulted in their new virtual store. Those who garden strawberries now lose 1kc per plant harvested, they caught onto that obviously. I'm not bashing Ganz, just pointing out that it's all part of running a business. Like it or leave it, they can't please everyone but they're trying to.
I personally like the idea that the virtual items can't be traded/kinzposted/w shop sold because the items would make good gifts for my children/nieces/nephews who don't know the WGIV values. My older daughter probably wouldn't think twice to sell/trade the virtual item if she saw something else that appealed to her. It also makes it easier for relatives to get them a gift they want-no having to run all over town looking for something they haven't a clue about. Order it online and print out the code, or give them a small pre-paid Visa gift card. It is unfortunate for the kids who's parents won't buy or can't afford to buy them the virtual items.
My daughter has been saving a superbed box waiting for the rocket bed to be released, so she was a bit disapointed when she saw it cost real money. Despite not agreeing with a few of the prices on the virtual items, we'll probably end up getting a couple items once I've seen pictures of them in other WI members rooms. I was disappointed in Ganz for not showing the items properly(like they are in the w-shop). Thank goodness WI members are here to share their pic's
cube24 is offline Female
Old 06-04-2008, 03:44 AM   #78
hopeforbrianna8
Gift Guru

hope4bri is just really nicehope4bri is just really nice

Donation Award 

I don't know how to feel about the estore. I see a lot of different opinions on here, but please don't get mean and call people stupid for buying stuff from there. It's their money and they can do what they want. Everybody has to admit, though, the items are really awesome- just too expensive. But I don't think Ganz is advertising the estore on Webkinz. So hopefully my kids won't find out about these new exclusives. What kids don't see, kids don't ask for! Keep that in mind if you don't want your kid begging for these new items.
hope4bri is offline Female
Old 06-04-2008, 05:40 AM   #79
Amanda ♥

I love the items in the eStore, but they are expensive, and my parents won't let me get them!

Do you think they are goin overboard?
Old 06-04-2008, 05:56 AM   #80
knzmommy is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow the items are pricey. I know that we will not be purchasing. I might think about it if it was $1 or $2 per item. for the price of some of those things you could get a new webbie.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: