Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average. Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 08:24 PM   #61
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Webkinz eStore is Now Open!

View Post Originally Posted by puppydawggirl6
Do you people realize you're spending your money on things that only exist in a virtual world?
How people choose to spend their money is their decision. $9.00 for a super bed is a bargain compared to buying 5 or 10 webbies. The eStore is only meant to be an option. If people want to use it, great. If not, that's fine too.
mom2tc is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2008, 08:27 PM   #62
^Look up!^
Webkinz :)

366100068 is a splendid one to behold366100068 is a splendid one to behold366100068 is a splendid one to behold366100068 is a splendid one to behold

This is horrible!!! Why would they sell exulsives! I remember them saying you can't sell them on ebay, and look what they are doing!!! This is so stupid!
366100068 is offline Female
Old 06-03-2008, 08:28 PM   #63
Yea I am .....
Gifted

stlpeeps will become famous soon enough

I am addicted! I just bought the waterfall, modular sofa and expansion pack, in-ground pool, and train set. Can't wait for more.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:40 PM   #64
Gifted

crodler is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by deblynn
I know I pay money for the Webkinz, but personally, I love the stuffed animals. And I'm a mom! LOL.
At least you have the excuse of being a mom! I'm 31, married, and we are NOT having kids. Yet here I am, surrounded by 'Kinz.
crodler is offline Female
Old 06-03-2008, 08:41 PM   #65
Gift Trainee

peytonsmomie is an unknown quantity at this point

People spend hundreds of dollars more on mmporg (I hope I spelled that roll playing acronym right). They also spend hundreds on Sims games and expansion packs. How is this different?

Besides, for those of us who's kids already have 60+ of the plushies, and a playroom floor littered with the cards, online items are a great idea. I for one don't mind paying money for virtual items. It's NOT the tangible product we want from Ganz, it's the GAME. And the game is enhanced by the expansion items.

For those who want both plush and virtual-be happy you have that option. For those of us who would prefer virtual only, why begrudge us our happiness at having our own option? It's good business to keep one's clients happy. Ganz is doing just that by finding ways to please all the different factions of their clients.

Look at it this way, do you holler and yell when Ganz gives a really cool PSI to an animal you hate? This is no different. You can't get the sleigh PSI unless you adopt the reindeer. So if you hate (or can't find) the reindeer, you don't get the sleigh. Same concept here.
peytonsmomie is offline Female
Old 06-03-2008, 08:48 PM   #66
Cattails5

cattails5 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou97
Well the thing they did is make it so none of those items can be traded or kinzposted...gotcha there too.....
I really hate that!!! So if you redecorate a room and don't want the items anymore, you're stuck with it hanging around in your dock, can't sell it back, can't trade it, can't give it to a friend. That really isn't fair.

I did buy in the estore today. But I didn't buy anything I wasn't SURE I would keep. Not the big appliances, definitely not the modular sofa or the night/day chair thing. I'll definitely be very very selective about what I buy because I'm STUCK with it once I get it.
cattails5 is offline Female
Old 06-03-2008, 08:50 PM   #67

xtrordinarygirl is an unknown quantity at this point

I personally don't like having to buy only virtual items with real money, plus it doesn't help i am broke all the time. i think they should give you a small couch, stove(won't work), fridge(won't work) and such for buying the item. you could use the items they give you to play with with your stuffed animals. but i really like the blast of rocketbed, in-ground pool, and the fridge that holds 15 items. I will have to think about it!
Old 06-03-2008, 08:58 PM   #68
Gonna get a new

animallover317 is an unknown quantity at this point

This is absolutely pathetic. Doesn't Ganz get enough money from $15 or more webkinz each? Or $5+ for lipgloss, purses, etc? The game doesn't even work. The Tournament Arena doesn't work, the phone turns off by itself, the trading room doesn't work half the time, the jobs and games are WAY to hard, and other things are to hard so the site isn't little kid-friendly. They still don't have the other clubhouse up again. I'm really getting sick of Webkinz. Also, I don't like they're staff. I emailed them about some bugs, and they emailed me back and snapped at me. >.<

Now they want money for VIRTUAL items? ...This just makes me mad.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:16 PM   #69
jmetree

View Post Originally Posted by puppydawggirl6
Do you people realize you're spending your money on things that only exist in a virtual world? It's like buying an invisible carpet or something! It'd be cool if they sold these items with furniture small enough for your plush webkinz, but can you really use virtual items in the real world? However, if you only want it for the code, they should lower the prices! $9.00 for a "super bed" is a waste of money! I mean, it's a virtual bed! What happened to webkinz being kids friendly? Now, it seems like Ganz is just greedy for cash and don't even care about all of the kids playing webkinz!
I went to the store today and bought a 12 pack of pop and a candy bar and it cost me 6 bucks. Now that pop and candy bar will never last as long as the virtual item does.
Old 06-03-2008, 09:58 PM   #70

momof2inmn is an unknown quantity at this point

It seems like Ganz is getting some of the glitches fixed as far as losing items that you are in the process of moving, etc. -- however, I still think it is not right that they don't replace missing items anymore. Now that we are actually purchasing virtual items with cash, I am concerned about getting the same response if those items go missing.

I assume that the policy change came about because there were so many complaints but Ganz knew at that time that they were creating an e-store and they still made this policy change knowing that we'd be purchasing items with cash in the near future.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: