Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.25 average. Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #41
pm me for ID
Gifted

lovepuppy is on a distinguished road

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Webkinz eStore is Now Open!

I can't believe this is happening..now everyone will see these new items and want to buy them. Little kids will pester their parents. How can they charge real money for virtual items??
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #42
5 kids=hard to be a
Gift Guru

missi is a glorious beacon of lightmissi is a glorious beacon of lightmissi is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, they're kind of expensive, but it's not any different from buying 50 trading card codes or a tag only pet on eBay, which is what I like to do. We are over-run with stuffed animals and have an obscene number of cards, so when I spend my money, yes, I am just getting a virtual item. Thank goodness for that!

I will admit, I started making plans to buy a bunch of the stuff when I first saw it, but then I came here and read all the comments and started to think maybe not. I'm kinda torn... It is a lot of money to spend, but on the other hand, I get a lot of enjoyment out of having unique stuff in my house. I'll probably buy just a couple things. I really love the waterfall and the sectional couch...
missi is offline Female
Old 06-03-2008, 06:08 PM   #43
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

View Post Originally Posted by Hippokinz
It's weird that they would open this up because they are so against the selling of virtual items for real money.

Well, I like it. One of the most descent things Ganz has added in a long time! I really love the railroad and the pool.

The superbeds are a super deal! $9!!! For a super that you can get buy just buying pets, it over $100. Wow.
Yeah, when you think of how much it would cost to buy 5-10 pets, the price of these super beds are very reasonable. Too bad that I don't like either one very much.

The only thing that Ganz has objected to, for legal reasons, is people selling their virtual items for cash. That violates their copyrighted material rights! In legal terms, you would be making profit from their work.

View Post Originally Posted by Jennielou97
I spend $90 a month to stare at a tv that hardly ever has anything good on. Is that tangible? Is going to or renting a movie tangible? Either you like it or you don't, and will buy it or won't. I haven't decided. I just realize there are a lot of things people spend money on and enjoy for much less time that aren't tangible.
After some reflection, I reached the same conclusion. Adults spend many times more than this on intangible items. At least these do stay with you longer in Webkinz World.

Here is another view of my Train Set in a kid's theme room. The train runs around the track -- cute animated item!

Click the image to open in full size.

BERT_X is offline Male
Old 06-03-2008, 06:12 PM   #44
Webkinz :)
echaos is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I bought some and I'm glad I did!

to me, it's not much different then buying trading cards to get the virtual items. yes it costs more, but you at least get what you want, not like taking a chance with a pack of cards.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:26 PM   #45
I rules!
Gift Guru

mom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond reputemom2tc has a reputation beyond repute

Actually, I thought the prices were very reasonable. The most expensive items are the super beds and even they are only $9.00 each. Ganz is just giving consumers an option. It is up to us when and how we spend our money.
mom2tc is offline Female
Old 06-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #46
I Rocks!!
Gift Guru

Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep
Jennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the repJennielou invented the rep

I havent bought yet, but I am interested in the train set and waterfall. I saw the pool in someone's yard and wasnt too thrilled with it. I like the animated stuff...and I 'm a vehicle collector. If they come out with cars I'm dead...LOL
Jennielou is offline Female
Old 06-03-2008, 06:28 PM   #47
ladyprobatiner
Gift Guru

ladyprobationer will become famous soon enough

I went to the store and lliked what I saw. To me this is better than buying trading cards. I got the swimming pool, the refigerator & stove, and the water fall. I have put them in and they are really neat. I love the pool. Hope they will ad other things although I don't want to do away with the exclusives that we get when we put in our new pets.

ladyprobationer is offline Female
Old 06-03-2008, 06:35 PM   #48
e ♥ counting!!
Gift Guru

BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest
BERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contestBERT_X could win a popularity contest

You spend money going to a movie, or to a sporting event, or listen to a rock concert. But, what do you really have to show for it after? Ummm, nothing at all.

I will be able to enjoy seeing my new Webkinz eStore items over and over again. Seems to me like I got a better deal.

Here is another picture showing my pet monkey, Treb, in the Suit of Armor. I added the talk bubble just trying to be funny. Ha ha ha!

Click the image to open in full size.

BERT_X is offline Male
Old 06-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #49
madfinn13

i think it is ridiculous for somethings but come on ! we buy the trading cards and they usually sit around and collect dust or they get lost . everyone pretty much wants the code ! besides 9.00 dollars for a webkinz bed !?!?!? are you kidding !?!?! but the pool is cool the knight in shining armor is cool and i want the water fall too !
Old 06-03-2008, 06:38 PM   #50
girly94
Webkinz :)
girly94 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ganz is getting more money minded it seems. Has any one noticed that webkinz have gone from $9.99 to $13.00 in most places, and at one piont i was able to get a lil kinz for $5.00 and now they are $9.99. And some of these new items like lip gloss andbody mist?!? I understand the clothes, and maybe the mouse pads, but other stuff, and now paying for VIRTUAL things for money?!? Ganz is starting to be like this other company i know, has anyone heard of American girl dolls? They are way to much, $118.00!!! Hello!
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: