Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2007, 06:22 AM   #31
dogwmn
Gift Guru

dogwmn is a jewel in the roughdogwmn is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Third-Party Webkinz World Ads and Free Bee Costume!!

View Post Originally Posted by Liz1209
the eariler you get up the more likely to see it
That was true but not this morning. I was up at 5:25A kinztime (same as my time) and got 1 costume and 1 honey on one account and nothing on the other 3 family accounts I tried. When I got the Bee Costume first try, I got all excited and thought I was fixin to have a click fest. But no way Ganz had my number. cry cry I mean buzz buzz

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2007, 08:08 AM   #32
ask me
Gift Guru
sunshine will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Mamma's kinz
Here a thought: but please note that I'm just trying to see things in a fair way, I'm not picking on anyone.
Could the BEE ads have slowed down or nearly stopped because (which I'm sure, could have been an after thought on their part) they discovered that some people were collecting and exceeding a reasonable amount of them and then turning around and selling them to increase their kinzcash?
IF so...When WEBKINZ gives out costumes and other such things like that in the future... and are afraid that people might abuse there gifts by way of selling them... instead of what they might have intended them to be used for... why don't they just BLOCK the SALE of those items? My grandson try to sell a bingo coupon once, but it could NOT be sold... That way there would be plenty of costumes for everyone (hopefully) now that's only if, that, "maybe or could be" one of the problems for the ads slowing down, of course... Maybe they had a certain amount that was set up to be passed out? If they did, something like that might wotk to make things more fair next time. Just a thought...
I haven't been lucky yet, I hoping to get one costume for each one of my 3 grandson's accounts and one for myself They and I, all love our WEBKINZ!
Happy Halloween to all,
Mammakinz - PEACE
webkinz sklgreen-Susie
I think they should just make the value of the items 1kc. That wouldn't be worth selling.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:19 AM   #33
Svenyip
Gifted

Svenyip will become famous soon enough

They probably don't want to suddenly make them "no sell" items because then there's no way to get rid of them once the novelty has worn off. Unlike the coupons - you can use them at any time, so they don't need to have a price value.

Especially for the "bee farmers" that got a ridiculous number of costumes before they dropped it to one a day. Some people have 200+ pieces of costumes lying around ... if those all suddenly turned into zero-value-no-sell items, I could see the site crashing a lot.

In the end, they're getting the buzz they wanted from the advertisement, which will probably encourage other people to advertise through Webkinz. Which might not interest US, but that ad revenue will hopefully lead to more improvements on the site.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:26 AM   #34
dogwmn
Gift Guru

dogwmn is a jewel in the roughdogwmn is a jewel in the rough

Well, I see they have made it one per IP address per day as it should be or I would prefer 1 per account per day. But I have to admit I wanted more more more.
Bee farmers thats funny.

Last edited by dogwmn; 10-17-2007 at 08:29 AM..
Old 10-17-2007, 08:29 AM   #35
Gifted

t42180w is on a distinguished road

I got 2 costumes in one day.......I sent one to my daughter though. Yeah Me!
Old 10-17-2007, 09:44 AM   #36
hsunnieday1
Gifted

hsunnieday1 is on a distinguished road

I guess that's why I am not getting any. Since they changed it to 1 a day. Now is that 1 a day per account??? Cause I got mine but have been trying my children's and can't get them one at all.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:52 AM   #37
MCSMOM
Webkinz :)

MCSMOM is on a distinguished road

I really would love two more and Ill be happy. I tried to tell my g/f not to sell them but she sold like 90 costumes. I wish I had the time for that...so far all but two of my babies are in their BEE outfits and they look sooo cute.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:05 AM   #38
ask me
Gift Guru
sunshine will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Mamma's kinz
Could the BEE ads have slowed down or nearly stopped because (which I'm sure, could have been an after thought on their part) they discovered that some people were collecting and exceeding a reasonable amount of them and then turning around and selling them to increase their kinzcash?
I've heard that with this promotion as well as others in the past. But I don't buy it. These are VIRTUAL items. They cost Ganz nothing and they won't "run out of them" so that they need to be rationed.

I firmly believe that they wanted to hype the movie and give their advertiser the most buzz about it that they can. In that regard, they have succeeded. Everybody's talking about the bee costumes.

They were extremely easy to get FOR JUST A FEW HOURS. You've got to know that the kids (and adults here) who saw it all started to email/call/text their friends to tell them. It got everyone talking about it... and we still are. That's what the advertiser paid for, and that's what they got. Brilliant.

Don't kid yourself. This has nothing to do with hoarding, selling, rationing, etc. It has EVERYTHING to do with Webkinz promoting a new movie.

And they've done it brilliantly.

Linda

View Post Originally Posted by dogwmn
Well, I see they have made it one per IP address per day as it should be or I would prefer 1 per account per day. But I have to admit I wanted more more more.
Bee farmers thats funny.
Yes, it seems to be one per day per IP address (or computer -- maybe they're using cookies). I was able to get one this morning at home, and another here at work.

So if you have multiple accounts, log on first today with one account, and then tomorrow, use a different account first.

Linda

Last edited by sunshine; 10-17-2007 at 10:05 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-17-2007, 10:16 AM   #39
Svenyip
Gifted

Svenyip will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by sunshine
These are VIRTUAL items. They cost Ganz nothing and they won't "run out of them" so that they need to be rationed.
The only thing they might lose out of it is potential "impulse buys" of Webkinz by people who see a rare item coming up and are willing to buy more pets just to quickly get the necessary KinzCash to buy it.

And even that's only from the people who used the Bee Costumes as a quick "money making game." Everyone else is still in the same boat - hoping that store prices don't get inflated because of the Week of the Bees.

In the end, they proved people could be "Pavlov Conditioned" to hunt for ads and click on them. That's worth any amount of KinzCash.
Old 10-17-2007, 10:26 AM   #40
Forsakensoul
Gifted
jspruill is an unknown quantity at this point

They are in fact done by the gateway IP address. This means unless you are on dialup... you can't get more then one a day from the same computer. I wasn't sure if you could get around it by using an anonymous proxy but you might be able to.

I am lucky enought to have to work at 5 different schools all with different ip address so, I can get 6 a day. Although I haven't really tried much as I still have over 150 of them.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: