Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default BREAKING NEWS: The Return of the Undersea Porthole

Written by FIA
Thursday, 18 December 2008

The return of the Undersea Porthole to Webkinz World late yesterday has caught the entire Webkinz community off guard. Back in February, the Webkinz News said:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webkinz News
The Giant Venus Flytrap, the Undersea Porthole, and the Jelly Lollipop Tree are now officially retired. If you've got these items, hang on to them!
Previously, in November of 2007, when answering a question in an official interview with Webkinz Insider about retired Webkinz, the Creative Director of Webkinz said:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webkinz Creative Director
As we have said before, retired is retired. It means the pet will not be back in stores once it’s gone
At this point, we can assume that the "retired is retired" statement only applies to Webkinz and does not apply to virtual items in Webkinz World.

Webkinz Insider member Funsilly got the following statement from a Customer Service Supervisor at Webkinz:

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funsilly
The supervisor with whom I was speaking [Matan] advised that the undersea porthole was not retired - it was a glitch - and has been put back in the system
At this point, we are not certain how a "glitch" gets an official announcement in the Webkinz News, or why it took the programmers at Ganz nearly ten months to "correct" it. The bottom line is that the Undersea Porthole has returned, and everyone will be keeping a cautious look out for more "officially retired" items that could come back some day.
FIA is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 12-18-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
eleven wackies
Webkinz :)

KevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a hero
KevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a heroKevinELevin was born a hero

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: The Return of the Undersea Porthole

Who knew? ???
KevinELevin is offline Male
Old 12-18-2008, 04:42 PM   #3
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Wow! So that "Glitch" too really long to fix since it wasn't "retired".. LOL

I bet the Cheeky Dog isn't really "retired" either.. that was a "glitch" too
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 12-18-2008, 05:09 PM   #4
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

Oh, Kelly..that is TOO funny
I have to agree, if they can bring the Undersea PortHole out of Retirement, what is stopping them from bringing out the 'virtual' pets. I do like this Exclusive, though. I athink I am going to make a room with aquarium windows in it...or I will put them in my Below Decks w/ Captain's Quarter's rooms...
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 12-18-2008, 05:29 PM   #5
PEEP!
Gift Guru

adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence
adrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellenceadrkmfdm is the epitome of excellence

yes! I had been wanting one of those. I'm glad I had been saving my wish tokens
adrkmfdm is offline Female
Old 12-18-2008, 05:52 PM   #6
HEY! I'M BACKERSSSS!

Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!Franks is the cats pajamas!

Donation Award 

Cool, I still have my old one!
Franks is offline Female
Old 12-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #7

Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great
Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great

Thanks for the info. I will get three tokens soon!
Webkinz Mania is offline Male
Old 12-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #8
MadTVstewart

I'm a bit angry at Ganz, they said it being retired was a glitch. Is it a glitch that they "accidentally" typed it in the new? The "accidentally" put it in the pic of retired items next to the fly trap? What the heck Ganz!
Old 12-18-2008, 09:44 PM   #9
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

Thnaks for the information. Gosh, I've been saving mine hoping it would become a rare retired one day xP
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 12-18-2008, 11:50 PM   #10
Chelmi5 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been saving my tokens, so I was able to get one.
Chelmi5 is offline Female
Closed

Tags
need more tokens

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: