Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-22-2008, 09:59 PM   #21
I_LV_Webkinz

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Online Pets for Sale at the Webkinz eStore

That is just horrible they just want money. I can buy a webbie stuffed and virtual for 12. They are getting very greedy.

---------- I_LV_Webkinz added 2 Minutes and 7 Seconds later ----------

Oh yah well at limited too the webbies are 16.50 each and the lil kinz are 11.50 each. I buy them off of amazon for much cheaper.

Last edited by I_LV_Webkinz; 07-22-2008 at 09:59 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2008, 10:00 PM   #22
Webkinz :)

iKelley is on a distinguished road

I can guarentee that those are soon going to become retired. Why else would they put them on? I do think it is a pretty good deal, but I wouldn't get any. It is good for adults who think the stuffed animals can be babyish and don't know what to do with them. Thanks, Justin!
iKelley is offline Female
Old 07-23-2008, 01:09 AM   #23

buckwheat5802 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah i dont think that is a good deal cause if you can buy a regular large webbie for 11 dollas why spend almost 13 for just a code...and dont get me wrong i love my webkinzs i just cant imagine anyone spending that much money on some of the other virtual items
buckwheat5802 is offline Female
Old 07-23-2008, 08:47 AM   #24
Yay me! I'm a
Gift Guru
nire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledgenire1976 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I like the idea and I understand it's for people who can't purchase the plushies. But I do agree with 366100068...Right now where I live, in Illinois, Jewel has the regular size ones (not "Lil Kinz") for 8.99!!
nire1976 is offline Female
Old 07-23-2008, 08:48 AM   #25
dogsrule1020

bballwebkinzluv is an unknown quantity at this point

As of today so is the wolf!
bballwebkinzluv is offline Female
Old 07-23-2008, 09:10 AM   #26
Tuscon99

hoppity10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Making that wolf just online makes me sick. I really wanted to buy the wolf plush, but there isn't going to be one now. I just can't justify spending 12.50 on a VIRTUAL PET!!! You don't even get the plush!!! I cannot believe Ganz is stooping so low.

---------- hoppity10 added 0 Minutes and 25 Seconds later ----------

----slushie

Last edited by hoppity10; 07-23-2008 at 09:10 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-23-2008, 11:29 AM   #27
Lil Kinz
phoenix100962 is an unknown quantity at this point

If Ganz proceeds this way and issues virtual-only pets like the wolf, they will soon lose many of their younger customers as well as the support of many parents. I have "funded" the purchase of well over 100 Wedkinz and Lilkinz for my children and my wife. We preorder, track new releases, hunt down deals and mourn the few retired pets we missed out on, so we couldn't be much more devoted.

Here is where my support will end. I cannot justify purchasing a virtual item for nearly the same price as a physical item, be it a pet or an e-store exclusive item such as the train. If Webkinz ever closes it's site, there goes my money, value, enjoyment, etc. For pets with plush counterparts, they're always ours should we choose to keep them and of course we will. We'd miss the virtual world, but not feel cheated.

My son wants the wolf, but he wants it to be just like every other Webkinz he owns, plush & virtual. He may give in and accept the virtual only, but I'm not forking over the money they're asking. And there will begin the decline of Webkinz as a family activity.

I understand that the pets are limited to purchasers outside North America now, but the items are available here and concerned me when they appeared. I could see spending a $1 or two on one of those items maybe, but how can you justify the price they're asking for an avatar, an icon, picture (animated or not).

For those not able to enjoy the plush animals, there is the Ebay and other online options, I believe they ship globally. I use the Ebay and other online sources as the prices here in Miami are on the high end of what has been quoted in this thread. If virtual is the only option available to them, then limit the sales to outside of North America and make the price reflect the absence of a plush toy. Do not deny us pets such as the wolf or force us to pay a price equal to other Webkinz purely for profit motives as there is no reason we couldn't have a plush wolf here if Ganz were so inclined.

Well that's my opinion at least. I hate to see such real world money issues invade a sanctuary such as WW and I'm sorry to add to that through my venting. Please return to the fun and forget my ravings. ;-)

---------- phoenix100962 added 78 Minutes and 46 Seconds later ----------

Yep. It's true. I hoped it was for the international customers only, but the Grey Wolf is for sale here in the US as an exclusive Web Only pet for $12.50. And we are encouraged to be "the leader of the pack" by purchasing it. In other words, buy it so you can have a pet no one else is willing to buy without the plush so they'll feel pressured to buy one too.

Once a few start showing up, then it will be harder to "discuss" with your children why they can't have one too. This is not what a lot of us parents wanted to see come to one of the few truly nice places children can hangout on-line.

This alters the entire nature of the site. The premise was to own a plush animal with a virtual counterpart. Now just have the virtual avatar and skip the plush friend. It seems to shift the focus to older users. Sounds more and more like the sites that aren't as kid-friendly.

Also, Webkinz has been down the entire morning. What good is paying 12.50 for something you do not control access to and has so many "blackout" times for maintenance. My kids have already missed the events this morning and are about to miss a Wheel of Yum spin. Thats ok, they can wait, but if Ganz expects 12.50 for a web only pet, no one should be locked out from using it. Hence the flaw in giving in and buying the Wolf.

Ganz, do away with this marketing strategy and return to what made you famous and beloved. If you must have a virtual only line, price them much much much differently.

Last edited by phoenix100962; 07-23-2008 at 11:29 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
phoenix100962 is offline Male
Old 07-23-2008, 11:45 AM   #28
kiahlynn
kiahlynn is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting stand. I do agree that if you pay money for something it should be available when you want, however any one remotely familiar with Webkinz online knows that theses maintenance blackouts occur. Gee, if Webkinz is down, take our kid outside and spend some time with them instead of on the computer. $12.50 is pretty cheap, plus if you feel you have to purchase this for your child because he/she HAS to have one because everyone else does, then I think you have bigger issues than the price. Try having your child earn money through chores or other means to pay for it his/her self.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:50 AM   #29
Proud to be
Gifted

rockyosoccersox6 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was expecting something like this to happen. I dont really care though since i want the webkinz plushies. :\
Old 07-23-2008, 11:52 AM   #30
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

Yeah, if you're not even getting an animal, who wants to pay $12.50?
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: