Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-14-2008, 01:13 PM   #11
theblueeyz
Gifted
theblueeyz is on a distinguished road

Donation Award 
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Official Odds of Trading Card Series 2!

Hum. I am still reconsidering my decision to by Series 2 cards. That's alot of money and we already spent around $700 for Series 1 and I didn't even finish my sets. I opened 3 boxes to try to get ONE CARD and I didn't get it.

So, no thanks. I've had enough of being taken advantage of.

Ganz needs to know that making the odds lower might just force people to not buy them at all. Imagine all the people who don't read this forum who had a terrible experience with Series 1. They're not going to know that their odds improved from 15 boxes to 4. They'll simply bail out of the whole process.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2008, 01:14 PM   #12
princesshac
Gifted

shopaholic3100 is on a distinguished road

Thanks Justin. Wow 4 boxes seems like alot to finsh all of the themes and items. I was just wondering how much is one box going for right now?
Old 01-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #13
Webkinz :)
luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!luvwebbies is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by Gram2Four
Thank you so much for the info Justin, not sure if I am going to collect them all now. Took forever to collect them all on first series. Why is Ganz introducing so much at once, pets,cards, purses, stationary etc.? Don't they realize there are so many who can't afford all this at once. I have been reading all the posts and seeing children complaining that their parents won't let them buy anymore and others telling them to whine, cry etc. I can understand the childrens frustration but a parent can just do so much, there are other more important things in life that must be paid for first. Naturally children want everything that is popular, but in this instance I feel Ganz is going overboard with all the items. Webkinz is great as it has brought so many adults and children together with something they can share, but Ganz better slow down and work on the gliches first because they are losing customers fast and causing many family fights over all these new items.
I am so glad we have WI to get all the Webkinz info and everyone can post their opinions.
Hi Gram!!
I've been reading the same posts you have, I think! LOL

But I have to say, did you catch all the posts from young people who admitted that crying and whining and begging DID get their parents to buy them more things??

Believe me: Kids know how to play their parents. And some parents let themselves fall for it, hook, line, and sinker! (Why do you think credit card debt is so high in this country?? )

As for why GANZ is introducing so many new products all at once, I wonder the same thing. I'm afraid the market will be saturated...but who knows??

Anyway--this is Justin's thread, so I apologize for the rant. I always jump at the chance to 'chat' with another grandma, though!

I
luvwebbies is offline Female
Old 01-14-2008, 01:17 PM   #14
theblueeyz
Gifted
theblueeyz is on a distinguished road

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by shopaholic3100
Thanks Justin. Wow 4 boxes seems like alot to finsh all of the themes and items. I was just wondering how much is one box going for right now?
$110 per box at the stores where I live. Looks like they're going on eBay for about $130.
Old 01-14-2008, 01:36 PM   #15
Gift Guru

Redwings08 has a spectacular aura about

Ya!!!! Only about $500 to complete the set now!!! What a great deal!!! $500 for a few virtual prizes!!!! YA GANZ!!!! No thanks!!!

---------- Redwings08 added 9 Minutes and 31 Seconds later ----------

its funny!!! they cant fix glitches that have been going on for months and months!!! But look at them jump right on one that makes them more money!!!

Last edited by Redwings08; 01-14-2008 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-14-2008, 03:42 PM   #16
Gift Guru
jasminlana will become famous soon enough

I agree, 4 boxes to complete a set to win a virtual prize is too much. I think we should boycott the trading cards.

Although the odds are better than series 1 cards -- which I gave up on after buying over 100 packs of cards -- this is still way too much to spend for a virtual prize. I'm not that impressed with the prizes anyway. I may buy a few, but not the boxes I bought like on the 1st set. I'm not getting suckered in this time. And I think we should boycott and make them put the odds back the way they were. Why should only a lucky few get better odds just because they got the cards sooner than the rest of us. this is unfair.

I SAY WE BOYCOTT THE CARDS UNLESS AND UNTIL THEY PUT THE ODDS BACK THE WAY THEY WERE.

Thanks, Justin for the info.

Last edited by jasminlana; 01-14-2008 at 03:48 PM..
Old 01-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #17
Ask! :)
Gifted

midnite95 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for the info Justin. I am really upset that they are doing this. Many parents don't really care about Webinz and won't buy their children 4 boxes of trading cards to complete an online collection. My parents occasionally buy me a pack of trading cards, but I have to buy the rest. My parents don't really give ma allowance, so there is no way I can spend $450 dollars on silly trading cards. I was going to start an account with my friends so we could split the cost of 2 boxes of trading cards, but that was still a little expensive. How are we going to afford 4, maybe 5 boxes of trading cards? We are just kids.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #18
ilovecats20
Gift Guru

ilovecats20 will become famous soon enough

wow. i will not be buying that many packs! LOL!
ilovecats20 is offline Female
Old 01-14-2008, 04:39 PM   #19
Gift Guru

Freya is a creator of wonder
Freya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonderFreya is a creator of wonder

Thank you so much for the news!

Nope, not me, $400 for garden furniture, I don't think so. We would be super bummed with the small kc and w shop prizes. No more cards in this house.

I actually thought $100 was reasonable for 1 case and might have considered that. This is a major disappointment.
Freya is offline Female
Old 01-14-2008, 05:25 PM   #20
Gifted

itzdawns will become famous soon enough

I still don't get this system- I only opened 6 packs and already have duplicates in my basic deck cards...
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: