Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-02-2008, 04:18 PM   #21
pinkvolleyball96
Webkinz :)

pinkrainbow96 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: No Winner in WW Scavenger Hunt

i couldn't do the contest because i wasn't on webkinz world then ): do any of you know what the prizes would if been??????
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2008, 09:16 PM   #22
batman1105
Gift Guru

mommy2dk is just really nicemommy2dk is just really nice

Are they doing it again? it is under the current constest page on the newspaper, my son and i were all excited thinking this was new and about to start. we weren't here before march of this year.
mommy2dk is offline Female
Old 05-02-2008, 09:33 PM   #23
Kinzie2008
Gifted

Kinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant futureKinzie2008 has a brilliant future

Soooo, I bet the article saying all of Arte's things were returned was completed and posted just after all the submissions while GANZ was assuming someone would have figured it out. Maybe they should just rerun the same contest and add some more clues. We need something to keep us busy!
Kinzie
Kinzie2008 is offline Female
Old 05-02-2008, 10:02 PM   #24
binkybohboh
Gifted

binkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socksbinkybohboh rocks our collective socks

WI Subscriber

That contest drove me crazy. Every morning and evening,I would log on to WI . Just to see if DIXIECUP was on.. She/he had me really into the contest...I didnt enter the contest . I thought I was way off...The clue about all the Fruit(first letters led to a location) I thought It ment the fruitti hat.. And I couldent figure where Dr.Quack fit in... I know he BORROWED something... It was a lot of fun..I really thought someone from WI was going to win the contest. I know some WI members spent a lot of time trying... Its too bad,I bet we were close.
binkybohboh is offline Female
Old 05-02-2008, 10:26 PM   #25
Gasp! I'm GREEN!
Gift Guru

lotusfairy is just really nicelotusfairy is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by mom2tc
Hopefully they'll give us some easier clues next time. I wonder if they realize how many people who couldn't figure it out are over 30, lol.
Too funny! I know I couldn't!
lotusfairy is offline Female
Old 05-02-2008, 10:44 PM   #26

cgrumpyme is on a distinguished road

I know there are a lot of us out there over 20, 30, 40, etc (whatever we admit is our age lol), that play on Webkinz. Either because we like it or because we are trying to help our kids. But regardless, the sight is made for kids and the contest should be made for kids. So if adults are having problems solving it, then its pretty obvious its way too hard for our kids to solve.
Also, with everyone on different time zones and on different continents, then it shouldn't be the first one to get the answer in. It should be a random drawing from those with the correct answer and if there is none with the correct answer, it should be a random person who entered, but there should always be a winner. Come on its not like the prizes are real, the prizes are virtual and cost nothing, so something should be awarded. And those that entered, should have all gotten a prize for trying...even if it was only a bag of popcorn or a lollipop. They could have given out free spins on the wheel of wow coupons, or a montrosoupy or other unsolved recipe. Reward the kids for their efforts.
If you keep giving kids things to do and don't reward them for their efforts, eventually, they won't want to try anymore. And they should always post the answers. Always. How do kids learn and know if they were even close, if they never know what the answer was. In school, they always tell the kids the answer in the end, so that they can figure out where they went wrong and learn. And I do believe that's what Ganza tries to sell to the parents about the Webkinz, is that this is a learning educational site.
There are certain things, like these contest and the scratchy tickets, that I try to keep my kids away from, because noone ever wins, they spend more time on it than its worth. And in these instances they will not know the answer, so it will just bug them even longer.
Just my thoughts. Sorry.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:15 AM   #27
Gift Guru

meems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clownmeems47 is cool as a bunny clown

View Post Originally Posted by cgrumpyme
I know there are a lot of us out there over 20, 30, 40, etc (whatever we admit is our age lol), that play on Webkinz. Either because we like it or because we are trying to help our kids. But regardless, the sight is made for kids and the contest should be made for kids. So if adults are having problems solving it, then its pretty obvious its way too hard for our kids to solve.
Also, with everyone on different time zones and on different continents, then it shouldn't be the first one to get the answer in. It should be a random drawing from those with the correct answer and if there is none with the correct answer, it should be a random person who entered, but there should always be a winner. Come on its not like the prizes are real, the prizes are virtual and cost nothing, so something should be awarded. And those that entered, should have all gotten a prize for trying...even if it was only a bag of popcorn or a lollipop. They could have given out free spins on the wheel of wow coupons, or a montrosoupy or other unsolved recipe. Reward the kids for their efforts.
If you keep giving kids things to do and don't reward them for their efforts, eventually, they won't want to try anymore. And they should always post the answers. Always. How do kids learn and know if they were even close, if they never know what the answer was. In school, they always tell the kids the answer in the end, so that they can figure out where they went wrong and learn. And I do believe that's what Ganza tries to sell to the parents about the Webkinz, is that this is a learning educational site.
There are certain things, like these contest and the scratchy tickets, that I try to keep my kids away from, because noone ever wins, they spend more time on it than its worth. And in these instances they will not know the answer, so it will just bug them even longer.
Just my thoughts. Sorry.
First of all Love Your Name.
It describes how I feel right now knowing there is no winner. Every Scavanger hunt has a winner, the 0ne who finds the most items on the list.

I have to admit the process was satisfying and fun for me. But not finding out how close I was is annoying. I don't care if I wasn't even close, there is no closure without knowing.

So many people put a lot of effort into the contest. Many like Dixiecup went out of their way to help others, by organizing clues or sharing ideas. There was so much brainstorming going on we could have electrified a whole city. I had a blast running with theories and ideating winning strategies. But now I feel a little cheated. Oh well, it is just a game.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:46 AM   #28
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

I agree with many...I mean..just how many children even had a chance figuring it out if no adult could??...Come on Ganz..give the children a break...
TNVOLS is offline Female
Old 05-03-2008, 12:49 AM   #29
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by luvwebbies
You know what this means, don't you? He'll be more irritable than usual........!!!

LOL!

Thanks for the news, Justin!
Hee-hee, some people crack me up! Thanks again!
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 05-03-2008, 01:55 AM   #30

Ritzcracker is stuck on replay
Ritzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replayRitzcracker is stuck on replay

I've often thought that Ganz forgets who its target age group is. Many of the games and jobs are too hard for kids to do; for that matter, many of the games don't even appeal to kids, at least not mine. My son got bored with WW after a few months - he wants action games, not more card games. It does seem a bit ridiculous that not one in thousands of adults, let alone kids, could solve the scavenger hunt. I hope that's a wake up call for them.
Ritzcracker is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: