Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default BREAKING NEWS: New Winterfest Prize & Possible Timing Update

Written by FIA
Monday, 12 January 2009

Thank you to all of the members who notified us that the "empty" Winterfest Snowflake has been filled and is now awarding a Snowflake Rug. The Snowflake Rug is a brand new item for Winterfest.

Click the image to open in full size.

Also, we have been getting conflicting reports from members in our forum on the exact timing of the Snowflakes. Yesterday we reported to you that the Snowflakes were appearing on an "eleven minute schedule" meaning that every eleven minutes there was a chance that a Snowflake would float by. Today it appears that some accounts are getting still Snowflakes on the "eleven minute schedule" but others are getting them on the much quicker "six minute schedule" (meaning that every sixth minute there is a chance a Snowflake will float by). At this point we are not certain why some accounts are getting them closer together than others, but the members reporting this data are all using timers and recording their data carefully, so it seems clear that there is a difference.

So, what does this mean for you and your account? All we can advise is that you keep your eyes peeled, keep your clicking finger ready, and remember that Winterfest is a week-long event. Snowflakes will be flying by all of the way up until January 18th.
FIA is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2009, 11:39 AM   #2
icked Awesome
Webkinz :)

Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Winterfest Prize & Possible Timing Update

i have been writing down the time each time a flake floats by even if i miss it and sometimes it is 30-50 minutes between them.

it is really frustrating that so many people are getting them 6-11 minutes and a lot of us are barely getting anything
Melissa30067 is offline Female
Old 01-12-2009, 11:46 AM   #3
World's largest

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

I have been getting them anywhere from 20-25 minutes apart to waiting 50+ minutes with nothing. I don't get it.
Old 01-12-2009, 12:07 PM   #4

CanWeb is on a distinguished road

Wow, thanks for the update -
Old 01-12-2009, 12:31 PM   #5
AmericanBaronin
Gifted

KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!KeyLargo is not just visiting!

I was in my account and checking out 2 others {all U.S.} and after 50 minutes nothing.
KeyLargo is offline Female
Old 01-12-2009, 01:59 PM   #6
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

i finally got the rug.... and it is BIG!!
i got it on one of my european accounts and it was like all of a the flakes were coming very often. i went to my american acount and it wa basically 6 min intervals.
thanks fia or the info.
miss spots is offline Female
Old 01-12-2009, 02:49 PM   #7

ImAustrian is on a distinguished road

At least I don't seem to be alone in the LONG wait for snowflakes. Not that I wish it on anybody else, but I really thought I was the only one that wasn't getting a 6 - 11 minute interval.

I have 2 accounts that haven't had a single snowflake show up yet. I was on those accounts for a good long time, too. And the few snowflakes I have caught, were mostly food items.

I wonder why it's so different for everyone? Seems a little unfair from Ganz to not make it equal for everyone.

This is my first Winterfest, so I was looking really forward to it! Now I'm just a bit frustrated and sad.

Oh, BTW, I'm new here. Looking forward to having a lot of fun with this forum.

I still have to figure out how to do the signature and stuff, so please be patient.

---------- ImAustrian added 6 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

It's been 24 minutes now and still nothing on two different accounts. I can only manage to get 2 accounts up on one computer using Firefox for one and IE for the other.

How are some people getting up to 4 accounts up on a single computer? If you know, please share. I'd greatly appreciate it.

Last edited by ImAustrian; 01-12-2009 at 02:49 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
ImAustrian is offline Female
Old 01-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #8
hee! I'm a
Gift Guru

Bananagoil is a name known to allBananagoil is a name known to allBananagoil is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by ImAustrian
At least I don't seem to be alone in the LONG wait for snowflakes. Not that I wish it on anybody else, but I really thought I was the only one that wasn't getting a 6 - 11 minute interval.

I have 2 accounts that haven't had a single snowflake show up yet. I was on those accounts for a good long time, too. And the few snowflakes I have caught, were mostly food items.

I wonder why it's so different for everyone? Seems a little unfair from Ganz to not make it equal for everyone.

This is my first Winterfest, so I was looking really forward to it! Now I'm just a bit frustrated and sad.

Oh, BTW, I'm new here. Looking forward to having a lot of fun with this forum.

I still have to figure out how to do the signature and stuff, so please be patient.

---------- ImAustrian added 6 Minutes and 45 Seconds later ----------

It's been 24 minutes now and still nothing on two different accounts. I can only manage to get 2 accounts up on one computer using Firefox for one and IE for the other.

How are some people getting up to 4 accounts up on a single computer? If you know, please share. I'd greatly appreciate it.
I'm Austrian - most of the folks I know that have a couple of screens open are using Firefox (open a browser, log into webkinz, close the background browser page, open a new browser, repeat). There are other ways to do it but that's the fastest and easiest to explain, LOL!
Now for the bad news: I and a couple of other folks I know have been getting browser freezes with multiple windows open. So that means closing everything out at times and reopening - serious, serious annoyance!
Also - I have some accounts that don't seem to even know what a snowflake is so most recently I was using my US acct., my niece's US acct., and a euro acct (seem to be able to open 3 screens without a freeze at the moment). My nephew's US acct - no flakes. 3 Asian accts. - no flakes. And the servers seem to freeze every once in awhile and when it unfreezes the timing starts from that point, which throws the timing off. Had some at 6 on 2 accounts, and what seemed like 6 or 11 on the other.
Just call it wacky winterfest, LOL! My first winterfest too and NOT getting a whole bunch o' flakes, here! Easy to see why the kids eventually get frustrated and give up on webkinz! (My niece and nephew were soooo disillusioned with Fallfast issues and no leaves that they've barely registered Winterfest.)
Old 01-12-2009, 03:19 PM   #9

bigtoe has a spectacular aura about

I feel so bad for the people who aren't seeing a lot of snowflakes.

My snowflakes have consistently been coming every 6 minutes. In the last hour or so I've won the wool scarf jacket, peppermint snowflake, egg nog, and the googles ice sculpture.

Good luck everyone!
bigtoe is offline Female
Old 01-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #10
uv Deluxies
Gifted

lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness
lemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicnesslemony is epic beyond epicness

arrgh you think we would have learned from fall fest..................seems every 50 min here
lemony is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: