Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   BREAKING NEWS: New WW Account Creation Updated for International Customers (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/breaking-news-new-webkinz-world-account-466803/)

FIA02-07-2009 06:34 PM

BREAKING NEWS: New WW Account Creation Updated for International Customers

Written by FIA
Saturday, 07 February 2009

Thank you to Webkinz Insider member jdvk for calling our attention to the new account creation options in Webkinz World. It appears that Ganz has updated the process to make it more user friendly for customers living outside of the US and Canada. For customers living inside the US and Canada, and for those who already have a pet code, there is little change. These customers are either directed to Ms. Birdy in the Adoption Center or to a searchable list of American and Canadian Webkinz retailers.

Customers living outside of the US and Canada who do not yet have a pet code are now directed to the Webkinz eStore where they can purchase a pet code online, without the plushie. As many of you know, international customers have different options in the Webkinz eStore than American and Canadian customers. They can purchase pet codes throughout the week, and on Saturdays and Sundays they can even purchase figurine codes. The Webkinz eStore allows customers who may not have access to Webkinz plushie retailers to buy codes and get into the game.

Dogluver62002-07-2009 06:37 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: New WW Account Creation Updated for International Customers

This is really cool! I just tried it and it works!

miss spots02-07-2009 07:05 PM

this is really awesome..... it will help a lot of people.

thanks for the newz FIA.

loganace3302-07-2009 07:15 PM

I just checked this out, and I did not see an option to buy figures. Where are they on the e-store link for outside the US and Canada?

Ferf02-07-2009 10:16 PM

If your language is set to something outside of the US and Canada, there should be a link on the left side of the page. However, when I clicked on the link from the login page, it brought up a window that would not scroll. The figure link is about halfway down the list of links on the left. If you can't see the Figures or Plush links, you can try going to the estore and just changing your language. I did that and was able to see all the options.

loganace3302-08-2009 02:21 PM

Ok, I got in using your method, but I still can't buy the figures because my home address is in the US. Any ideas on how to get them from the e-store without moving?

TNVOLS02-09-2009 08:04 AM

Thanks for the update FIA!!..Glad to see Ganz is making an effort for those outside NA..

gomommu4102-09-2009 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loganace33 (Post 12907540)
Ok, I got in using your method, but I still can't buy the figures because my home address is in the US. Any ideas on how to get them from the e-store without moving?

Just an idea. When I want to take a peak at what is in estore before the American date I change the location in estore to an Asian or Euro country and am able to see what is on in advance. Have you tried doing that? You may be able to buy then.

loganace3302-09-2009 10:08 AM

I can see everything in the e-store. It is a matter of processing to buy the items. When I put in my home address for billing purposes, it automatically says I can't purchase the figures. So, short of lying where I live or moving to a foreign country (both of which i do not want to do) there is no point at looking at the figures if in you live in the US and Canada. I think Ganz should sell the figures at their e-store. They are 1.00 to 1.50 cheaper at the e-store.