Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 12:38 AM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default BREAKING NEWS: New Trade Room Feature Message

Written by FIA
Wednesday, 07 January 2009

It appears that the new Trade Room feature has been added to Webkinz World. Thank you to all of our members for sharing pictures from their accounts of the "Uneven Trade" warning. If you encounter this message on your account, you still have the option to continue with the trade. Just like before, the final decision on what items you are going to exchange is up to you. This just gives you an extra chance to look at the trade again to see if you think it is fair.

At this point, however, we have not been able to determine what forumula Ganz is using to determine that a trade may be "uneven". For example, if you attempt to exchange an Exclusive item for a wShop food, the warning does NOT pop up. Many of our members are hard at work "testing" the system, setting up and canceling out of trades with friends, to see if they can figure it out.

Remember, the feature allowing you to see the names of the items the other person is offering has been added back into Webkinz World. Just "hover" your mouse pointer over the item to have the name pop up. If you need help figuring out what an item is, check out Webkinz Insider's Alphabetic Listing of Webkinz World Items: http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/...z-t311375.html

Click the image to open in full size.
FIA is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2009, 03:14 AM   #2
Gifted

boopi has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: New Trade Room Feature Message

Oh, I wish I could see all those scammers faces when that message pops up. And when they realize that we can see all these fabulous, extremely rare items are actually just Chef Gazpachos creations and wshop items. I want to go on thetrading room now just to see what they'll do. Thanks ganz and thank you too FIA!
boopi is offline Female
Old 01-08-2009, 05:21 AM   #3
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

This thrills me to NO end I have been hoping that we would be able to stem the tide of 'abusers' on the site and this puts in a governor...of sorts The fact that we now have the ability to view what the person is trading TO us is a good beginning. I have to wonder what Ganz uses as a system of values, though. Especially if they think that an exclusive item is comparable value to a recipe food
Dixiecup is offline Female
Old 01-08-2009, 06:00 AM   #4
Gifted

Chariac is a jewel in the roughChariac is a jewel in the rough

I love this. I went to trade some stuff between me and my daughter that appeared way off value because I was trading her 10 items (7 by kinzpost and 3 by trading room) for her one item. I got the message that it was an unfair trade which was fine with us because we knew what we were doing.. but I have been in the trading room so often and seen cheaters and scammers in there!! I've even pointed out WIGEV values to them and still had them try to tell me their item was way more valuable. I won't let my girls trade in the trading room without me nearby. This makes me feel better about letting them trade.
Chariac is offline Female
Old 01-08-2009, 06:16 AM   #5
Webkinz :)

shellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clownshellwcross is cool as a bunny clown

They may have rated items by how easy they are to get. Exclusive item are pretty easy to get, you just adopt a pet. And now you can even collect Wish Tokens to get them. Other items are much harder to get. Also, all items sell for a certain price at the W-Shop. You may be surprised to find that most Exclusive items are not very valuable there. If they use the W-Shop sell price as a guide, many W-Shop items would be worth much more than any Exclusive item.

For those testing the system, you might want to consider the W-Shop sale price into your calculations. Enjoy your testing, and I can't wait to see the results.
shellwcross is offline Female
Old 01-08-2009, 07:09 AM   #6
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

with this little notification in place, it makes it a bit better to think of giong to the trade room.

i may take a moment to try it again and see what happens. i have stayed away because of the scammers.
miss spots is offline Female
Old 01-08-2009, 07:23 AM   #7
Diabetes Awareness

RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!

I agree with shellwcross. I was wondering if they would go by the resale value at the w-shop. I would not try to scam somebody, but I have made trades that may look like that if they base it on this. Most people consider a jar of super jellybeans worth quite a bit, but I think their resale is only about 100 kinzcash. I would never trade them for something that is only worth 100 kinzcash.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:50 AM   #8
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Glad to see this message has actually been shown now..hope it helps people to avoid some of those nasty scammers!!
TNVOLS is offline Female
Old 01-08-2009, 11:20 AM   #9
Diabetes Awareness

RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!RajahDT4 is the cats pajamas!

I was wrong about the resale value of a jar of super jellybeans. They only sell for 25 kinzcash. I also saw on some other threads that it does go by the resale value of the items. I think that is going to be a problem because that isn't really what something is worth. I know there is no way I would trade my jellybeans for something worth 25 kinzcash.
Old 01-11-2009, 05:26 PM   #10
and lovin' it!
Gift Guru

Pubob03 is a splendid one to beholdPubob03 is a splendid one to beholdPubob03 is a splendid one to beholdPubob03 is a splendid one to behold

I don't think it goes by sale value. More like value; i.e. exclusives are valuable. I traded my Propeller Plane and POTM Wall Medal for a Fancy Fountain Rare, around 3,000 KC; and got the message. The other trader had a little of a better deal, but I wouldn't say it was "UNFAIR"....so my guess is anything reitred, seasonal, exclusive, POTM, PSI, etc. is worth more than rares.

---------- Pubob03 added 1 Minutes and 28 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by boopi
Oh, I wish I could see all those scammers faces when that message pops up. And when they realize that we can see all these fabulous, extremely rare items are actually just Chef Gazpachos creations and wshop items. I want to go on thetrading room now just to see what they'll do. Thanks ganz and thank you too FIA!
I think only the person who's giving up their bigger items get the message, the person w/ lesser-valued items do not (I think).

Last edited by Pubob03; 01-11-2009 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Pubob03 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: