Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2008, 08:46 PM   #51
oot woot! I'm
Gifted

catlover013 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: New System For Naming Rooms

I have mixed feelings about this also. Now we don't have to guess what is allowed and what isn't, but it is still quite limited to what you can name a room. This is so frustrating, they make something better, but only half way. Is Ganz trying to test our limits?!?!?!
catlover013 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-2008, 08:39 AM   #52
nettne
Webkinz :)

nettne is a glorious beacon of lightnettne is a glorious beacon of lightnettne is a glorious beacon of light

I do not care for this new room naming at all. I was very happy with the way things were. I have room names to go with what/who is in them. there should be the option to type in what we want ! I am the only person who sees my room map so why does it matter what we name them as long as we can find our pets. Webster's dictionary is standard English language, and should be acceptable for choosing words ! Ganz is taking the creativity of room designing away by doing this- why bother making rooms special if they are all named the same. (what, should we have 20 storage rooms ?) I have 100 pets on one account & my Pet's house is huge & there aren't even enough choices for naming & most of my pets share rooms, or I wouldn't be able to get them there cool room themes & stuff. Why not leave well enough alone, why mess with what's not broken?? Just Fix the issues that don't work, like kinzchat, so everyone can play ! or the fact of not even being able to play tournaments with out kinzphone turning off. I Haven't Been Able to Connect Properly Or Visit Friends For 8 Months, THEY HAVE ALL QUIT WW due to the programming issues and ganz costumer service rudeness. It is Very sad ! The room naming drop down stinks, If I want to put carrots in a "carrot garden" I should be able to. ALSO IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE-WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO NAME OUR PETS WHAT WE WANT, NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE THINKS(except for cuss words of course), WHO cares that "CLAIR "has a "la" in it -get real that is just absolutly rediculous !

---------- nettne added 7 Minutes and 0 Seconds later ----------

help us , what do you like about it ?? your post was tooo short, no explanation or things that you have found to benefit more then a 10 pet home. have you found a way to make it work for you ? tell us Please

Last edited by nettne; 09-10-2008 at 08:39 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
nettne is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 10:58 PM   #53
klb1010 / 38specialk
Gift Guru

klb1010 is the cats pajamas!klb1010 is the cats pajamas!klb1010 is the cats pajamas!klb1010 is the cats pajamas!klb1010 is the cats pajamas!klb1010 is the cats pajamas!

The new naming system REALLY cuts down on your creativity! I don't care for it at all! I can't switch rooms around without totally messing up the names now, whereas before it was OK to rewrite the room titles. It is VERY frustrating...I'm with those who are opposed!

Thanks for listening,
~klb1010
klb1010 is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 11:53 PM   #54

grandmakinghorn is an unknown quantity at this point

The newe naming system STINKS!!!
Very limiting.... this is a letter that I sent to the Webkinz Support support@webkinz.com
How about we all send one....

We find the new way of naming rooms very limiting....
how about offering both options...
the original way and the new way for newbies or young webbies...
My grandchildren and I had a chance to be very creative in naming the rooms...
you have taken away that opportunity with this simple method...
Please allow us to create out own names...

Thanks... A Canadian Grandma of 4 and 120 webkinz... that makes for a lot of rooms...

Some of my favorite rooms are:

Patio
Serenity Garden
Sun Fun Beach
Fun Clouds
Natures Nest
Cash Crop
Wings and Things
Garden of Wonder
Berry Patch
Corn Maze
Cabbage Carrot Patch
Farmyard
Pumpkin and Watermelon Patch

Grandmas Flower Garden
Grandmas Rest Room
Grandmas Kitchen
Grandmas Special Place

Girls Fun Room
Mouse Manor
Reading and Music Room
Arts and Crafts Room
Video Centre
Baseball Park
Girls Pink Pad
Lions Cave
Horse Stalls
Wild Jungle
School Class RoomPoodle Palace
Sweet Pink Pad
Jungle
The Cove
Party Place
Prizes and Awards
Happy Room
Car Test Track
Golf Course
Garage
Candy Sweet Shop
Boys Fun Room
Girls Bathroom No Boys
Lost in Space
Science Lab
Webkinz Waterpark
Igloo
Big Green Team
Sports Spot
Throne Room
At the Beach
Lizards Lounge
Wild Wild Kids
Goldies Pond
Etc. Etc.

Please give us back our naming rights.... sk & kids

:kanga: etc. etc.
grandmakinghorn is offline Female
Old 09-25-2008, 12:07 AM   #55

jaguar0437 is a jewel in the roughjaguar0437 is a jewel in the rough

I too REALLY DISLIKE the new naming system. I mean, come on Ganz, who is your customer base? We are! Who buys the products? We do! What do you think will happen if you start limiting our creativity and making stricter rules? People will protest and most likely buy less Webkinz! Is that good for the bottom line? NO!

Another issue I have is with the naming restrictions! I find this very discouraging and WILL NOT be buying more Webkinz if I cannot name them what I want. What is wrong with Lady? Alanna? Nanook? Ban curse words and inappropriate words from both naming rooms and naming pets, and give us back our creativity!

When children are younger, they need to have the chance to expand their horizons and be creative. When you place these tight restrictions, it only dampens the creative mind. Ganz needs to give the power back to the people, if we are willing to spend the money on new Webkinz, we should be able to control our own rooms and pets.

Thank you for your time
Old 09-25-2008, 12:11 AM   #56
Gift Guru

Lizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant futureLizzy has a brilliant future

I would like the option of turning the room naming thing off. I enjoyed making rooms...but not now. I don't want my bank, movie theater, and pizza parlor ALL to be named general purpose room...I won't be able to tell which is which.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:52 AM   #57
LiveLoveLaughPray

LiveLoveLaugh is on a distinguished road

I don't understand why there always has to be a negative when something good is added. ??? I think it's great that we can finally use our pet's names; but why should we have to be limited to a small group of terms that Ganz has deemed acceptable in addition to those names? If there is already a filter on the names and words (KinzChat) then we should be allowed to use our pet's names in conjunction with any other acceptable word. I, for one will not be purchasing any new rooms until they come up with a better solution. Thanks for letting me voice my opinion.
LiveLoveLaugh is offline Female
Old 10-01-2008, 08:43 PM   #58
Gifted

crodler is on a distinguished road

I sort of agree, except my feelings are not mixed. I HATE the new naming scheme! Like many others have expressed, I too name rooms according to theme such as Halloween 06, Halloween 07, Xmas 08, Ancient, Egyptian, etc. I'm not at all happy about this. I didn't see much wrong with the language filters. And if someone did get away with somehow getting around the filters and calling their room "****", so what? Add it to the filter and move on. Why ruin it for the rest of us?

Regardless, thank you for the news, Justin.
crodler is offline Female
Old 10-02-2008, 01:59 PM   #59

MetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud ofMetalMama has much to be proud of

I agree. I HATE HATE HATE the new naming system. My kids were VERY frustrated when we discovered this.
MetalMama is offline Female
Old 10-03-2008, 09:48 AM   #60

BoSox is on a distinguished road

I prefer the old way.
BoSox is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: