Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-07-2008, 08:16 AM   #41
ave
Banned
ave is a WI addict!
ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!ave is a WI addict!

Donation Award 
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: New System For Naming Rooms

Great feature- I do agree with this. Thanks for the updates. =]
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-2008, 08:55 AM   #42
hy not become a
Gift Guru

Robmomm has disabled reputation

Donation Award 

What I would like to see is the option to turn this feature off, kind of like we have the option of turning off non-webkinz related ads. That way everyone would be satisfied. Those of us who prefer theme names could do the same as we used to, and those who like to do it the new way could.
Robmomm is offline Female
Old 09-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #43
Peace to all
Webkinz :)

JennaBee is just really niceJennaBee is just really nice

I'm not really in favor of this change---it feels limiting on creativity. Only two words? it is not showing up on my account yet. I guess my "Guest" Rooms need to be bought now before it does. Bummer.
Old 09-07-2008, 03:57 PM   #44

02dawn is an unknown quantity at this point

Thats great! Thanks for the update!
02dawn is offline Female
Old 09-07-2008, 04:53 PM   #45
Gifted

junwil is a splendid one to beholdjunwil is a splendid one to beholdjunwil is a splendid one to beholdjunwil is a splendid one to behold

I love it.
junwil is offline Female
Old 09-07-2008, 05:33 PM   #46
Thank you Canada!!

WEBKINZREADY is on a distinguished road

I love robmomm's idea about turning it off. I want to name my rooms what i want, not what they suggest. I wanted to make a costume dressing room. That is not an option now. It's frustrating because not all my rooms are for a pet to sleep in.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #47

Lassie59 will become famous soon enough

That is way cool. I will miss naming my rooms. But GREAT JOB Ganz, that is another awesome way to make Webkinz safer.
Lassie59 is offline Female
Old 09-08-2008, 01:37 AM   #48

StormJourney is on a distinguished road

It had the makings of a great idea, but it is WAY too limited in my opinion. You have even less naming options than before. I for one severely dislike this new method. Maybe if they expanded the word list, it'd be better. I don't know if it would be possible, but I'd like a sort of auto-complete feature, where you start typing a name for a room, and it would drop down to a (much expanded) list of possible, allowed words. I have one room where I keep all my clothes. Could I name it Closet? No. Wardrobe? No. Dressing room? Negative. So I ended up having to go with The Store. Which I can live with, seeing as you "store" your clothes there :p But for me, the old method still allowed you more freedom.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:23 PM   #49
NanaAboo
Gifted

Aboo will become famous soon enough

I very much dislike this. It makes your choices VERY limited. I wanted to make a hospital after I got 2 Dr. Quack's beds from TC3 but now I can't because "Hospital" is not an option.

I also wanted to make a room just to store my clothes in and name it "Closet". Again I can't because it's not an option.

Please return it to us being able to name our own rooms!
Aboo is offline Female
Old 09-08-2008, 06:39 PM   #50
Vegan +
Gift Guru

Livi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond reputeLivi has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the news, Justin
I love how we can name our rooms after our pets now.. but I think only having the ability to pick a room name is a little too overprotective.
Livi is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: