Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #31
Good Luck Chefs!!
Webkinz :)

AChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guide

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: New System For Naming Rooms

View Post Originally Posted by Phoebe's Mom
I have REALLY mixed feelings about this. I have my "Polar Express" room for all my arctic animals; my Medieval Room; my Ancient Civ Room; my Kooky Scientist room, etc. I'd almost rather play with the censors than be limited to "Vixen's Room" etc. I have four veggie/fruit gardens, a Formal Garden, a Play yard, etc. Somehow I think we'll wind up with a confusing mess trying to remember what is what.

I have to agree with you phoebe's mom, I emptied out a room today and forgot about the
drop box, I think I would rather play around with trying to find a word that fits than the
few options they have given us. Hopefully soon they will add some more options.
AChip is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2008, 09:56 PM   #32
chuhulil

chuhulil is a name known to allchuhulil is a name known to allchuhulil is a name known to all

Thanks for the update Justin. I will try it out later.
chuhulil is offline Female
Old 09-05-2008, 10:54 PM   #33
momtofaye is a name known to allmomtofaye is a name known to allmomtofaye is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by AChip
I have to agree with you phoebe's mom, I emptied out a room today and forgot about the
drop box, I think I would rather play around with trying to find a word that fits than the
few options they have given us. Hopefully soon they will add some more options.
Maybe they could keep the drop down menu and then also give us the option to type in our own name if we don't like their choices. The best of both worlds! Between the accounts my family has we have 120 pets online and we all hate the new naming system. We would never be able to work with it the way it is now because we have rooms with several pets in them and they are named by theme or by the type of pet that occupies the room. We've had very little trouble naming our rooms and I think being creative with the room names is part of the fun.
momtofaye is offline Female
Old 09-06-2008, 12:27 AM   #34
sallycinderella

gracedarling is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm afraid I really hate the limitations of this new system! It completely stifles creativity ... and doesn't even allow us to name our rooms after the basic themes, for example.

I get where ganz were coming from with this, but I think it was a mistake.

I was thinking, couldn't we get together and create a list of suggestions to add to the list they have given us?? Things like 'The Lab', for example?? Maybe if it was done all of us together, they might hear us??
Old 09-06-2008, 07:08 AM   #35
MsRockStarr

Mom2MsKitty is on a distinguished road

I do NOT like the new room naming feature. It is too limiting.
Mom2MsKitty is offline Female
Old 09-06-2008, 01:03 PM   #36

Maeffy is on a distinguished road

I too HATE the new naming system. I agree that they should have a button where you can CHOOSE to name it your self and deal w/ the filter & then 1 button to use pull down menu. They should also let up on the word restrictions because we should certainly be able to name rooms after WEBKINZ / GANZ named themes etc.. ALL my kids and myself name gardens, car room, series 1 furniture room, series 2 furniture room, series 3 condo room, stuff to trade room, Wizard room, Strawberry money garden etc..

This stinks
Maeffy is offline Female
Old 09-06-2008, 01:38 PM   #37
Aoi, aoi, ano sora..

xPandaLoverx is on a distinguished road

How come people like this feature?!
I HATE IT! Ganz is so unfair! They've stripped us of our freedom!
xPandaLoverx is offline Female
Old 09-06-2008, 03:30 PM   #38
Gift Guru

vanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talentvanvan20 has lots of talent

View Post Originally Posted by Phoebe's Mom
I have REALLY mixed feelings about this. I have my "Polar Express" room for all my arctic animals; my Medieval Room; my Ancient Civ Room; my Kooky Scientist room, etc. I'd almost rather play with the censors than be limited to "Vixen's Room" etc. I have four veggie/fruit gardens, a Formal Garden, a Play yard, etc. Somehow I think we'll wind up with a confusing mess trying to remember what is what.
I agree 100%
vanvan20 is offline Female
Old 09-06-2008, 03:45 PM   #39
e Love

momskinz is the bees knees!momskinz is the bees knees!momskinz is the bees knees!momskinz is the bees knees!momskinz is the bees knees!momskinz is the bees knees!momskinz is the bees knees!

We name our rooms based on the theme - sometimes they are silly or funny, but it is personalized. I DO NOT like this change at all!

"The Galaxy" has the space theme, star blaster, and pets Luke, Leia, and Force . . .

"Never Land" has the pirate theme with Hook, Smee, Nana, and Wendy and Peter Pan soon to join them . . .

There are so many features that they could add, instead they took away some of our freedom and creativity.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #40
cheekygranny

boograndma is on a distinguished road

Hoping they come up with a better way - this new system is too limiting. They need more options to pick from.
boograndma is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: