Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-05-2008, 10:04 AM   #11
sherispets
Gifted

sherispets has a spectacular aura about

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: New System For Naming Rooms

I too am on the fence because I have a mansion of about 80 rooms or so and limiting my names to such a few will become so confusing. I hope they come up with a better option.
sherispets is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2008, 10:13 AM   #12
MysticRDS
Webkinz :)

MysticRDS is on a distinguished road

Bummer!!! I rarely had problems naming my rooms and would rather go through the censorship than the very limited options in the new system.
NONE of my rooms are named after any of my pets. I have a Dog Room for all my dogs, a cat room for all of my cats and I also have themed rooms, Ice room, music room etc. The new system would not allow me to keep ANY of my room names. I also have several gardens, a carrot, cabbage, corn etc. Here is hoping they come up with something better or go back to the old way!
MysticRDS is offline Female
Old 09-05-2008, 10:19 AM   #13

Jayne will become famous soon enough

We can't have a Holiday Room or a Halloween Room...I can't name my yard a yard...I have to name it a garden...I have one garden...and multiple yards...this will confuse my friends who baby-sit my webbies when I go away.
Jayne is offline Female
Old 09-05-2008, 11:53 AM   #14
IttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roost

IttyGirl will not like this. She is very creative with naming her rooms. For instance, she just made a Chef's Thinking Room for her pet who is currently exploring the culinary arts. This is too bad.

Mom of IttyGirl2

Fiero, Chef

---------- IttyGirl2 added 2 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

Hey, I also realized that this effects MY room. Mom's Designer Room is my place that I can decorate. Next door we have a Bunk Room so all the pets can nap together.

Last edited by IttyGirl2; 09-05-2008 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-05-2008, 12:08 PM   #15
dustysky34
Gift Guru

dustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonderdustysky wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

Yuck, why did they mess with this ..... boooo
dustysky is offline Female
Old 09-05-2008, 02:03 PM   #16

Tobyskitten is an unknown quantity at this point

If you name your pet after a character in a movie or cartoon the filter won't let you use it. Which has upset my kids quite a bit. Couldn't use Nemo or Ariel
Tobyskitten is offline Female
Old 09-05-2008, 06:19 PM   #17
Wildwood

Wildwood is an unknown quantity at this point

I for one am relieved! This has been a thorn in the side for some time. My daughter and I went in and fixed all the room names this morning. Now the bedrooms read "Rocky's Bedroom, Oreo's bedroom" ect. I think they did a good job. I really took care of the problem. There's also a nice wide rage of room names. Kudo's to GANZ!!
Wildwood is offline Female
Old 09-05-2008, 06:25 PM   #18
Ibehere because I'm
Gifted

Ibehere has much to be proud ofIbehere has much to be proud ofIbehere has much to be proud ofIbehere has much to be proud ofIbehere has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by MysticRDS
Bummer!!! I rarely had problems naming my rooms and would rather go through the censorship than the very limited options in the new system.
NONE of my rooms are named after any of my pets. I have a Dog Room for all my dogs, a cat room for all of my cats and I also have themed rooms, Ice room, music room etc. The new system would not allow me to keep ANY of my room names. I also have several gardens, a carrot, cabbage, corn etc. Here is hoping they come up with something better or go back to the old way!
I agree with you 100%. I rarely had a problem naming my rooms. I don't want them named after my pets. Some of my rooms have several pets in them. I like my rooms to have theme names.
Please give us back some freedom Ganz!!!!!!!
Ibehere is offline Female
Old 09-05-2008, 06:36 PM   #19
Gift Trainee

magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!magicw is the cats pajamas!

The new system of renaming rooms absolutely stinks! Practically no choices at all! I like to name my rooms after the room themes, like Condo Room or Atlantis Room. Of course the word "Atlantis" was never allowed. Neither was the word "Chapel." Go figure. This is a major downgrade in my opinion. Please allow us the freedom to choose names and just ban foul language and the like.
magicw is offline Female
Old 09-05-2008, 07:02 PM   #20
My dog likes

Tango is just really niceTango is just really nice

I don't think this is good. It limits your creativity, which, in my opinion, can actually be bad for kids, cause then they don't get a chance to THINK. Thanking is good for them, coming up with cool names requiers thinking, and creativity, and if they have lots of rooms, it may even help them increase their creativity. With this, you can't name them anything. And if you speak a different language, you can't put it in spanish, or whatever. I think Ganz is getting too strict. It's good to be safe, I agree that they should have limits to what you can name the rooms. But this? This is just limiting you. I'd much rather try finding room names that are allowed than be limited to so little. Plus, I only had trouble with room names twice. I bought a garden, and named it garden. But then i thought, since i have a lil' named Eve, it would be cool to name it the garden of Eden. It wouldn't let me but that was OK. I didn't mind. The second time i tried to name my library, library, but it wouldn't let me, so i named it book room. Not convenient, but that was OK too. Out of about 16 rooms, I only had trouble twice. Plus, one of my yards is called the Flower Garden. That's better than August's garden (August's room is the garden). This is my opinion, of course, maybe some people really had trouble getting names that were allowed.
Tango is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: