Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 08:37 AM   #11
icked Awesome
Webkinz :)

Melissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant futureMelissa30067 has a brilliant future

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: New "Inappropriate Username" Notice

I saw a message that was the same colors as this flash before I even put in my username. Ive seen it a couple of times since the update, but It goes so fast I couldnt see what it said. I just know it is the same colors like this one. and like I said it was before I even put in my username, so I am not sure. I dont think there should be anything wrong with Eyecandykid....but who knows with Ganz!
Melissa30067 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #12
Dreaming of Webkinz
Gifted

rifraf is an unknown quantity at this point

I was wondering what was flashing when I click for the screen to log in. Now I know. Thanks!
rifraf is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 11:21 AM   #13

CanWeb is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the news - hope that it is not as restrictive as the Room Naming convensions.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:31 PM   #14

Maeffy is on a distinguished road

I find this SILLY. The naming of a pet or account is screened / filtered during the sign up registration process and the adoption process.

was told my during a phone call from GANZ about 7 days ago, that they had a great "glitch" in their naming filter and that they were working on this.. that it was limiting too much. This was in response to my mentioning that on My own account in the NONE seen by anyone, when I had to type in my REAL NAME, it had a fit & wouldn't allow it.. so I had to make up some stupid pretend name just to open my account. I also mentioned that they should fix the format process when a person has to register / adopt a new "suprise" (unknown species) pet from trading cards that we should be able to see WHAT it is before when have to give it a name. I also complained about the new room naming limitations.

I have NOT seen any innappropriate names in WW.. I am on everyday usually & in TR etc..
Maeffy is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 04:17 PM   #15
PandaandKoalaFanatic
Gifted

Panda Fan will become famous soon enough

That happened 2 me when I logged out yesterday. I wondered what it was. Do u think PandaandKoalaFanatic is inappropriate?♥
Panda Fan is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 04:49 PM   #16
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

That is interesting.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:00 PM   #17
dixie8123

webkinzrule8123 has disabled reputation

View Post Originally Posted by Rage74
I'm gonna hazard a guess that my name, "Rage", isn't going to pass WW's test. After all, I tried to name my Leopard Lizard "Larry" and it was refused.

However, correct me if I'm wrong...but you don't often see a username's full username, do you? Don't they always say "User [1st 3 letters of name] with [full pet name] won the bingo!" or something like that? I always thought it was to prevent other people from taking the username and trying to hack the account.

Unless it's something new for the "My Page" thing. Do they display the full name there of people who are not your "friends"?
Rage74 i named my spotted frog Larry (because he was fat) and it was fine
webkinzrule8123 is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 05:21 PM   #18
University Duck

View Post Originally Posted by Rage74
I'm gonna hazard a guess that my name, "Rage", isn't going to pass WW's test. After all, I tried to name my Leopard Lizard "Larry" and it was refused.

However, correct me if I'm wrong...but you don't often see a username's full username, do you? Don't they always say "User [1st 3 letters of name] with [full pet name] won the bingo!" or something like that? I always thought it was to prevent other people from taking the username and trying to hack the account.

Unless it's something new for the "My Page" thing. Do they display the full name there of people who are not your "friends"?
You're right, they only use the first three letters of your name with the pet's full name. If you send a letter or package through kinz post, though, your full user name is displayed.
Old 10-17-2008, 05:47 PM   #19
Diabetes Awareness
Gift Guru

bangkokyankee knows the way
bangkokyankee knows the waybangkokyankee knows the way

thanks for posting this - I saw the message pass so fast I couldn't even read it lol

but today I logged in and got nothing - guess I'm not inappropriate any more
Old 10-17-2008, 05:48 PM   #20

cynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clowncynthi1234 is cool as a bunny clown

wow..really? that hasn't happened to me before, so ill keep an eye out.
thx, Justin!
cynthi1234 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: