Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 12:40 AM   #1
rleong

Justin has disabled reputation

Arrow BREAKING NEWS: New "Inappropriate Username" Notice

We have been receiving scattered reports of a new message popping up during the log-in sequence on some Webkinz World accounts.* In all cases, the message disappears quickly, and so far no one has had to select a new username.* Could this be a sign that Ganz is going to start cracking down on names that are unsuitable for Webkinz World?* It certainly appears so.

Click the image to open in full size.

[Click for Article...]
Justin is offline Male
Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-2008, 12:49 AM   #2
hy isn't he real?
Gift Guru

fasterthenever is a name known to allfasterthenever is a name known to allfasterthenever is a name known to all

Donation Award 
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: New "Inappropriate Username" Notice

I'm very glad to see that. I've seen alot of inappropriate names in the TR. YAY!! First Post!!
fasterthenever is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 06:24 AM   #3
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

I've been seeing that since WW came back up yesterday..but, it just flashes, and haven't been able to actually read it...thanks for posting!! Wondered what that was...
TNVOLS is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 06:30 AM   #4
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 

i got this message, but it came up BEFORE i had logged in!!!! so how did it know my name was inappropiate. if it had came up AFTER i logged in, then i would have to think twice!!!!

i hope this isn't something they implement unless it is a REALLY unsuitable username.....
thanks justin....
miss spots is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 07:44 AM   #5
My mama says I'm
Gifted

msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!msclockart is not just visiting!

Donation Award 

I have seen this pop up a couple of times, but it happens to me after I log out of WW, before it gets back to the log in screen.
msclockart is offline Male
Old 10-17-2008, 07:47 AM   #6
elcome 2014!!
Gift Coach

funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence
funmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellencefunmamas is the epitome of excellence

Donation Award 

I haven't seen that, but I always thought WW made sure the username was appropriate BEFORE it became active ~ just like when naming your pet...

Thanks for sharing ~ if I see that box I won't freak out now, lol.
Old 10-17-2008, 07:48 AM   #7
weevie97
Webkinz :)

mantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond reputemantateelover has a reputation beyond repute

i am verry glad to see they are cracking down
mantateelover is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 07:49 AM   #8

bsburn99 will become famous soon enough

Someone in the clubhouse saw a message quickly come up and then dissappear, this may be what she saw.

Mom to Reese
bsburn99 is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 08:07 AM   #9
Peachfuzz44

Peachfizz55 will become famous soon enough

I've seen this icon BEFORE logging in. I hope this isn't likr the whole naming Webkinz thing. If so I'm going to be very furious with Webkinz.
Peachfizz55 is offline Female
Old 10-17-2008, 08:33 AM   #10
Rage74
Rage74 is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm gonna hazard a guess that my name, "Rage", isn't going to pass WW's test. After all, I tried to name my Leopard Lizard "Larry" and it was refused.

However, correct me if I'm wrong...but you don't often see a username's full username, do you? Don't they always say "User [1st 3 letters of name] with [full pet name] won the bingo!" or something like that? I always thought it was to prevent other people from taking the username and trying to hack the account.

Unless it's something new for the "My Page" thing. Do they display the full name there of people who are not your "friends"?
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: