Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 12:07 PM   #21
sniffindaisies
Gifted

sniffindaisies will become famous soon enough

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Minty Reindeer Nose Color Mystery Solved

I'm sure they changed the color from red to green because of copyright infringement. Not many people know that Rudolph is a licensed character, even if the rest of him may look different. Yes... there have been lawsuits over this.

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
Written by FIA
Tuesday, 23 December 2008

As many of you Minty Reindeer owners have noticed, there has been a recent change to the appearance of the virtual pet in Webkinz World. After two weeks of having red noses, all of the Minty Reindeer's noses are now green. The graphic in the Webkinz eStore has also been modified to show the Minty Reindeer with a green nose. Below you can see a comparison of the older and newer eStore graphics.

Many Minty Reindeer owners are not happy about this change, and have contacted Webkinz Customer Support to find out what is going on. All Webkinz Customer Service Representatives are saying the same thing: The Minty Reindeer's nose was always supposed to be green. It was a mistake that it was ever advertised or released with a red nose. This mistake has now been corrected and all Minty Reindeer look the way they are supposed to. Any customer who is not happy with change in appearance can contact Customer Support to have their money refunded and the Minty Reindeer removed from their account.

As a form of "protest" against the new noses, a number of Webkinz Insider members have started dressing their Minty Reindeer in the Mummy Wrap from the Halloween Giftbox to cover up the nose. Here you can see a graphic created by WI member dragonbird for what she is calling the "Return to the Red Nose Quest". Says WI member SweetsMom, "We did NOT authorize this nose job!!"

For those of you who still want to purchase the Minty Reindeer from the Webkinz eStore (www.webkinzestore), time is running out. As we suspected, the Minty Reindeer is a Seasonal Webkinz. Ganz has updated the eStore description to say that the Minty Reindeer is "Only available until December 25th!".

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-28-2008, 12:43 PM   #22
catsnhorse
Webkinz :)

catsnhorse is on a distinguished road

Yes sniffindaisies there is copyright laws on the red nose. My husband worked for a major ad company and they used a red nosed cow in their holiday ad. They were sued by the Rudolph society and had to discontinue the ad even though it was a COW! So I am afaid the same thing happened to the Ganz company. So I am afraid all of your protsting is not going to work and you will all have green nose reindeer. Don't blame Ganz, blame the Rudolph society.

Catsnhorse
catsnhorse is offline Female
Old 12-30-2008, 07:51 AM   #23
chibimaru7
Lil Kinz

ChibiGoogles is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's just wrong that they let millions of kids who wanted the Minty Reindeer's nose to be red. I bought one and it had a red nose, and I thought it was so cute! Then they changed it green, and when I red the article FIA put up, I got so mad! I'm not going to take it off my account, but I and probably many other kids feel cheated. Thanks FIA
ChibiGoogles is offline Female
Old 12-30-2008, 08:30 AM   #24
OOO Ghostkinz!
Gifted

Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness
Dixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicnessDixiecup is epic beyond epicness

View Post Originally Posted by catsnhorse
Yes sniffindaisies there is copyright laws on the red nose. My husband worked for a major ad company and they used a red nosed cow in their holiday ad. They were sued by the Rudolph society and had to discontinue the ad even though it was a COW! So I am afaid the same thing happened to the Ganz company. So I am afraid all of your protsting is not going to work and you will all have green nose reindeer. Don't blame Ganz, blame the Rudolph society.

Catsnhorse
OH YES IT MOST CERTAINLY IS!! Look at what happened when a BREWERY tried to use the Rudolph' Reserve ale...no mention of RED at all!

Bethlehem Brew Works Rudolph's Reserve ale. For two years, Jeff Fegley, a brewer whose family owns the Bethlehem Brew Works, bottled a holiday ale, Rudolph's Reserve.

Earlier this year, as the brew pub was about to begin brewing its third edition of Rudolph's Reserve, the brew pub owners decided to trademark the ale's name.

That process, which can take several months and involves public filings with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, led to a surprising realization: The small brew pub was potentially violating sections of U.S. trademark laws.

The problem, it seems, is the name and label of the ale. Both evoke the image of Rudolph, the reindeer of red-nosed fame. As the brew pub found out, that specific image is indeed trademarked
http://www.ipmall.info/news_activiti...eld_031223.asp

What I think happened with Ganz was that they tried to trade-mark their reindeer upon release and discovered, much to their dismay, as the Brewing Company had...The RED nosed had already been trademarked and will remain so for at least another 6 years.

---------- Dixiecup added 2 Minutes and 31 Seconds later ----------

They CAN'T give us back he Red noses, no matter WHAT they do. There is no way around it.

Last edited by Dixiecup; 12-30-2008 at 08:30 AM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dixiecup is online now Female
Old 12-30-2008, 09:20 AM   #25

bromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to allbromsisa is a name known to all

View Post Originally Posted by catsnhorse

Catsnhorse

This is great news and awful news at the same time.

At the very least it tells us that Ganz did not intentionally do the bait and switch...at least we can hope that weren't aware of the cpoyright issues until after ..(maybe putting to much faith in ganz, but why not?).

Anyway if this was the case I am still sorry for those that wanted red noses. And on some level I still feel that Ganz should have looked into this before they put it out..but they didn't and people lost there noses.

The only thing I think Ganz should still do is explain what happened with all the copyright issues in the Kinzville newz. Nothing big, just a very simple explaination and apology.

I mean if it was an innocent mistake than admitting it should not be a big deal.

Personally I feel would help restore some faith back into Ganz that has been lost for this and other reasons.
bromsisa is offline Female
Old 12-30-2008, 09:59 AM   #26
Karyn_Julia

I noticed that they had changed the nose, but, I don't buy from the e-store. I think we should be happy with our minty reindeers. After all, now, instead of them having a peppermint nose, they have a spearmint. We just have to look at the positives of this, we can't make a fuss over something that isn't broken, that has just changed, like DixieCup said.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:33 AM   #27
✞ Walk by Faith ✞

dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy
dumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joydumblonde693 is an abundance of joy

In my opinion, it really doesn't matter what colour a Webkinz's nose is. Really, I think that Webkinz owner make a very big deal about the appearance of their Webkinz. Maybe you get a super bed when you add this pet on. Maybe you get one of the super rare items when you add this pet on. Either way, you get the pet item, their food, a balloon, and an exclusive item. I really don't think it should matter what colour the Minty Reindeer's nose it. It is just nice to have an addition to your Webkinz family. I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone, I just think that people make what really is a minor problem, into a HUGE earth-shattering issue. Let me know what you think.
dumblonde693 is offline Female
Old 12-30-2008, 12:36 PM   #28
Maddog2008

Sherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond reputeSherbert_Mama has a reputation beyond repute

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by dumblonde693
In my opinion, it really doesn't matter what colour a Webkinz's nose is. Really, I think that Webkinz owner make a very big deal about the appearance of their Webkinz. Maybe you get a super bed when you add this pet on. Maybe you get one of the super rare items when you add this pet on. Either way, you get the pet item, their food, a balloon, and an exclusive item. I really don't think it should matter what colour the Minty Reindeer's nose it. It is just nice to have an addition to your Webkinz family. I'm not trying to pick a fight with anyone, I just think that people make what really is a minor problem, into a HUGE earth-shattering issue. Let me know what you think.
You couldn't be more correct. I bought the reindeer as soon as the estore made it available because I loved how cute it was in general. I loved it then and I love it now. I loved it so much I ended up buying two of them. The color of his nose doesn't matter...it's still one of the cutest webbies I've ever seen. I think some people have nothing better to do but complain about stuff and make a huge issue where there isn't one. If they are really so unhappy about the reindeer Ganz will give them a refund.
Sherbert_Mama is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: