Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 12:13 AM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default BREAKING NEWS: March's Pet of the Month is the Yorkie

Written by FIA
Friday, 23 January 2009

Thank you to our friends at Ameriwade (www.ameriwade.com) Webkinz Insider has been able to confirm that Ganz' selection for March 2009's Pet of the Month is the Webkinz Yorkie.

Don't forget that the Webkinz Bulldog is the Pet of the Month for January, the Webkinz Googles is the Pet of the Month for February, and that Webkinz Insider is your #1 source for Webkinz Information.

Click the image to open in full size.
FIA is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2009, 12:14 AM   #2
i am chatty
Gifted

miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause
miss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applausemiss spots deserves a round of applause

Donation Award 
Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: March's Pet of the Month is the Yorkie

oh cool...what a wonderful pet for the month of march!!!!!

thanks fia for the great news
miss spots is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 12:18 AM   #3
I may or may
Gifted

Ilovemom619 knows the way
Ilovemom619 knows the wayIlovemom619 knows the wayIlovemom619 knows the way

Post Re: BREAKING NEWS: March's Pet of the Month is the Yorkie

Thank you Fia for the fabulous information
Ilovemom619 is offline Male
Old 01-24-2009, 07:37 AM   #4
Webkinz :)

Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great
Webkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be greatWebkinz Mania dares to be great

I have the Lil'Kinz Yorkie, not the Webkinz one!
Webkinz Mania is offline Male
Old 01-24-2009, 07:43 AM   #5
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Thanks as always...have several of those on our accounts!!
TNVOLS is offline Female
Old 01-24-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
Lil Kinz
stillstimpy is an unknown quantity at this point

any guesses on how many people won't the loot bag??
stillstimpy is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 03:17 AM   #7
Honey2800

Honey2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant futureHoney2800 has a brilliant future

The one thing that irritates me about this POTM is that Webkinz got that dog breed wrong. That is NOT a "Yorkie" that is a Maltese!
I used to groom show Yorkies and this is the AKC breed standards for a Yorkie (Yorkshire Terrier).
Colors
Puppies are born black and tan and are normally darker in body color, showing an intermingling of black hair in the tan until they are matured. Color of hair on body and richness of tan on head and legs are of prime importance in adult dogs, to which the following color requirements apply: BLUE: Is a dark steel-blue, not a silver-blue and not mingled with fawn, bronzy or black hairs. TAN: All tan hair is darker at the roots than in the middle, shading to still lighter tan at the tips. There should be no sooty or black hair intermingled with any of the tan.
Color on Body
The blue extends over the body from back of neck to root of tail. Hair on tail is a darker blue, especially at end of tail.
Headfall
A rich golden tan, deeper in color at sides of head, at ear roots and on the muzzle, with ears a deep rich tan. Tan color should not extend down on back of neck.
Chest and Legs
A bright, rich tan, not extending above the elbow on the forelegs nor above the stifle on the hind legs.

Here is what a Yorkie is supposed to look like...

This is a Maltese...

I wish that Webkinz would have named the breed correctly. I would soooo have bought a webbie that looked like a real Yorkie. I like the coat colors on that breed. If you are going to make a webbie with a specific breed name at least try to make it conform to breed standards... like they did with the German Shep, Husky, the Rottie and so on.
Honey2800 is offline Female
Old 01-26-2009, 08:28 AM   #8
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

Cool, I have a Yorkie that is not adopted yet!
Old 01-26-2009, 08:45 AM   #9
Diabetes Awareness

RajahDT4 is the bees knees!RajahDT4 is the bees knees!RajahDT4 is the bees knees!RajahDT4 is the bees knees!RajahDT4 is the bees knees!RajahDT4 is the bees knees!RajahDT4 is the bees knees!

I agree with Honey2800. My mom has had 2 yorkies and my brother has one. I don't believe there is any such thing as a white yorkie. And I'm also sure that they don't have a pink stripe on their back. I would have bought a yorkie if it had looked like a real one. I don't like this webbie at all. I would love to have the pet of the month, but this is probably my least favorite webbie (I also don't care for the snakes), and I don't think I would ever buy one. There are so many more I would buy first.
Old 01-26-2009, 09:11 PM   #10
Diabetes Awareness

QJemkinz is a jewel in the roughQJemkinz is a jewel in the rough

GO Honey2800! I've always called that pet a Maltese, rather than a Yorkie! Ganz should do full research before they release a new pet.

I do love my Maltese, though, they're cute in virtual form.
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: