Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-27-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
FIA
FluffyInAlabama
Gift Guru

FIA has disabled reputation

Default BREAKING NEWS: Level 10 Academy Cooking Course Prize Revealed

Written by FIA
Tuesday, 27 January 2009

The Level 10 Academy Cooking Course Prize has been officially revealed in the Webkinz News. As we all suspected, it's an Arcade game called "Griddling Gourmet" in which your pet can continue flipping pancakes just like in the Academy course. According to the article, "you can earn back the money you spent on your training". Completing the Cooking Course takes a minimum time investment of 275 days and a minimum financial investment of $13,700 KC.

There is some question about what Ganz means when they say that this is the prize for "when your first pet finishes" the Cooking course. Does this mean there are additional prizes for second or third pets? The Academy instructions are not clear on this point leading many to wonder if there is any benefit to sending additional pets through the course. We already know from members who have sent more than one pet up to Level 5 of the Cooking Course that the Level 5 prize (Cooking Class Griddle) is only one per account, and that sending additional pets through does not get an additional Griddle.

Click the image to open in full size.
FIA is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2009, 12:45 PM   #2
Webkinz :)

ALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to beholdALBERTIII is a splendid one to behold

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Level 10 Academy Cooking Course Prize Revealed

Thanks for the update. Have 3 webbies in level 7 cooking, but had been debating about using their class time for other classes, as the cooking doesn't count towards the diploma. And the closer I get to the diplomas, the more I want them. But had been curious to see what the level 10 reward was. Now that I know, am going for the diploma. If they ever get there (as irritated as I get with Ganz, some days I wonder if I will last until at least some of my webbies graduate.), then they can finish cooking. Thanks, as always, for your invaluable info--and for saving me a lot of time and kc.
Old 01-27-2009, 01:51 PM   #3
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

When you add it up that $13,700kc is well a LOT to unlock a game.. I must admit that is my favorite class and I'd love that game.. BUT i don't think that a game should be all you get for all that work... Maybe like a special chef's costume or something..
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 02:05 PM   #4
hee it's my Birthday
Gift Guru

sno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledgesno4270 flows towards the sea of knowledge

I love this class !! Once I finish it, I will focus on the diploma-earning classes, but if I can afford it I will send another pet (of the 1st 4) to the cooking class to see if it does anything. Probably not, but it's worth trying
sno4270 is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 02:09 PM   #5
Good Luck Chefs!!

AChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guideAChip is a golden guide

Thanks FIA for always keeping us informed.......... this class I did not mind doing at all, actually enjoyed it but stopped attending, once I see how much the game actually pays out, then will decide if I will go back to finishing this class.
AChip is offline Female
Old 01-27-2009, 02:13 PM   #6

ACMETEAM will become famous soon enough

I didn't even realize the grill was given out on level 5. . . I'm going to cooking class!!!!
ACMETEAM is offline Male
Old 01-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #7

Catchfire is on a distinguished road

I wonder how easy it is to earn a lot of kinzcash playing this. It should pay out a lot in my opinion since you spent so much time and kc trying to get it. I also agree that it probably isn't worth sending more than one pet through the entire class. But because I like the class so much I plan to finish (hopefully sooner rather than later). They should also give out more than one griddle. I mean it's only fair that if you 'pay' to put more than one pet through all those classes that you should get more than one prize otherwise it's just a ripoff. Ganz also needs to make it so that we can trade the prizes as well. Considering that it takes over 13,000 kc to just to attend the class and almost 300 days to finish it, longer if you miss days (like me) I would guess that the prizes should be worth about 30,000 kc at least maybe even more. Anyway good luck everyone who decides to continue anyway. Catchfire
Old 01-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #8

fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!fluffrnuttr is the cats pajamas!

View Post Originally Posted by kellyschrvr
When you add it up that $13,700kc is well a LOT to unlock a game.. I must admit that is my favorite class and I'd love that game.. BUT i don't think that a game should be all you get for all that work... Maybe like a special chef's costume or something..

Oooh....I like that idea....like a red or blue special chef's outfit---(not sure how to spell it...but, like the Su Chef...)

---------- fluffrnuttr added 3 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by FIA
Written by FIA
Tuesday, 27 January 2009

The Level 10 Academy Cooking Course Prize has been officially revealed in the Webkinz News. As we all suspected, it's an Arcade game called "Griddling Gourmet" in which your pet can continue flipping pancakes just like in the Academy course. According to the article, "you can earn back the money you spent on your training". Completing the Cooking Course takes a minimum time investment of 275 days and a minimum financial investment of $13,700 KC.

There is some question about what Ganz means when they say that this is the prize for "when your first pet finishes" the Cooking course. Does this mean there are additional prizes for second or third pets? The Academy instructions are not clear on this point leading many to wonder if there is any benefit to sending additional pets through the course. We already know from members who have sent more than one pet up to Level 5 of the Cooking Course that the Level 5 prize (Cooking Class Griddle) is only one per account, and that sending additional pets through does not get an additional Griddle.

Click the image to open in full size.

Currently, I have two pets on my one account attending cooking, and are on level 10....they still have 41 and 39 classes to complete....( I am NOT the greatest pancake flipper apparently....).

I will definitely make sure they do not complete on the same day to avoid that as a glitch, but, I will try to remember to keep you posted.

Fluffrnuttr

Last edited by fluffrnuttr; 01-27-2009 at 03:35 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #9
Gift Guru

likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!likmfurry is not just visiting!

I'm glad I only have one pet going through with Cooking, who is currently close to finishing Level 8. I'll see him to the end so I can unlock this game and decide for myself if it's worth even playing after doing the class 275 times.

After that, the cooking class will basically just become of waste of webspace, what's the purpose of sending any more pets through it?

I love the idea of the special cook's uniform! Maybe we could get the sous-chef hats (the tall ones with the paper crests) and a white uniform with the black apron!
likmfurry is offline Male
Old 01-27-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
Gifted

gabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roostgabbyz2 rules the roost

Cool. I love the cooking class. ( It is my best one. ) But I do think $13,700KC is a lot just for a griddle game. I would love to have a griddle game to play where I earn KC instead of loosing KC when I play the griddle game.
gabbyz2 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: