Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 04:59 PM   #281
hoa, I'm
Gifted

leahsmom is just really niceleahsmom is just really nice

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz Shakes the Trees!!

View Post Originally Posted by stellablue
If kids are 'sad' i believe that would be a reflection of how there parents are feeling or expressing. If a child gets just one leaf and it appears to be a great thing, that would be good enough. good parents' attitude = good kids' attitude..... I don't believe kids are walking around crying having a terrible life just because leaves aren't flying across the screen every two minutes.

In addition, if you are spending $100 a month and suddenly you are so mad becasue of the leaves that you are going to quit, then there are several things wrong w/ that....

Have a good attitude and you and your kids will be happy.......it's that easy.

---------- stellablue added 2 Minutes and 19 Seconds later ----------

Furthermore,.....there are kids in the world who don't get any leaves during the fall fesitval........ My kids are no where close to being so devastated that they have to hear that, but if they were, I'm pretty sure it would work.

It's all good.
I don't think it's about attitude as much as expectation. Some parents on this site limit their kids computer time to say 30-60 minutes on a school night or these kids have to share time with their siblings. If a kid gets one hour a night and they want to catch a leaf and they get no leaves in a week? They are disappointed. Not devastated, but disappointed.

I can run around skipping and singing, but it still won't change the disappointment that something was advertised as happening, the child was looking forward to it and it didn't happen as advertised. Feelings are feelings. It's just hard when it didn't happen like last year and the kids that were around last year remember that, or they remember other click to wins that happened as advertised.
leahsmom is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2008, 05:18 PM   #282
rubywebkinz
Gift Guru

rubygooby is just really nicerubygooby is just really nice

View Post Originally Posted by leahsmom
I don't think it's about attitude as much as expectation. Some parents on this site limit their kids computer time to say 30-60 minutes on a school night or these kids have to share time with their siblings. If a kid gets one hour a night and they want to catch a leaf and they get no leaves in a week? They are disappointed. Not devastated, but disappointed.

I can run around skipping and singing, but it still won't change the disappointment that something was advertised as happening, the child was looking forward to it and it didn't happen as advertised. Feelings are feelings. It's just hard when it didn't happen like last year and the kids that were around last year remember that, or they remember other click to wins that happened as advertised.
True that. Us kids can't be sitting online 24/7 trying to catch a leaf or two. I did get some on asia accts when it first started but I wasn't online much and since they were coming pretty frequently I thought we'd be able to get plenty all week and didn't even ask my mom to try to get any while they were going fast that day. Then ofcourse the leaves practically stopped and we've tried to get more leaves..... ONE leaf in all the times all of us have been online. granted we can't be online that much because of school and stuff and we get tired of waiting on them, but that's still a ridiculously low amount. One time my mom was on for 3hrs with it open while on other browsers -multiple accts open and never saw one leaf. that's crazy. This fallfest turned out to be a fall-dud. IMO There was nothing "fest" about it.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #283
Wacky Holidays!
Webkinz :)

SnowCrystal is stuck on replay
SnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replaySnowCrystal is stuck on replay

Today has been a very disappointing day for leaf watching so far.

Ganz says it's an algorithm that they don't have control over -- but their programmers changed the algorithm in the middle of the day on the first day of the American fall fest -- so Ganz has the ability to change it back.

Since the leaves are falling randomly, they don't have control over when exactly you will see a leaf (if ever). Right now it seams that the algorithm allows for you to have about a 10% to 20% chance of seeing a leaf about every 6 minutes (so that's about 1 to 2 an hour if you are lucky). If they would speed up the algorithm, then more people would see leaves more often.

Right now maybe they are using the same algorithm that they used for Webkinz Dayz when they had the pigs flying. I had multiple windows open then for long periods of time and I only saw between 0 and 3 pigs on each account for the whole festival.

Maybe they had a new algorithm for the Fall Fest and when they realized that too many prizes were awarded then they reverted back to an old algorithm. How sad.
SnowCrystal is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #284
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by leahsmom

Exactly... My son isn't disappointed because he sees me acting that way.. he is disappointed because he sat there for about 20-30 minutes several times and got nothing...

Most kids are limited w/ computer time.. I'd NEVER let him sit on here the amount of time I've had to to get me and him things...

Especially disappointing for my son, because this was our first webkinz "Fest"... and he really expected more from them
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 06:03 PM   #285
AGAG1234
Gift Guru

kinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all aroundkinzcrazy radiates beauty and kindness all around

I have not gotten a leaf yet today.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #286
trainwife1962

trainwife1962 will become famous soon enough

This was my first fall fest and I was disappointed- Why do the asian accounts get everything, and the American and European don't. I can't spend hour upon hour on the computer for nothing. The manner in which the leaves fell the first day should have stayed throughout fall fest, period. No changing of algorithims.

How does this compare to past fests?
trainwife1962 is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 06:50 PM   #287
pet4mom
Gifted

miracle is not just visiting!miracle is not just visiting!miracle is not just visiting!miracle is not just visiting!miracle is not just visiting!miracle is not just visiting!miracle is not just visiting!miracle is not just visiting!miracle is not just visiting!miracle is not just visiting!miracle is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by SnowCrystal
Today has been a very disappointing day for leaf watching so far.

Ganz says it's an algorithm that they don't have control over -- but their programmers changed the algorithm in the middle of the day on the first day of the American fall fest -- so Ganz has the ability to change it back.

Since the leaves are falling randomly, they don't have control over when exactly you will see a leaf (if ever). Right now it seams that the algorithm allows for you to have about a 10% to 20% chance of seeing a leaf about every 6 minutes (so that's about 1 to 2 an hour if you are lucky). If they would speed up the algorithm, then more people would see leaves more often.

Right now maybe they are using the same algorithm that they used for Webkinz Dayz when they had the pigs flying. I had multiple windows open then for long periods of time and I only saw between 0 and 3 pigs on each account for the whole festival.

Maybe they had a new algorithm for the Fall Fest and when they realized that too many prizes were awarded then they reverted back to an old algorithm. How sad.
It's actually not a bad algorithm for things like Webkinz Day and the Zingoz thing and the Gooberry thing because there is only one prize to catch during those weeks. If you get 10-12 of those during the week, you've got more than enough. But when there are 9 different "prizes," and the algorithm is programmed to give out food, more than say, elm trees, it takes much longer to collect the things you are hoping for. Plus, it is just downright boring!!! The only way I've been able to collect anything at all, is by having 3 of our accounts open (+2 of my daughter's friends while they are in school), and then try to spread it all around at the end to make sure everyone got one of everything. Lots of work for a few virtual items!!!

---------- miracle added 4 Minutes and 30 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by TigMagick
I JUST got a call back myself and I was told "it's an algerythem (not sure on the spelling I was never good at spelling phonicly its -Al-grrr-rythem) and they have no control over it, the 1st day people where getting leaves like every 10-12 min."
This sounds crazy ... of course you have control over an algorithm. You can't control what it does every single time, but you get to do all of the programming to make it do what you want. If you want a 30% chance of them falling every 6 minutes, you can program that. And if you want a 10% chance of them falling every 10 minutes, you can program that. It's not rocket science.

---------- miracle added 1 Minutes and 13 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by jmt1202
I agree completely...450 leaves is a bit ridiculus, but I would have like to have found at least 1 potted elm. I wasn't on last year and have been wanting on really bad. I don't have the luxury of sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time, or once a day, so I would have liked a chance to catch a few more leaves, not just 3-4 in a week. I think everyone should have the same chance of catching leaves, not just people with asian accounts.
I agree as well ... 450 is a bit much, but there has to be happy medium somewhere, doesn't there?

Last edited by miracle; 09-24-2008 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
miracle is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 07:00 PM   #288
nettne

nettne is a glorious beacon of lightnettne is a glorious beacon of lightnettne is a glorious beacon of light

Well it is the last day & still only 3 leaves all afternoon and since 6 pm EST none ! Well, I'm very disappointed. especially since ganz new thursday that something was wrong- it was working ! & shouldn't have messed with it, and they slowed it down to nothing. afraid we might get too many ciders ! I am just glad I was on WW last year and got a few items for my pets then. everything was working so much better then too. I think the kinzchat plus is what has ruined WW- glitches and all.

---------- nettne added 9 Minutes and 24 Seconds later ----------

If you notice they control everything, right down to what gems are or not awarded each day. everything is predetermined that's why they don't want us to know activities and such ahead of time. they never figured people would actually follow directions & tend gardens... daily. someone @ ganz said OUT LOUD "oh, they'll never notice". But Ganz also forgot that when we spend $$ on anything we want what is promised... and so on. So the ridiculous excuses are just that- ridiculous and extremely insulting , even to a child who knows no better other then the example being set for them. YES it is So SAD !

Last edited by nettne; 09-24-2008 at 07:00 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
nettne is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 07:04 PM   #289
jme90x is on a distinguished road

ITs the last day/night. In a last attempt, I've watched two accounts and nothing. I came on in hopes of maybe others having luck.

Still not a single leaf.
Old 09-24-2008, 07:39 PM   #290

Phoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud ofPhoebe's Mom has much to be proud of

I am currently getting a leaf every 6 minutes, almost to the minute. I have work to do and my Webbie in her garden on my second screen, and this has been happening for about 1/2 an hour.

Hope it's not just me--Good Luck!
Phoebe's Mom is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: