Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 11:17 AM   #261
OO HOO!! Newly
Gifted

Chicago is a jewel in the roughChicago is a jewel in the rough

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz Shakes the Trees!!

Ganz is RIDICULOUS. I just spoke to a customer service rep about the leaves. (She called ME.) She ACTUALLY said "We have received a few complaints about this. I'm sorry. We have no control over how many leaves are falling."

Yes. She said THEY HAVE NO CONTROL over how many leaves fall.

I, of course, said "Ma'am, may I speak to your supervisor? And if YOU programmed the leaves to fall to begin with, YOU can program how many will fall. You are frustrating the children. They will QUIT Webkinz World out of frustration and you will LOSE customers."

She said again, "I'm sorry. I'm just telling you what they told us -- we have no control over how many leaves fall. You do have a good point. I will have a member of upper management call you later today."

.............................. we'll see ................................ I'm sure not holding my breath. But, SHEESH!! In my opnion, that excuse is almost LAUGHABLE. As I told her, can't the same guy that cranked the leaves on Thursday morning crank 'em again? Hmph.

I sure do hope I get a phone call ... I'll let you know if I do.
Chicago is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-2008, 11:19 AM   #262
jmt1202
Gifted

jmt1202 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by StormJourney
Of course I was also highly disappointed that the Asian accounts got a veritable flood of leaves early on, and the rest of us hardly anything in the days to follow. But I think it's also important to realize that the Fall Fest was probably never intended to give you hundreds of those items. I saw posts where people had collected 450 leaves that first day - imagine if they'd kept it up a week! The fall items were supposed to be special, and in my opinon they cease to be special once you have several hundred of them. I mean, honestly, you can only put so many in your room or trade them to future new members - the rest are going to get sold to the W Shop. And making kinzcash off the Fall Fest was hardly the point of the event.
I agree completely...450 leaves is a bit ridiculus, but I would have like to have found at least 1 potted elm. I wasn't on last year and have been wanting on really bad. I don't have the luxury of sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time, or once a day, so I would have liked a chance to catch a few more leaves, not just 3-4 in a week. I think everyone should have the same chance of catching leaves, not just people with asian accounts.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:21 AM   #263
hoa, I'm
Gifted

leahsmom is just really niceleahsmom is just really nice

Chicago, that is awesome that you called them on it. Because even though there are a lot of adults on WW, there are equal amounts of kids on. My daughter gave up on WW after an hour of leaf stalking. She's losing interest in it as it is at her age, so if they wanted kids to keep coming back as they get older, they need to do a little better job if you ask me. JMHO of course.
leahsmom is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #264
Webkinz :)

Catmom41 has a reputation beyond reputeCatmom41 has a reputation beyond reputeCatmom41 has a reputation beyond reputeCatmom41 has a reputation beyond reputeCatmom41 has a reputation beyond reputeCatmom41 has a reputation beyond repute

I can totally agree with all of you. My kids are completely dissillusioned with webkinz. They have moved on to seapals, builabear, and ty girlz. No unreal expectations and simple fun. I am the only one still maintaining the accounts and only because I have invested a re****ulus amount of money(enough to buy a small used car or 3 new kitchen appliances).
Catmom41 is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 11:42 AM   #265
froggymom617 is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by jmt1202
I agree completely...450 leaves is a bit ridiculus, but I would have like to have found at least 1 potted elm. I wasn't on last year and have been wanting on really bad. I don't have the luxury of sitting in front of a computer for long periods of time, or once a day, so I would have liked a chance to catch a few more leaves, not just 3-4 in a week. I think everyone should have the same chance of catching leaves, not just people with asian accounts.
I, too, agree that 450 is a bit many. I was fortunate that I was able to catch quite a few before I went to work that first day when the leaves fell fast and furious. I also was able to get some for one of my daughters. When I got home from work that day the first thing I did was to log in here and I discovered that things had changed drastically. I have been on another daughter's account today and my son's account everyday since then. I am fortunate enough that I have enough to share with them but I have a son with a disability and sitting for long periods of time waiting is out of the question. Maybe I should have mentioned that when I sent them a letter. Which, I will add, they have not responded to.
froggymom617 is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 11:58 AM   #266
kats2003

kats07 has a brilliant futurekats07 has a brilliant futurekats07 has a brilliant futurekats07 has a brilliant futurekats07 has a brilliant future

Chicago-That's great that you actually talked to a live person and voiced your complaint about Fall Fest. Loved the excuse you got...that gave me my laugh for the day. I'll be staying turned for an update if 'upper management calls you.

catmom41-My girl has moved on to Club Penquin, I'm the keeper/gardener of her acct waiting for her interest in WW to make a come back.
kats07 is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 12:46 PM   #267
ill PM
Gift Guru

Ergoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talentErgoiam has lots of talent

Donation Award 

I have a feeling there will more adults taking over the accounts as the little ones move on to other new and sometimes better things. Fortunately the young ones want if not instant gratification at least some action and when they don't get it they move on to other interest otherwise we would have a lot of small children with swollen ankles and bad eye sight from staring at a screen that gives very little satisfaction. What possible difference could it make to the company if they had 10, 20 or more leaves falling in an hour, it cost them nothing and if the children interest is maintained then it stands to reason they will have higher sales. I do feel sorry for the Ganz representatives who are not in control of the situation, because they are the ones who have to field all of the questions and put up with all the complaints and it must make for a very long day.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:52 PM   #268

bonairgirl is on a distinguished road

I want Ganz to know that they have saved me alot of money but pulling this flop fest. my kids are disgusted after sitting at the computer looking for leaves they did not find. Now they are off on other sites and hope they take more interest in them.
with all their down time when my kids want to play, this only added to it.
bonairgirl is offline Female
Old 09-24-2008, 12:55 PM   #269
IttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roostIttyGirl2 rules the roost

View Post Originally Posted by Ergoiam
What possible difference could it make to the company if they had 10, 20 or more leaves falling in an hour, it cost them nothing...
But they do have to pay the guy who worked last Thursday morning who programmed all the leaves to fall.

You are right, it is all pictures on a computer screen. I won't let my daughter buy anything at the e-store for that very reason.

Mom of IttyGirl2
Old 09-24-2008, 01:22 PM   #270
We Love

angelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonderangelgurl1 wows us all with wonder

Donation Award 

View Post Originally Posted by Catmom41
I can totally agree with all of you. My kids are completely dissillusioned with webkinz. They have moved on to seapals, builabear, and ty girlz. No unreal expectations and simple fun. I am the only one still maintaining the accounts and only because I have invested a re****ulus amount of money(enough to buy a small used car or 3 new kitchen appliances).

Hey fellow leaf fanatics! Decided to check in here to see if ANYONE was having better luck than I with this last day of the Fabulous Fallfest Flop! Apparently not...

Have to thank you, Catmom - you did make me lol... 'cuz I'm in the same boat. Yup... small used car, kitchen appliances... (not going to think about where else all that money could have gone!)

Wish I could say I'm done giving Ganz my money, but, I know I wouldn't stick to it. (That porcupine is just so darn cute!)

I do wish that since Justin opened this thread with such positive expectations after the Ganz Creative Director's email that we'd get a follow up - and explanation? Obviously the Ganz people DO read what we are saying... so - HELLO? What do you guys have to say for yourselves?

And PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE - can we have a better Winterfest?
Thousands of loyal Webkinz customers spending literally thousands of dollars are voicing their opinions here...
angelgurl1 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: