Webkinz Insider Forum

Webkinz Insider Forum (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/)
-   WI News & Announcements (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/)
-   -   BREAKING NEWS: Ganz Retires Brown Cow and Grey Squirrel (http://www.webkinzinsider.com/forum/wi-news-announcements-146/breaking-news-ganz-retires-brown-cow-424841/)

Justin11-13-2008 07:30 PM

BREAKING NEWS: Ganz Retires Brown Cow and Grey Squirrel

This news is brought to you by our friends at Ameriwade (www.ameriwade.com):* Ganz has officially retired both the Webkinz Brown Cow (HM197) and the Webkinz Grey Squirrel (HM203).* Many of you will remember that these two Webkinz aren't scheduled for release until December.* The Brown Cow, which is probably the most anticipated Webkinz of 2008, is already listed as Sold Out, meaning that whatever stock retailers have ordered up to this point is the last they are going to get.* There is still a small window open for retailers to pick up some extra stock of Grey Squirrels.* Either way, if previous early retirements are any indication, both of these Webkinz are anticipated to be in short supply.

[Click for Article...]

smvmonkey11-13-2008 07:33 PM

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz Retires Brown Cow and Grey Squirrel

So, you mean, the Brown Cow and Grey Squirrel won't come to stores at all?

abond42911-13-2008 07:54 PM

Booo this stinks. :(

Ribbitsqueak11-13-2008 07:57 PM

I think that retiring a pet before it's official release is ridiculous. It doesn't make an sense in my opinion.

ajoysmom11-13-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smvmonkey (Post 11530722)
So, you mean, the Brown Cow and Grey Squirrel won't come to stores at all?

it means that if the store you normally buy them from has ordered say 50 of each of them then that is all they will ever be able to get

---------- ajoysmom added 1 Minutes and 34 Seconds later ----------

ohh thanks for the info and i wish ganz would stop retiring webkinz that have not even been released yet :/

abbythegrey11-13-2008 08:26 PM

This is a bummer BEYOND belief! The Brown Cow was on my Christmas List! Geez, what's up with Ganz! Maybe there's a mistake?

luvwebkinz11-13-2008 08:32 PM

I don't know why they just don't call them limited editions.

nana11-13-2008 08:33 PM

Wow! I bet that makes COWS4YOU soooo sad!

a3doglife11-13-2008 08:39 PM

It hardly seems fair. I feel like we are being pushed into the purchases at the worst time in our economy. yes, we all love the webkinz but to retire the ones people have been asking for before they even hit the shelves. just does not seem fair at all they should retire the oldest ones first. how many pigs frogs and horses do we need. the brown cow should be around longer.

ConchyJane11-13-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvwebkinz (Post 11532257)
I don't know why they just don't call them limited editions.

I totally agree! If they are going to/or only make a limited amount...then label it justly! People can then make a candid decision as to whether getting one now if the panic, or waiting until later. Great suggestion! Rep points for you!!! CJ:thumbup: