Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2008, 05:51 PM   #71
Webkinz :)

Gemini3562 is on a distinguished road

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz raises wholesale prices on Webkinz, Lil Kinz!

I'm a little disappointed and sad by this news. To us, it isn't fair to raise the prices up because of this situtation. Now by this cause, I have little chance on getting a webkinz.
Gemini3562 is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2008, 05:52 PM   #72
Gift Guru

Redwings08 has a spectacular aura about

well.. im wondering how much ganz charges retailers!! Its up to the retailers to raise their prices! Does anyone know this answer? Retailers care to check in?
Old 11-21-2008, 04:32 PM   #73
Gift Trainee

KittyFanatic is a jewel in the roughKittyFanatic is a jewel in the rough

Well, I sell online as well. I make earrings and sell them to help support my internet needs.
I am partially disabled, so can't work outside the home, like I did for so many years before.
However, I've been cutting my prices for this holiday season, not raising them. I need some sales, and know that many folks have less money to spend this year.

That being said, I understand this from both sides of the purchase.
Sure, I imagine mfg costs go up. I know I've had to pay a lot more for my jewelry supplies this year. Everything from the cost of silver to the cost of gas has been used as a factor from my suppliers. Inflation happens....

From the business side - business costs go up. Mfg costs go up. Shipping costs get higher.
Even hiring people can get expensive, esp if you offer benefits. However, this is a fine line in this economy.... you won't need any of those things or need to pay salaries if you have no customers. So, people could lose their jobs if Webkinz goes down in popularity.

From the customer side - all the cost of living expenses have gone up so high, the majority of the folks do not have the same disposable income they used to have. Our electric bill alone is almost double what it was only a year ago, thanks to rate hikes approved by our state. We aren't using more - it just costs a heck of a lot more. The price of groceries is through the roof. When it comes down to it, if I have to choose between groceries and gas in the car or a couple of Webkinz, guess which one I'll spend the money on? Hint - it won't be Webkinz.

Parents have to make tough choices just to survive these days. Not everyone has executive level jobs that have great salaries and benefits. I remember the days when I didn't even look at a price tag while shopping, but those days are long gone! So kids, if your mom and dad are saying no to more Webkinz, you can be assured that it is NOT to be mean to you - it is because they are having to make some tough choices with the money they have, and the NEEDS have to come before the WANTS. Webkinz is a "want", not "need", even though it feels like a need!

I've told my own kids to cut back on their purchasing too. We all want some of the new Webbies, but the fact is, we can live without them. Right now, unless sales pick up for me, our Christmas budget is zero!

The economy is all inter-connected. When one part gets greedy, it affects every other part. The greed needs to be stomped on instead of embraced.

IMHO, Ganz will be the loser if they increase the prices. They are already overpriced at this point. Honestly, you can get much larger stuffed animals for the money most of the time. The only benefit is the online code. But unless they put some serious time into fixing the problems on the site, the fun factor isn't there like it was. They can create all the new doodads and estore items they want to, but if I can't stay on the site long enough to play a full game, then I can always look for alternatives.

That is another factor - they used to be very unique. However, there are many other sites that offer a virtual world for the real plush pets.

Ganz needs to learn from eBay's mistakes! eBay thought they could do whatever they wanted to, charge whatever they felt like charging and not worry about fixing the real problems on the site. It was run by someone incredibly greedy, who made sure her pocketbook was well padded during her time there, and when she left. When she felt things had been bled dry to their maximum drainage point, she left. What she left behind was a site that was messy, overpriced and not anywhere near as much fun as it used to be. The current head of eBay now has to deal with cleanup, and trying to keep the customers and sellers they have left.

Many, many sellers have left. Not because they no longer wanted to sell online - it was because they could not afford to sell there anymore. Ganz might be pricing themselves out of the picture too. eBay used to be unique, so they felt they could make all the rules and charge whatever, do whatever. Well, they are no longer unique, no longer the only choice. Both sellers and buyers have found other places to do business. If Ganz continues on the road they are on, the same will happen to them.

If Ganz is trying to save money and hire the least experienced programmers they can get, rather than pay someone who knows what they are doing a little more, then they get what they paid for. Realize that you have to pay a little more sometimes for quality. That being said, "quality" is not a word I'd associate with the Ganz Webkinz toys. They often have holes in them, seams sewn crookedly, and bizarre other probems (like my reindeer with one very short leg and our extremely fat eagle that looks triple-stuffed). Quality control or mfg standards doesn't seem to be on their priority list! Why would I want to pay even more for them?

At a time when people have the least money (at least value) they've had since before 9/11 in the USA, this is not the time to raise prices. It is the time to either keep prices the same, or maybe decrease them and take the business losses on the taxes!

Ganz needs to get smart, and remember that the customers keep them in business and pay their salaries. If they continue to ignore customer service issues, site issues, AND raise the prices, there are other places to go. Sure, we love our Webbies, but there are other places to have a virtual world, other stuffed animals just as cute, and other places that offer online games. Give me a reason to stay with you - raising prices when I have the least money ever is showing me that you either don't care what is happening, or you just want whatever you can get without caring about the customer at all.

Last edited by KittyFanatic; 11-21-2008 at 04:38 PM..
KittyFanatic is offline Female
Old 11-21-2008, 04:53 PM   #74
tyson884 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know a place that is selling webkinz for 20% off- which means most of them are about $11.60. Maybe one or two newly released ones are a bit higher. Also they are having an in-store Black Friday event for $9.99 and $6.99 for Lil-Kinz. It is in the state of RI- but online ships anywhere. PM me and I'll give the address. I don't want to just advertise for them as it is probably aginst the rules.
tyson884 is offline Female
Old 11-21-2008, 05:03 PM   #75
koolkidz1985

maddiroxx1985 will become famous soon enough

Gee ganz... thanx. JUST what we needed. From a begining rage of 10 bucks a webbie and now 16! people are losing jobs and spotts filling, so now how are we supposed to buy ur webbies! just because we all are running out of cash means u have to increase it! ur losing customers becus of your outrageous prices. this is no fair. i hardly can affrd webbies anymore! now, to sucsessfuly buy one, i have to borrow money. maybe if u would stop blowing ur cash to hire ppl to make more webbies (that are not really too good of an idea, more actually cheap and cheesy, no offence) when u just need to keep old ones for a bit! so cheap ganz, so cheap.
maddiroxx1985 is offline Female
Old 11-21-2008, 05:35 PM   #76
cheekeemonki is on a distinguished road

View Post Originally Posted by Pupsaresocute
Now for a big webkinz it
ll be almost 20.00!!
Where in the heck are you buying these??? Wal-Greens are $6.00 for a lilkinz

---------- cheekeemonki added 2 Minutes and 6 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by maddiroxx1985
Gee ganz... thanx. JUST what we needed. From a begining rage of 10 bucks a webbie and now 16! people are losing jobs and spotts filling, so now how are we supposed to buy ur webbies! just because we all are running out of cash means u have to increase it! ur losing customers becus of your outrageous prices. this is no fair. i hardly can affrd webbies anymore! now, to sucsessfuly buy one, i have to borrow money. maybe if u would stop blowing ur cash to hire ppl to make more webbies (that are not really too good of an idea, more actually cheap and cheesy, no offence) when u just need to keep old ones for a bit! so cheap ganz, so cheap.
Consider this.... perhaps this increase in webbies will save some manufacturing jobs for their workers. Do we want people to lose their jobs because the economy stinks? Nope

Last edited by cheekeemonki; 11-21-2008 at 05:35 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
cheekeemonki is offline Female
Old 11-21-2008, 05:38 PM   #77
World's largest

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by cheekeemonki
Where in the heck are you buying these??? Wal-Greens are $6.00 for a lilkinz
There are no Walgreens in Canada...and things are generally more expensive up here.
Old 11-21-2008, 05:44 PM   #78
EE93

Jessi2u is an unknown quantity at this point

idk. webkinz are cheap in my area. lil'kinz can be bought for 8.99 and webkinz 12.99

---------- Jessi2u added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

i live in ontario btw

Last edited by Jessi2u; 11-21-2008 at 05:44 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-21-2008, 05:49 PM   #79
Rage&Love
Gifted

arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!
arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!arodfan727 has rep to infinity and beyond!

ugh, i agree with all of you about economy and the other hardships in the U.S.A
it was a bd idea to do this at this time.
Well maybe since it's a Canadian company, they're not thinking about Americans.
I dont know why, we're the 3rd most populated country behind China and India.
China and India dont have big Webkinz sales, so we're it.
THE BIG CHEESE! We're in a recession, why make us pay more when some people dont have jobs, losing home/cars etc! GANZ THINK ABOUT THE OTHERS!!!!!
arodfan727 is offline Female
Old 11-21-2008, 06:01 PM   #80
World's largest

Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!Tj03 is not just visiting!

View Post Originally Posted by arodfan727
ugh, i agree with all of you about economy and the other hardships in the U.S.A
it was a bd idea to do this at this time.
Well maybe since it's a Canadian company, they're not thinking about Americans.
I dont know why, we're the 3rd most populated country behind China and India.
China and India dont have big Webkinz sales, so we're it.
THE BIG CHEESE! We're in a recession, why make us pay more when some people dont have jobs, losing home/cars etc! GANZ THINK ABOUT THE OTHERS!!!!!
The Canadian and American economies are closely linked, as we are each other's biggest trading partners. It has nothing to do with not thinking about Americans, it's about the fact that costs are going up everywhere, thus prices are going up.

---------- Tj03 added 1 Minutes and 48 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by Jessi2u
idk. webkinz are cheap in my area. lil'kinz can be bought for 8.99 and webkinz 12.99

---------- Jessi2u added 0 Minutes and 38 Seconds later ----------

i live in ontario btw
I live in Ontario as well and I've seen lil' kinz for $10.99 in stores, unless there is a bogo sale...

Last edited by Tj03; 11-21-2008 at 06:01 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: