Webkinz Insider - Not affiliated with Ganz or Webkinz.

Welcome to WI!

Free Webkinz Codes

Ads  Remove Ads

Become an Insider Insider Subscriber and make these ads go away!
Go Back   Webkinz Insider Forum > WebkinzInsider.Com > WI News & Announcements

Welcome to the Webkinz Insider Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives limits your access to many of our other features. By joining our FREE community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), removal of some (including the "in-text") ads, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features, such as trading, and entering contests! Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
Closed

LinkBack Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2008, 02:18 PM   #61
Webkinz :)
brusegoosetoose is an unknown quantity at this point

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Ganz raises wholesale prices on Webkinz, Lil Kinz!

I will still buy them but that's crazy after all the probloms with there web site there gonna end up with no coustomors sooner or later
brusegoosetoose is offline Female
Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2008, 02:28 PM   #62

cheech is on a distinguished road

Wow, i love webbies but this is ridiculous....Has anyone checked out Ty beanie babies,Ty girlz, or the free account on bearville...another one is bella sara (for horse lovers) I have one of each. I could get a couple animals for the same price....
cheech is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 03:06 PM   #63

Lassie59 will become famous soon enough

That's kinda sad that there rasing the prices. I am so sad, because I love Webkinz and I want to collect them all, does that mean e-store pet prices are going up too.
Lassie59 is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 03:23 PM   #64
ants Diamond Apples!
Gifted

Jennifer36 defies all odds
Jennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all odds

Donation Award 

I think almost everything has been said, but i am only buying ours on ebay and I refuse to pay more than $8 including shipping. It can take awhile to get the ones we want, but that is all they are worth. I appreciate all the people who have pointed out that Ty beanies and other examples of less expensive places. We will go and check out Bearville.
Jennifer36 is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 05:10 PM   #65
kellyschrvr will become famous soon enough

Donation Award 

Aww I see a lot of stores in my area having trouble selling them at $15 already... With everything important going up in cost in the world (gas, groceries, etc).. it is a shame that the thing that takes us away from real life for a bit will most likely go up too...
kellyschrvr is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 10:08 PM   #66
ants Diamond Apples!
Gifted

Jennifer36 defies all odds
Jennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all oddsJennifer36 defies all odds

Donation Award 

I want to add that i just had a GREAT shopping trip to buy Webbies. Interestingly, the store I went to is NOT listed as selling webbies on the Ganz store locator. I found 5 retired webbies, the :deer: - and yes i bought them all! They had clothes and all the Christmas Figurines. So i went to the second store and found a :toucan:. I don't mean this as a plug for them(sorry if i break any rules here), rather as a resource if you want to find some retired webbies. So if you want to know a good place to go - head to Cracker Barrel.
Jennifer36 is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 10:49 PM   #67
♥ 2 c ww homes
Gift Guru

Trouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond reputeTrouble has a reputation beyond repute

View Post Originally Posted by Jarrah
The price increase is really not necessary - look at the price of plushies without that "magic W" on them - lots selling for $4 to $5 in stores here - and yet the "free" website that comes with webbies bumps their prices up to $16 to $18.

My understanding is that new plushes ordered by resellers have gone up by $1 - so it's there cost that has gone up. Ganz also makes it tough for resellers because in order to get new plushes they have to order a ton of other product. It will be interesting to see at which point the resellers (who are the ones who actually buy from Ganz) decide that it's just not worth ordering Webbies. If there volume goes down you can bet they will drop the line really fast.

You are 100% right. The 2 stores that I got all my Webkinz from aren't ordering them any more. They said that Ganz makes them order so many, that they aren't making any money..It's not worth it for them..
I know a dollar doesn't sound like a lot of money, but with the economy the way it is..to some people it's a fortune. When the sales of Webkinz slows down, Ganz is going to have no choice but to lower the prices..
Trouble is offline Female
Old 11-18-2008, 10:54 PM   #68
Cattails5

cattails5 will become famous soon enough

View Post Originally Posted by Trouble
You are 100% right. The 2 stores that I got all my Webkinz from aren't ordering them any more. They said that Ganz makes them order so many, that they aren't making any money..It's not worth it for them..
I know a dollar doesn't sound like a lot of money, but with the economy the way it is..to some people it's a fortune. When the sales of Webkinz slows down, Ganz is going to have no choice but to lower the prices..
Ty did that with beanie babies too when they were the huge rage

I think that is the beginning of the end for Webkinz - stores will stop buying them because they have to get so many, people will have less opportunity to get Webkinz compared to other, cheaper, products like the new beanie babies that have a virtual game attached, and even if Ganz lowers the price later the rage will be over. I don't think Webkinz will go away then - pokemon and beanies are still around years later, but I don't think the popularity will be there. And there will be other places on the net that are better/cheaper/more popular then.
cattails5 is offline Female
Old 11-19-2008, 01:04 AM   #69
caprica00,
Gift Guru

TNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicnessTNVOLS is epic beyond epicness
TNVOLS is epic beyond epicness

Now, see..I don't get the increase now.. crude oil prices are going down..and down..how can you justify raising the price now???? I could see that a couple of months ago..but, not now...We have been limiting the new Webkinz in our house....if the prices go up..we will be limiting them more..no more POTM..no more figurines, no more 2 of each of the new pets every month..IF..Ganz keeps on..we will just stop buying altogether..The E-store just makes me mad, and the lack of new items for the w-shop and potm items, and newer exclusives..just turns me off..

Thanks as always for the update Justin..just not happy about the news...
TNVOLS is offline Female
Old 11-20-2008, 05:26 PM   #70
Lollipop8927
Gift Guru

lollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud oflollipop8927 has much to be proud of

View Post Originally Posted by cattails5
Seeing how far they can go before we say forget it huh?

Funny thing is, after reading this, I have said "forget it", because I can't stand this!! I have 17 webkinz... and I have paid some really high prices for these..

In 2007, I would buy them for about 10-11 dollars
ganz upped the price about mid-april to 13-14 dollars
then, in about june, they upped it to 15.99 in my area
and now, who knows how much they're going to be here!!
I am NOT paying over 15.99 for a webkinz.. no matter what. That is my bottom line.
I mean, I love webkinz and all but this is really a rip-off ganz..

But thank you for the info justin.. even if I stop webkinz, i'll never quit WI... because I would lose too much..

---------- lollipop8927 added 4 Minutes and 56 Seconds later ----------

View Post Originally Posted by King Hoopla
If all of you guys hate webkinz so much, then why did you join WI in the first place?

---------- King Hoopla added 0 Minutes and 47 Seconds later ----------

I wish everyone would stop complaining so much.
It's really not that we hate webkinz, but isn't it a tad bit... insane... to buy webkinz for $17.00 a piece now?

Last edited by lollipop8927; 11-20-2008 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
lollipop8927 is offline Female
Closed

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: